News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Oh gosh, this has to have been one of the most difficult transcriptions I've attempted to date. Even with the song slowed down to 25% in Audacity, it was extremely difficult to decipher it's odd rhythms (and I'm still not even sure if I put the correct time signature). Oh, and it's entirely in whole tone scales, fun.  Anyway, please enjoy my latest Pokémon Mystery Dungeon arrangement~

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lapis Cave" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

Just awesome. That's all I can say.
Yes, you've got the right signature(s). It's meant to be 4/4 and then a bar of 3/4 and so on. Well done Ben!! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

Quote from: fingerz on March 23, 2012, 04:31:41 PMJust awesome. That's all I can say.
Yes, you've got the right signature(s). It's meant to be 4/4 and then a bar of 3/4 and so on. Well done Ben!! :D

Alright!!! Well, since I finally got that done, you think I could take another PMD song off your to-do list fingerz? "There's Trouble" maybe?

fingerz

....Not that one, sorry. If there's one song I do want to do from those games, it's that one. I'm sure you understand. :P

BUT! You can have any of these. :)

Makuhita Dojo from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Mt. Thunder from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Stop! Theif! from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Friend Area ~ Caves from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Friend Area ~ Pond from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

Quote from: fingerz on March 23, 2012, 04:55:46 PM....Not that one, sorry. If there's one song I do want to do from those games, it's that one. I'm sure you understand. :P

BUT! You can have any of these. :)

Makuhita Dojo from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Mt. Thunder from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Stop! Theif! from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Friend Area ~ Caves from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
Friend Area ~ Pond from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Alright, I understand. That bass ostinato in that song is pretty awesome, after all. AND YES MT THUNDER HUZZAH

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Bespinben on March 23, 2012, 05:01:00 PMAlright, I understand. That bass ostinato in that song is pretty awesome, after all. AND YES MT THUNDER HUZZAH
Do the others too! XD
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

fingerz

Yeah, agreed. I haven't got anywhere near the spare time I used to. XD

Bespinben

As requested by Clanker, here is my arrangement of PMD "Frosty Forest". Surprisingly, this is the first time in quite awhile that I've arranged a piano duet, and, even more surprisingly, my first time writing a piano duet as a 4-hands arrangement. On the song itself, I find it extremely repetitive, as the whole first 2 minutes of the song is based on a fully diminished 7th chord that modulates every 2 measures. At least Iiyoshi-san keeps things interesting by slowly adding parts over the first 2 minutes to add complexity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Frosty Forest" (4-hands):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Next up, PMD2 Mt. Horn!

Bespinben

Quote from: Bespinben on April 07, 2012, 09:20:44 PMNext up, PMD2 Mt. Horn!

Changes of plans, I'm going to be arranging the Swamp Friend Area theme from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team next. I was just loving how it sounded like a medieval ballad, so I really wanted to do that first instead (that, and Mt. Horn's thunderous timpanis were beginning to annoy me).

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Clanker37

Yeah, the only reason I haven't done Mt. Horn yet is because of those Timpanis. Oh how I would love to throw them off a bridge.

Anyway Frosty Forest is really good! :D Working on the solo now  ;)

Bespinben

Alright! Well this one was a fun one, especially with how it sounds like a medieval ballad. The sheer diversity of Iiyoshi-san's compositions never ceases to amaze me. Please enjoy my latest PMD arrangement!

"Friend Area ~ Swamp" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Clanker37

Wow. I loved that song! :D

But, all though I love the accuracy, why does the person have to be an octopus to play most of your songs? :/

Sir Dino

^ This. Nothing personal, but your arrangements are amazingly complicated bespin ;)

DonValentino

It was on my to-do list, but what the heck? Yours is much better than the one I would have done. And it's one song less I have to do.
Very accurate and amazing!  :D