News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kecleon

This is awesome! i really want an exact piece of music arranged from tom briers ocarina of time horse race theme. Everything he has added i want it in there. that would be an outstanding piece of music. on the other hand this super mario land 2 staff roll has to be another of my favorites. Its just so well.......AWESOME!
That'll Be Quite The Item You Have!

Bespinben

Who said you couldn't turn a percussion piece into a piano sheet? I defy you naysayer! (Oh wait, that was me who said that...)

Anyway, this was quite an excursion to produce, I must say! Just needed a touch of insanity to get me going. I initially trying to produce a tonal setting for each of the instruments (the ending I composed being the product of that effort), but in the end, I decided all the percussion is what gave Gurdurr's theme its construction-worker like charm, so instead I opted for the "one-man band" approach. Hopefully whoever decides to try this out has some bongos handy :P (Although, I suppose a creative use of one's body and the wood of the piano could substitute for most of these obscure instruments).

[3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity:

{NEW} "The Carpenter of Post Town" (Piano + auxiliary equipment):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
[MP3]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwh5YlyftxQ

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 01, 2015, 06:57:01 PMThat was neat, but...uh I fail to see the "a la Maestro" in it. Sure it was flashy, but you didn't really...do anything with it, and that's something I've been trying to get away from: flash without substance.

Still, good work.

MAESTRO! Oh wow, you actually posted on my thread :) The arrangement probably isn't the best representation of your Name, but thanks for appreciating it what it's worth. I try to get of the box a little at least, even if by not much.

Quote from: Kecleon on March 03, 2015, 12:09:08 PMThis is awesome! i really want an exact piece of music arranged from tom briers ocarina of time horse race theme. Everything he has added i want it in there. that would be an outstanding piece of music. on the other hand this super mario land 2 staff roll has to be another of my favorites. Its just so well.......AWESOME!

Another Tom Brier afficianado? Well well Kecleon, you have yet to cease surprising me. I think most of Tom Brier's stuff already has been written out by Keeper1st, though, granted, those are just the basic sheets, not containing his wicked improvisations. Glad you liked my Staff Roll :)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Latios212

Whoa, this is really neat! *pokes piano wood* You never fail to surprise me! :D

Question: Are you going to do something similar for "Pokémon Paradise 1" of wait until later to arrange the "fuller" versions?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

Temporal Tower is my number one favorite pokemon song after hearing you're arrangement. :D

Bespinben

Cramming for tests all week and going out of town for the weekend, I was (am) hard pressed to find time to complete my next PMD GtI arrangement "Hazy Pass" (which will be another duet, for Dusk's sake). That said, I did have enough time yesterday to spruce up my old Mt. Travail arrangement I made for FSM_Reapr for his performing gig in 2012. It had the usual curse of my old arrangements -- poor formatting and incorrect key signature/accidental usage. So, if there's still any loose ends, please let me know (like at m. 37, which I have my doubts about [Gb to G natural, Gb to A double-flat, or F# to G?]).

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky:

93: "Mt. Travail":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLIKAtriozc

Oh btw, I redesigned my front page. Ain't she purdy?
(The drawback is that a massive chunk of my character limit is used up in coding the tables, so that's why the new style ends at track 31)

Quote from: Latios212 on March 07, 2015, 09:52:47 AMWhoa, this is really neat! *pokes piano wood* You never fail to surprise me! :D
Question: Are you going to do something similar for "Pokémon Paradise 1" of wait until later to arrange the "fuller" versions?

I'd love to do some epic drumming for Pokémon Paradise 1 (if I knew how XD), but since the only piece of tonal information for that version of the song is the bass playing "tonic--> dominant --> tonic" over and over again, there's not much I could do for it in terms of a piano arrangement until versions 2 and 3 come along.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 07, 2015, 03:28:13 PMTemporal Tower is my number one favorite pokemon song after hearing you're arrangement. :D

Oh it's not collecting dust still eh? Cool! Even with my limited knowledge of all things music when I made it in 2011, I do feel I did a pretty good job on that one. Thanks man!

