Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Yay! I love this one too. I had some fun with the L.H. on page 2 (the L.H. arpeggios weren't there originally, but fits really well imo).

Thought so, just checking.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

I actually arranged this awhile back upon K-NiGhT's request, but hadn't ever posted it. Since I haven't gotten very far with the daily arrangement I planned for today, I thought I could post this so as to maintain my so-far unbroken daily arrangement streak, haha. Enjoy~

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Epilogue" / "Time of Reunion":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

@Clanker - Don't worry, I'll get to that one soon enough. I'm actually getting quite close to finishing the PMD1 OST, sorta.

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on June 14, 2012, 10:17:32 PMSince I haven't gotten very far with the daily arrangement I planned for today, I thought I could post this so as to maintain my so-far unbroken daily arrangement streak, haha. Enjoy~

Making a daily arrangement is kinda insane, isn't it? I think I couldn't if I tried.  :P
And what if your computer is broken for a week?  ::)

Nice arrangement, by the way.

Bespinben

So, I saw someone submitted an arrangement of New Wave Bossa Nova from LoZ: MM for the next submissions update (by Tangy? iirc), but I thought it was fairly meh, so I decided to make my own arrangement of it.

[N64] Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"New Wave Bossa Nova":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

(Now tied with Shado again! YES.)

Bespinben

I don't really have any thoughts on this arrangement other than the failing that immediately precedes it -

Jumpluff: I hear there's a monster at the bottom of this cave...
Partner: Owowow! My stomach! XD

"Silent Chasm":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

(I may be 1 song ahead of Shado now, but I have a very bad feeling he's going to unleash to flurry of arrangements all in one day very soon...)

Bespinben

I really like this song, it's so driving and cool. I also like how it functions, introducing various motifs and overlaying them at different time intervals to produce various harmonic interactions. I may need to someone to check my accidentals though, there's a bit of chromaticism.

"Mt. Thunder":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

@Clanker - Thanks! It doesn't sound quite as eerie on the piano, like the original, but I'm glad to hear it's good.

The Deku Trombonist

The F naturals in bar 19/20 should probably be E#'s for the sake of consistency between the two hands.

Also, I'd maybe consider changing the key to F# major seeing as every E is a sharp until that short bit at 19. Possibly it's in G# dorian? I dunno...ask pumpy :P

Hmmm and while I'm at it....
Did you copy the left hand from bar 1 by any chance and use it again? The stemming looks a little weird on the first beat of each bar that has G#'s.

Rhythm groupings in bars 10 & 13.

Bespinben

Ah ok, I was sure the tonic was G#, but was puzzled by the constant use of E#. Thanks for pointing out G# Dorian, makes sense. I'm not really quite sure how to approach the puzzle at 19, but I figured the R.H. harmonies should be spelled as generic thirds, for the most part. Yup, ask pumpy lol :P
Oh gosh, that's embarrassing. It looks like I did copy from the first measure L.H. for the whole song. Stemming fixed.
Rhythm grouping fixed also. I like the melody in that part of the song, very memorable.

Thanks a bunch! It's really nice to have peer revision in my submission thread as opposed to mostly just in the submissions update :D

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

I was working on a particularly long song today but found I couldn't finish it before the day would be up, so I decided to whip up this little diddly real quick to maintain my so far unbroken daily arrangement streak.

"Insert Title":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

@Slow - Thanks Slow!

Bespinben

I like to think of this song as the demented version of "Snow Refugees", since it uses the same choral voices and glockenspiel ostinato at its beginning, except using fully diminished 7ths. Lol, my sister hates this song, since it always reminds her of how she died at 98F in Buried Relic.

"Frosty Grotto":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

The Deku Trombonist

There's an accidental colliding the left hand of bar 20.

Just a thought, have you considered spelling all the accidentals the same for each diminished chord? Eg bar 11 is enharmonically equivalent to the last bar but you've spelled bar 11 as C dim and the last bar as F# dim. Just a thought. Personally, I'd tend to stick with the spelling with least double flats/sharps just for reading convenience. It's not like you have to indicate that they are related to a chord of resolution or anything :P

Bespinben

Oh, I love this song. It's so quirky and fun, a perfect theme for the character.

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky:
"Guildmaster Wigglytuff":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

@Deku - I should fix that XD Thanks for the suggestion, I'll spend some time this afternoon doing that.