News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

Don't Bespinben, you've done a great job on the Boss Battle song. I can take it off my list now. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

Thanks fingerz! You know, if you're still itching to arrange one of the boss battle themes from PMD, there's still the normal boss battle theme to do.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

Yes, I'm planning to arrange the normal battle in the future. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

One my friends on Deviantart suggested that I orchestrate the "Mt. Blaze" theme from PMD 1, so I took up the offer since I had already arranged a piano duet of the song and because I wanted to orchestrate it anyway.

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mt. Blaze" (Symphonic Ensemble + Choir):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

I must warn that there is a problem with the repeat structures in the .mus file at the moment. I tried to create a "D.S al fine" repeat structure in the song so that way the song loops at least once like it would in the game and then ends with the ending I created. The problem is, when the playback jumps back to the "segno", it puts the repeat number on 2, so the playback ignores my first and second ending markings. If someone out there can help fix my problem, that would be awesome, because as of now, my "D.S al fine" repeat is only text.

pumpy_heart

Very nice orchestration. The flute and picc should work. You could take the flute up an octave to make the flute more audible at times, but that's up to you.
The only thing I see problematic is that the whole piece is in C minor (key sig of 3 flats) and you have it in either Bb Major or G minor. I know that the A is sometimes natural, but this accounts to the use of a D minor chord instead of a D diminished chord.
Good job. Keep up the good work!

Bespinben

I suppose it would be plausible to bring the flute up an octave, but that would significantly stray from the original song. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thank you pumpy_heart! I was very puzzled over the key signature, so thank you for clearing that up.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bespinben

Oh right, sorry about that Night. I'll get to that straight away, right now in fact! Thanks for reminding me.

And I want to see more videos on your youtube channel!

Bespinben

I don't really have any backstory behind this arrangement, other than the sudden desire to arrange it 8 hours ago.

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"World Calamity" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

The section where the repeat begins borders on unplayability, so if any of you guys have any suggestions on that, please feel free to share. I'm thinking of maybe eliminating the sixteenth note run second layer altogether and adding chords to the first layer based on the tones revealed in the sixteenth note runs... I dunno.

Bespinben

Lol :)

Well, now I have an idea of just how unplayable it is in public view. I'll see what I can do.

K-NiGhT

Bespinben

Hehehe, thanks :)

I have "Goodnight" almost done Night ;) Just a few more measures to go.

K-NiGhT

Bespinben

Thank you xK-NiGhTx for reminding me to finish this arrangement! It's definitely a very pretty song, so thank you for keeping me on task.

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
"Goodnight" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

The song sounds really nice on an electric piano, so that's an option to consider if you're going to play my arrangement.