Maelstrom

DonValentino

Hey Bespin! Your "Staff Roll" arrangement was a real inspiration and really motivated me to try to do something similar with the Staff Roll theme from Wario Land 2 I was already arranging. So I've just finished it, and just wanted to ask you if you could please take a look at it and tell me what you think :J

[GB] Wario Land II
  • "The Journey Home"   MUS

It would be very appreciated!! Great op btw, looks neat :J
It does look you have a lot of work ahead with the PMD songs though xD

Bespinben

Another magnificent masterpiece from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon! I really love the breadth of this composition -- very high energy at the start, then there's the more reflective modulation section (which interestingly adds 2 flats every 2 measures until you've slid from D major all the way down to Ab major), then you have the a modified version of the introduction but a half-step up in minor, climaxed by a wonderfully expressive ending combining the energy of the beginning with the sentimentality of the mid-section. Oh, and did I ever say how much I love the "hub areas" in the dungeons of PMD GtI?

{NEW} "Hazy Pass" (4-hands):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3sLuPyVtfE

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 14, 2015, 10:27:14 AMSome spoiler tags might be nice.
Mmmm! I decided to put my PMD2 OST list in a spoiler (much better), but I don't like to put my arrangement stuff in spoilers because that's the primary thing my page is trying to showcase :) I did however size down the fonts on my PMD GtI table of songs/arrangements, so I think it looks a bit cleaner now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote from: DonValentino on March 16, 2015, 02:16:35 PMHey Bespin! Your "Staff Roll" arrangement was a real inspiration and really motivated me to try to do something similar with the Staff Roll theme from Wario Land 2 I was already arranging. So I've just finished it, and just wanted to ask you if you could please take a look at it and tell me what you think :J
Great op btw, looks neat :J
It does look you have a lot of work ahead with the PMD songs though xD
Bahahaha! Yes, I have a looong ways to go with this project XD Just gotta keep a good rhythm going. I really enjoyed your Wario Land arrangement (as you already know), but also more recently, your Metroid "Kraid's Lair".

DonValentino

I always liked all the feeling this song had, too bad it was used for a not-so-epic dungeon :p
Gj as always!

Quote from: Bespinben on March 21, 2015, 12:03:39 PMbut also more recently, your Metroid "Kraid's Lair".

Cool :)

Bespinben

I don't normally post on my personal thread during weekdays, but when I do, it's for nothing less than to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the U.S. release date of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity!!!

It's strange. Even without knowing the context of the song when I first arranged this mid Oct. 2012 with Dusk (my very last arrangement!), I still felt the raw power and emotion of it even then. Good game, bad game, or no game at all, beautiful music truly does transcend all barriers. Enough of my blabbing -- please enjoy my newly revised arrangement!

"Theme of Hope":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVy_Z_IfkM0

Quote from: DonValentino on March 21, 2015, 02:04:57 PMI always liked all the feeling this song had, too bad it was used for a not-so-epic dungeon :p
Gj as always!
Thank you! I'm glad people still appreciate this OST, even if thoughts on the game itself vary.

braix

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this...
*prints*
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

DonValentino

This is truly one of the most beautiful songs I've EVER heard in a videogame. You already did great with the first version, but this one even tops it!

Bespinben

Bahaha! I found just enough time before the weekend ended to stay faithful to my weekly uploads.

Whole tones yay! Debussy would be proud. I made sure to include a complicated Italian performance instruction to enhance the aspect immersing the pianist in the theme/context of the song (that you had a dream but don't know what it means).
(Anyone that's played a Urtext edition of Moonlight Sonata should know the meaning though... ^^)

"Voice in the Dreams":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

Quote from: braixen1264 on March 24, 2015, 07:13:09 PMYou have no idea how long I've been waiting for this...
*prints*
Yay! I'd actually already arranged this a long time ago, just so you know. That said, I'm glad that the version you printed is this one, as the old one is riddled with my typical pre-2013 blunders.

Quote from: DonValentino on March 25, 2015, 05:28:54 AMThis is truly one of the most beautiful songs I've EVER heard in a videogame. You already did great with the first version, but this one even tops it!
Thank you! It's so rewarding to feel the improvement in my work, and of course it's nice that that is apparent to others as well. And yes! What a gem of a song. Even some good Youtube buddies of mine who don't even like PMD GtI will admit to that fact (see TehGuitahHeroe's piano remix for example).

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on March 29, 2015, 10:06:05 PM(Anyone that's played a Urtext edition of Moonlight Sonata should know the meaning though... ^^)

Woah! I did not even need to look up your expression text! The months of practice and study finally paying off!

Thank you, Beethoven.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

InsigTurtle

Wait... so you need to use the left pedal without muting? I thought it was supposed to mute :?
*confused turtle*