Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Following up on the previous Super Mario World arrangement above, I was quite surprised to not find the "Powerful Infant" theme from Yoshi's Island on the main site, or anywhere for that matter, considering that the song's melody would re-occur in nearly all later incarnations of the "Starman" theme (such as with "Flying Mario" in Super Mario 64, or "Metal Mario").

[SNES] Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Powerful Baby (Starman Theme)":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

The Deku Trombonist

So that's where the Super Mario 64 Wing Cap Theme comes from!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 07, 2012, 10:07:57 PMOkay I figured out dropbox here's my Powerful infant sheet: http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=1708.msg36962#msg36962

Ah, very nice! I actually like your arrangement a little better than my own because it presents more information about the parts from the original song than my arrangement, leaving more room for interpretation.

Bespinben

With my Sibelius to Finale conversion project finally complete and summer just beginning, I now I have plenty of time to make many more new arrangements, the first of these being a wonderfully beautiful song from Pokémon BW -- Dragonspiral Tower. I love how the melody in the middle of the song reminds me of "Guardia Forest" from Chrono Trigger.

[DS] Pokémon Black/White:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Dragonspiral Tower":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Bespinben

The first minute of this song is really repetitive, but once you get past the double barline, there are some really awesome harmonies going on. There are probably are a few rules regarding chromaticism that I ignored, so if you know them, please tell me so I can spell the accidentals correctly :P The most I was able to tell was that there was alot of modulating between C and Db major keys, and that the harmonies we're pretty much all based on fourths.

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team:
"Mt. Steel":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

(I think that makes us tied now, Shadoninja)

DonValentino

PMD songs are awesome, but transcribed to piano are so difficult!  :P

Bespinben

Quote from: Clanker37 on June 10, 2012, 07:53:28 AMGreat! :D This song always seemed to me like a mix of Buried Relic with a bit of Sky Tower mixed in there.

Hmm... that's definitely one I haven't read before on Youtube comments on the OST. I can't say I entirely feel the same way, but I suppose one could possibly be reminded of Sky Tower by the little 8va line in measure 5 that shares the same notes as the music box line from Sky Tower. I'm not quite sure how it shares similarities with Buried Relic, but they do both have melodies that soar over an intricate, contrapuntal background in the mid-section of their songs.

Quote from: WarioMan98 on June 10, 2012, 11:14:59 AMPMD songs are awesome, but transcribed to piano are so difficult!  :P

I couldn't agree more. There are a few songs that are reasonable though, like the Menu Screen song (it also plays when you're walking around Whiscash Pond).

Clanker37

Quote from: Bespinben on June 10, 2012, 04:12:29 PMHmm... that's definitely one I haven't read before on Youtube comments on the OST. I can't say I entirely feel the same way, but I suppose one could possibly be reminded of Sky Tower by the little 8va line in measure 5 that shares the same notes as the music box line from Sky Tower. I'm not quite sure how it shares similarities with Buried Relic, but they do both have melodies that soar over an intricate, contrapuntal background in the mid-section of their songs.
It's just the rythm is kinda the same only with different notes. It's really weird and I don't know how I get it xD

Bespinben

I had trouble determining the tonic for this particular song, so I just decided to choose a key signature that eliminated most of the accidentals. It's hard to find a key signature when you have lots of weird non-diatonic harmonies. Any ideas are welcome ;)

"Makuhita Dojo":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

(Haha, you thought you were ahead of me Shado. Not anymore!)

Bespinben

This is one of my more favorite niche songs from PMD1. Interestingly, one could think of it as an expanded version of the "Dream" theme, with altered string tremolos, some bass, and an endearing melody.

"Benevolent Spirit (Gardevoir's Theme)":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Bespinben

I love how waltz-like this song is. Seems like alot of the friend area themes have very specific genres (medieval ballad for the Swamp, waltz for the Steppe, etc). Also, is specifically stating the change to the key's relative minor appropriate on page 2?

"Friend Area ~ Steppe":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

(One of these days Shado... I will catch up)

SlowPokemon

Love this song, it's my favorite friend area theme.

Yes, the minor key change is necessary as the accidentals will be affected.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.