Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

braix

*retweet* *share* *+1* *upvote*
What's up?
You don't know me either xD
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

How did you like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity? Adorable, huh?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Bespinben so loved in the community that even the newer members were looking forward to his return. That really says something.

Welcome back man!!  :D
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

mikey

Quote from: blueflower999 on October 23, 2014, 12:58:09 PMBespinben so loved in the community that even the newer members were looking forward to his return. That really says something.

Welcome back man!!  :D
Who doesn't love a piplup with a can of soup
unmotivated

Dudeman

I AM CRYING MANLY TEARS

Good to see you again, Bespinben!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Winter

Oh by the way, the whole time you've been gone Ben, I've been gone with college. And I'm back too! *hugs*

* Winter walks into the room with Bespinben

monkeybull223

YAYYYYYY!!!!!! I was counting the days leading up to the two year anniversary of the upload of the RSE Title theme youtube video.  Good to have you back, Ben.  You were and still are one of my top 2 favorite arrangers on this site, along with MaestroUGC
Pokemon Master, Percussionist (Marimbist/Timpanist/Marching Snare and Tenors), BAND GEEK! and all around nice guy (at least i think so).

Bespinben

It's taken me some time to get the arranging gears rolling within me again, but I finally did it! Such a great song. Huge pain to transcribe though!  Everything is just so well blended (had to resort to straight up composing a few places). Curse you high quality soundfonts!
Even if by the time I finish my playthrough of the game I find it subpar, this song will still forever remind me of the excitement I felt when I first heard the series was getting a new entry. Thank you Keisuke Ito for your amazing arrangement of this iconic theme.

[3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity:

{NEW} "Opening":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
[~Youtube~]

And OH MY GOSH! Two whole pages of welcomes!? I'm dumbfounded. You all are the greatest. Seriously. Thanks again.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Dusk

Even the sheets look very impressive (as always ;D). I had to immediately try this on piano.
It's just awesome how you manage it always to make your arrangements a master piece for piano!
I like it that you wrote well thought out fingering in the notes, but I found one mistakes there: In measure 10 over the 4th eight note, there should be a 5 instead of a 1 :P
Quote from: Bespinben on November 24, 2014, 04:20:07 PMEverything is just so well blended (had to resort to straight up composing a few places)
I guess the same applies for the rest of the soundtrack, which makes it difficult to arrange. I think you managed it very well. :D
It's interesting how you "transposed in octaves" (in german you'd just say "oktaviert" :o) the melody from measure 21. It seems to be the only way to make it playable.
I look forward to play this on my YT-channel anytime soon. ;)
Quote from: Bespinben on August 25, 2015, 12:08:51 AMOfficial seal of approval
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Bespinben

Yay! Thank you. I told myself I was going to bed after finishing reviewing some submissions last night, but then I saw "Dusk posting in my arrangements" and I couldn't resist waiting to read it. Well worth it.

Thanks for looking through my fingering. I don't know why, but my brain always mixes up the 1 and 5 fingers. I know what I'm trying to communicate, but somehow, I get things reversed. Glad you could pick up on what I actually meant in that passage.
(And in the process of correcting that, I found some more rests I need to hide, lol)

Oktaviert - that's a cool word! Yeah, I played with that passage a ton, and I decided that was the best way to flesh it out. I always have liked the sound a warm, baritone-esque melody played in between bass and upper harmonies.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday