News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpy_heart

Great Canyon sounds pretty awesome. Really nice work.
Sometimes, you have dotted notes against each other. The better arrangement of those notes would be dotted quarter, eighth note tied to a quarter, then quarter (or whatever follows). It sounds fine on the midi, but reading it would be much easier on the performer. Really, any dotted note (in simple meter, better watch myself) should be followed by the note that finishes the beat. So a dotted quarter would be followed by an eighth note, or a dotted eighth note by a sixteenth. Simplifies errthing.
The notes are kinda low for Bass trombone. The lowest note most can play is that C below the staff. I think the Tuba would sound a lot better because of it's warm timbre meshing with the Baritone line as well. Tuba and Trombone sound pretty similar too so the adjustment would aid the sound of the ensemble.
I was blown away by how well the midi sounded. An excellent work is you. Bass trombone sounds grand on the midi, but I think Tuba would work far better in the midi and during performance. Unless you're a bass trombonist that's really good in which case I shouldn't be talking XD

Bespinben

Thanks for the helpful advice, as always pumpy_heart  ;) I believe I've now fixed the rhythm notation errors in the score as described above, so you can look at that in the following link to confirm my belief if you wish: [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Now about the bass trombone. I actually had debated whether or not to use a tuba or a bass trombone even before I started writing up the sheet, but I concluded to use the latter because it had a more penetrating voice. In the original song, the instrument used for that line was a synthetic bass, so you could hear it well amidst the other parts. Also I realized that that line required a flexible instrument to play the sixteenth note rhythms further into the song, so having a tuba play that part would add unnecessary difficulty to the performance. Finally, according to my 5 minutes of googling, the bass trombone is typically scored between Bb1 and Bb4, so there are definitely no unplayable notes in the part. Hope I didn't come off as bashing you or insulting you; just trying to defend my position.
[/quote]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

pumpy_heart

No, I understand. It works. The Tuba can make just about every sound a trombone can in that register too. It's your call though.
And the sheet looks gewd now.

Bespinben

This song is just so epically epic. I had to arrange it.

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Final Battle vs. Rayquaza" (Two pianos):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Bespinben

Quote from: Clanker37 on September 23, 2011, 03:34:33 AMEpic. Do you know that you stole that from fingerz? xD

Sssh... he's gone in Japan, he'll never know >=)

Actually, I didn't know that was on his to-do list. I got a request on Youtube to arrange it, so I did it. Besides, his list is always super full; I'm doing him a favor.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

fingerz

Quote from: Bespinben on September 23, 2011, 03:38:39 AMSssh... he's gone in Japan, he'll never know >=)
That's tomorrow. :P

Quote from: xK-NiGhTx on September 23, 2011, 07:59:49 PMYeah, you should steal more of his stuff xD he'll never know
Oh, I'll know. Slow's been stealing mah stuff too.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

Well, I hope you understand that I didn't mean to arrange that under your nose Fingerz. You know that I always ask you first before I arrange something on your to-do list (PMD Credits and Tiny Woods are good examples).

At heart, my music experience lies in choir. As tribute to that, my latest orchestration of "Mother Zone" from Megaman Legends 2 has been arranged for Harp and 4-part women's choir. The choice of song is also my own tribute to the recently cancelled Megaman Legends 3 project (I waited 10 years for this sequel CRapcom, WHY?), hopefully expressing the melancholy in my heart and my pity for the Blue Bomber still stuck on the moon.

[PS1] Megaman Legends 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mother Zone" (4-Part Women's Choir + Harp):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

pumpy_heart

Another nice arrangement. Just use G#s. The reason for this is because it temporarily modulates to Aminor, in which scale degree 7 is raised (in all minor keys, that is).

Bespinben

Fixed. Once again, your knowledge of music theory has proved most helpful, pumpy_heart. Thank you :)

Brassman388

I tweaked the vst's just a bit. Sounds nice, I think.

Sky Tower

Note: Be sure to listen with head phones to catch all of the sounds.

Bespinben

This is absolutely amazing! All the transitions between sections are so smooth now! I can't thank you enough for the time you spent to make my arrangement sound so nice. I especially love how you were able to bring out the heavenly, ethereal sound that I was intending for the flute solo at 2 minutes into the song.

I'm going to continue this conversation via PM, as there a few things I think still need fixing. Thank you so much!

Brassman388