Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

A couple weeks ago, Bespinben made an arrangement of "Butter Building" From Kirby's Epic Yarn and gave it to me. Although it was a gift, I insist that he should keep it, because the accuracy of the arrangement is astounding! I will be posting this in my arrangements, but it's really Bespinben's. Enjoy, and thank you Bespinben! ;D
[PDF][MIDI]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bespinben

I was really surprised to see that the Johto Wild Pokémon Battle theme from G/S/C versions had not yet been arranged, so I took the liberty of making an arrangement of it. You will notice that there is no .sib file, meaning that I arranged this entirely in Finale, which is a big step for me.

[GB] Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Johto Wild Pokémon Battle (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bespinben

I'm attempting to try something larger this time, so I decided to arrange the Champion Battle theme from Pokémon DPPt. I tried to replicate the original song from the game as much as possible, resulting in a lot of instruments that are only played for a few measures in the arrangement, as you will shortly see:

[DS] Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Battle! Champion Cynthia" (Large Ensemble)
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

@xK-NiGhTx - Thanks for the encouragement :D  I'm still the only one working on the project, despite my efforts for advertising. It's nice to know that at least spitllama wanted to help, but he said he's too busy. Makes me wonder how Dudeman got so much help during his .mus conversion project XD

Cobraroll

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Dudeman

Quote from: Bespinben on September 01, 2011, 08:18:43 PMMakes me wonder how Dudeman got so much help during his .mus conversion project XD
I actually didn't get much. A lot of them I did myself in Finale Notepad after I found out my mom had had it for a couple months.

Anyways, this is really good! I've never played diamond or pearl, but I just listened to the OST on youtube and you've covered everything! Wow!!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

K-NiGhT

Kinda hoping you finish soon so i can get my hands on Goodnight and Bubbles Shining Over the Sea ;)

Bespinben

This was quite overdue, but I now present my piano solo version of the "Bubbles Shining Over the Sea" from PMD 2  ;D Enjoy!

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
"Bubbles Shining Over the Sea" / "On the Beach at Dusk" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Jeez, I really gotta finish up MUS-ifying my other arrangements XD No more procrastinating with making new stuff!

And to those who take an interest in my current projects, I would like to say that I am currently making an orchestration of Sky Tower from PMD 1 as well as orchestrating N's Castle from Pokémon B/W. Both are being done from scratch, unlike Champion Cynthia Battle, which I made by importing a MIDI and editing it.

K-NiGhT

Bespinben

I have been working VERY hard on this latest orchestration for the past week now, and I'm very happy to now present my orchestral arrangement of "Sky Tower" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team! Please, PLEASE, feel free to give any critique whatsoever on the arrangement, as I am still a novice with orchestrations and am unfamiliar with things regarding correct score order and the like. Enjoy!

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
"Sky Tower" (Large Symphonic Ensemble + Choir):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

I designed the playback specifically for Finale, so if you do not have Finale 2011 (which I made the .mus in), please download Finale Reader 2011 so you can listen to how I meant the song to sound (MIDI does a terrible job of that) or request an MP3 from me.

P.S. This arrangement was done entirely by ear, except for the percussion tracks, which I used a MIDI to acquire as I know nothing of drum notaton.

Bespinben

Thanks so much Clanker! I really put A LOT of effort into this, so I'm glad you like it :D

Bespinben

Now presenting my latest orchestration, "Great Canyon" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team! Enjoy!

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
"Great Canyon" (Small Ensemble + Choir):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

The lyrics used in the song are borrowed from ScytheRider's PMD fanfic "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Silver Resistance". I definitely recommend reading it, as it's a rare gem amongst the usually low quality fanfics out there. The words used are actually from the creedo of the resistance team that the protagonists join, which, in the author's note, is revealed to be lyrics the author wrote for the song "Great Canyon". How fitting.

dahans

I love your Kanto/Johto anime battle theme! Post it in the anime thread (music section!) Keep on arranging anime music :D, so I am not the only one xD.
I will listen to your orchestrated arrangement when I come home!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Bespinben

You're definitely not the only one who is arranging Pokémon anime music Dahans. I'll be sure to make more arrangements from it more often, so you and Metroidfan won't be so lonely on that thread  ;) I can't wait to hear your input on my orchestration too :D