Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

I suppose that's a good mantra to follow Shadoninja. I may just follow that advice, as I don't want to see more saddened faces like unto Wii Tank's upon seeing that I lack a solo version of an arrangement.

However, perhaps that sadness might be lifted somewhat by my newest solo arrangement of Pokémon Square?  ;)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Yay Nebbles! I hope you like my solo arrangement  ;D

Word of advice while playing it: at the beginning, in order to sustain the low bass note while playing the top notes in the left hand, you have to use the sostenuto pedal (the middle pedal of the piano that most people don't know what it does). What that pedal does is that it sustains just one low chord while the other notes are unaffected, allowing you play the other notes in the left hand staccato.

Nebbles

>3< I don't have a pedal. I have a keyboard. So when I get good enough to play this, I'm gonna have to do without.

Bespinben

No pedal huh? That's a problem, mostly just for the beginning though. If that's the case, I'd recommend leaving out the high notes in the left hand and just do the low bass, possibly with an added octave.

Nebbles

Winter

Quote from: Bespinben on July 15, 2011, 09:08:29 PMYay Nebbles! I hope you like my solo arrangement  ;D

Word of advice while playing it: at the beginning, in order to sustain the low bass note while playing the top notes in the left hand, you have to use the sostenuto pedal (the middle pedal of the piano that most people don't know what it does). What that pedal does is that it sustains just one low chord while the other notes are unaffected, allowing you play the other notes in the left hand staccato.

That pedal only lets notes continue ringing which are depressed at the time the pedal is used.
In /some/ older pianos there is a pedal in the middle that replaces the sostuneto pedal with one that only lifts the mutes for the lower 2 octaves.

I'm a little jealous, cause i have the other pedal I described. It /can/ be cool if you press it and play your higher octaves staccato, cause the sympathetic vibrations from the lower strings create a really intriguing aura effect.

So, I assume you have a more modern piano?

Bespinben

I wish! I'm just a poor college freshmen with an eency-wincy keyboard. I do, however, really like pianos with the true sostenuto pedal, not like the one my family has (and apparently the one you have) that just lifts the mutes for the lower half of the piano. Course then again, I bet there are some high-quality pianos with a proper middle pedal in the music building at my university.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bespinben on July 15, 2011, 08:12:15 PMWhat impeccable timing you have Wii Tank. I just happen to now be posting a solo version of one of my duets!

By request, I arranged a solo piano version of Pokémon Square from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue team, as it seems that some people just aren't born with two sets of arms to play my original two piano arrangements XD Enjoy!

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokémon Square (SOLO):                                  
[MIDI] [PDF] [SIB]

HAHAHA thank you kind sir!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Oritendo

wonderful job with "I dont wanna say goodbye".  :)

EDIT: thanks btw for getting rid of MediaFire! ;D

Bespinben

Why thank you oritendo! That means a lot to me. Also, getting rid of Mediafire was no problem at all; in fact, it was the best thing I ever did. Why, my new file storage program (Dropbox) beats Mediafire by a thousand miles, especially with the direct linking capabilities.

Bespinben

Just completed my SOLO arrangement (yes, amazing right?) of the Menu Screen song from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue team. I have always liked this song since I felt it to be very relaxing with its innocent, happy, and joyful color. Unfortunately, I couldn't carry over all that feeling into the MIDI, but hey, that's what performers are for! Well anyway, enjoy!

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Menu Screen:                                   
[MIDI] [PDF] [SIB]   

Bespinben

Just finished my two piano arrangement of the Johto Wild Pokémon Battle theme from the Johto saga of the Pokémon anime (seasons 3-5)! My experience while arranging this piece just further cements my love for Shinji Miyazaki's re-orchestrations of Pokémon game music for the anime. By all means, please check out this awesome arrangement!

[TV] Pokémon Anime, Seasons 3-5 (Johto Journeys):
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Johto Wild Pokémon Battle (Two pianos):
[MIDI] [PDF] [SIB]

EDIT: CRUD! Didn't notice that the PDF link isn't working. I'll fix it right away!

EDIT 2: All better! Apparently I put an extra .pdf in the file link, making it look like "dropbox.com/Johto Wild Pokémon Battle.pdf.pdf" I deserve a smack in the face for that XD

Winter

Well let's see. As far as this song goes, since I was only able to listen to the midi  and view the PDF, not MIDI, I really like your use of pedaling, and the fact that you did make it possible to play. most versions of this song are impractical to play. I enjoy the dynamics you used. The end was odd though