News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

I actually stopped using mediafire quite awhile ago. Click on any of my song links on page 1 and you'll se NONE of them use Mediafire. The best thing about my new file storage system is direct linking, meaning you get the download as soon as you click on my link.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bespinben

Oh, the arrangement's looking pretty nice. I'll be done soon, hopefully - NO, I WILL be done soon.

On a side note, once I finish "Run Away," I plan next to arrange "Through the Sea of Time" from PMD2 (also known as "Sacrifice") and "Tiny Woods" from PMD 1 (a really catchy song that oddly enough is written in all in whole tone scale).

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

the scale consists of notes that are a "whole tone" apart. so for example, C D E F# G# A# C. a whole tone scale sounds very mysterious and ethereal.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bespinben

Think of Mt. Moon from Pokémon RBY. Whole tone scale means that all the notes in a scale from C to the higher C are played with 1 whole step between them, resulting in the following scale: C, D, E, F#, G#, A#, C. The effect of a whole tone scale is a feeling of eerieness, dreaming, and surreality.

Bespinben

After much prodding from xK-NiGhTx, I have at last completed my arrangement of "Run Away" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team (also known as "Fugitives"). This particular song is quite reasonably a fan-favorite among PMD music junkies, and so perhaps those aspiring pianists who wish to re-visit those cherished, heartfelt moments may now have their wish granted. Please enjoy this labor of love! ~(it took me a whole 6 days GRAAAH)!~

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Run Away / Fugitives (SOLO):
[MIDI] [PDF] [SIB]

Clanker37

:o It's very complicated. Having a second player play in both staves at points can get hard for players who don't have a pianist frind. When you have the quaver chords in 27-32 it isn't held for the correct amount of time, but it does make it easier for single pianists. Well done! You captured the piece very well!

Bespinben

The thing about 27-32 was that I tryed to combine the first and second layers, because it looked REALLY messy. The downside of that however was that the melody chords (highlighted by accent marks) aren't held long enough, as you said.

Quote from: Clanker37 on July 28, 2011, 01:12:48 AMWell done! You captured the piece very well!

Thanks Clanker! This song was really hard to do, since I had to fit so many intertwining musical parts from the OST into a solo. But all in all, I'm glad my arrangement came out to sound as it was intended to sound. I hope that the 10th stretch in the bass line on 21-22 and 25-26 doesn't bother to many people though XD

K-NiGhT

Lol i was prodding...sorry :P oh! i have a recording of run away...but it's not the best quality D:
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bespinben

No, your "prodding" as I called it was a good thing - it helped keep me on task. It's like a refrigerator magnet I once saw that said, "I'm not a nag, I'm a motivational speaker." XD

If you have a youtube account, maybe I (and the rest of us here at Ninsheetmusic) can see your beautiful playing  :D

P.S. I've been working on "Tiny Woods" today and it's almost done - if you stick around a while longer (an hour or two maybe) I'll have it up.

Bespinben

I have completed my arrangement of "Tiny Woods" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team. I tried to make it as playable as possible, but the song itself was inherently difficult. Still, I think my arrangement turned out pretty well, despite the mess of cluttered notes it used to be. I find this song very suiting for this particular dungeon in the game, since it perfectly represents the surreality and sheer wackiness of the situation you're in, the situation being that you just woke up finding yourself transformed into a Pokémon and have no memories of your human life besides your name. A word on performance of this piece: try to keep the tone as light and playful as possible; this song is not meant to sound frightening or creepy, despite it being written entirely in whole tone scale. Best of luck, and enjoy!

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tiny Woods (SOLO):
[MIDI] [PDF] [SIB]

Clanker37

BESPINBEN! Tiny Woods is good, bit it's insanely difficult! You could give Concerto a run for his money espeacialy with those semi-quavers in the left hand. Is it really necasary to have notes which are an octave apart and then go leaping up the piano to another note and then another which is two octaves away? It's not a bad thing and you can arrange which everway you want to, but I'm just sayong that because this isn't a Virtuoso piece you don't need difficult notes. Aprat from that it's very acurate! Well done!

SlowPokemon

It's accurate but nearly unplayable, just as Clanker said! xD It's a very good arrangement though. Here's what I had in mind--I would just make a sample but I don't have Finale anymore--instead of having the C be 8vb perhaps you could move it up an octave, make the next note middle C, and after that the G# above that? It would be far easier to play.

It really is a great arrangement though! xD I bet this was hard to do.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: Clanker37 on August 01, 2011, 12:31:08 AMBESPINBEN! Tiny Woods is good, bit it's insanely difficult!
Thanks for the comments guys! I knew when I posted this I was going to get a little grief over that, but I made it that way because that just what the song is.

Quote from: Clanker37 on August 01, 2011, 12:31:08 AMIs it really necasary to have notes which are an octave apart and then go leaping up the piano to another note and then another which is two octaves away?

Like I said, I only made such leaping intervals because that was what the song does in the OST. However, I suppose I don't have to do it that way, but it would really grate my perfectionist nerves if I had to change it to something else. SlowPokemon's suggestions do, though, sound like a good plan. If anything, the only real difficulty arising from my arrangement are the jumps in the left hand, so if I simplify that, then perhaps that would monumentally increase playability.

I'll see what I can do about simplifying it while maintaining integrity to the original. Thanks Clanker and SlowPokemon! Off to work on Mt. Blaze (or "Through the Sea of Time" if I change my mind).