Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Quote from: winterkid09 on July 17, 2011, 09:31:26 AMWell let's see. As far as this song goes, since I was only able to listen to the midi  and view the PDF, not MIDI, I really like your use of pedaling, and the fact that you did make it possible to play. most versions of this song are impractical to play. I enjoy the dynamics you used. The end was odd though

Thanks for the input!

Yeah the ending was really out of place. Blame Shinji Miyazaki for that - I arranged from the anime version. I mean really, what's with the jazz chord ending at the end of an epic tune like that?

And yes, I am a stickler when it comes to dynamic control. Sometimes I spend hours on end just trying to edit an arrangement to have the playback just as I want it.

Funny thing is, I hardly wrote any pedaling for this song at all, except for the (let's count) 4 spots where I indicated usage of the sostenuto pedal. Maybe my minimal usage of pedaling is what you like about it? I dunno XD

Another funny thing is how you say that "most versions of this song are impractical to play." You see, one reason why I arranged this song is because I could not find ANY sheet music for Johto Wild Pokémon Battle in ANY form on the internet, so I decided I would make sheets myself. So that leaves me wondering - where did you find these other versions of the song!? I guess you just googled harder than me  :P

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

Just completed yet another song from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon R/B RT. It actually does not have a specific name, but I did some google searching and found out that it is commonly referred to as "Escape Through the Snow" or "Snow Refugees." This song plays while you and your partner are fleeing from Team ACT (who want to kill you) as you walk through a snowy path heading towards none other than the dangerous Frosty Forest. Despite these settings, the song is very plaintive, and perfectly captures the feeling of snow falling as you trod down a seemingly endless path. The OST also sounds somewhat similar to Schala's Theme from Chrono Trigger, strangely enough. Enjoy!

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Escape Through the Snow / Snow Refugees (SOLO):                                   
[MIDI] [PDF] [SIB]

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 17, 2011, 07:38:00 PM:D!! Yay! I loved this one. /snatches PDF

It seems I have a knack for choosing to arrange songs that not only I like, but others like as well  ;D

On a side note, this song is particularly interesting because, if you noticed, you can hear a bit of "Run Away" in it. It's also interesting in that it somewhat sounds like Schala's theme from Chrono Trigger.

Nebbles

Bespinben

Indeed. The fugitive arc is so very compelling, and really shows your partner's character emerging, forging the unbreakable bonds of friendship as he/she resolves to stay by your side through thin and thick.

Nebbles

I can't wait to reach that spot in my LP... oh, it's so great to play. The future arc in PMD2 is beautiful too.

Clanker37

Wow! Pokemon Square is excellent! But the rythm is a bit off at 11 with the Cs in the background. Escape through the snow is also good!

Bespinben

Thanks Clanker! Great to see you back :)

And about the "rhythm being off at 11", do you mean measure 11 of Pokémon Square? If so, I don't think there's anything wrong there, if you listen to the orginal. But if you seriously think there's something odd, please, by all means, tell me. I want my arrangements to be as accurate as possible - NO MISTAKES.

Oh and guess what Clanker! I managed to convince fingerz to let me arrange the Credits song from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon R/B RT!  ;D ;D ;D (WIN)  ;D  ;D  ;D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Oh I found out what you talking about with the "rhythm being off at 11" Clanker. It's supposed to be that way, the bass on a syncopated rhythm and the "background C's", as you call them, keeping the beat.

Bespinben

Alright! It took me longer than usual, but in the 5 day span between my last update, I've managed to complete my arrangement of the ultra epic "Credits" song from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team. It was quite a challenging piece, and I'm afraid that, unfortunately, I will not be arranging a solo version of this song, as there are far too many intertwining parts to encapsulate in a solo arrangement (I even had trouble fitting all the parts in the duet). However, if someone still desires a solo version of this song, he or she may use my two piano arrangement as a reference point to make a solo arrangement for him or herself (*wink, wink Clanker37*).

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits (Two pianos):
[MIDI] [PDF] [SIB]

Clanker37

:'( That.Was.Awesome. So many memories! Well done!

Also did you get my PM? Could you please answer it? Please? And I'm on the solo

Bespinben

Yes I got your message, hopefully hinted by my *wink, wink Clanker37* in my last post. And thanks for the comments as always Clanker! They really help keep me going.

I'm going to start on arranging "Run Away" from PMD R/B RT now, since I made a promise to Wii Tank that I'd arrange it. I hope it doesn't take 4 whole days like the "Credits" did, but if it does, that's fine.

fingerz

POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON CREDITS IS AWESOME!! Very well done, Bespinben. I couldn't have done better. ;D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

Aww, thanks fingerz! That really means a lot to me. However, considering you've been arranging far longer than I have, I think if you did it, it would have been just as good.

...Hehe, I really don't want to steal yet another project of yours, but already my eyes have fastened themselves upon Tiny Woods. Would you mind if I arranged that?

fingerz

-__________-

I see how it is.
As long as you do an awesome job, that's fine. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn