News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Just an idea

Started by Oritendo, July 01, 2011, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oritendo

Hello,

I enjoy piano A LOT I've played the piano for a long time.
I find it amazing that so many put dedication in making compositions of nintendo music, and enjoy this website.  I had this idea, and I wanted to see what others think:

Like I mentioned before, I don't know much about the piano, even if I have played for a long time. I look at the PDF's of the songs other people write, and was wondering if it would be a good idea if you would work with me to make simplier versions for some songs. For instance, I enjoy the Overworld theme of SMW, but wouldn't it be complex for a beginner pianoist?

Edit: Well, the overworld isn't really hard, I was just giving an example.

if anyone is interested in the idea or have a comment, please post.

Shadoninja

I've had a similar idea in the past. Chances are they won't be submitted to the site(even though we have a simplified version of dr. wily stage 1 but that was from a different time) but i'll help out.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Shadoninja

I don't have any right now. if you'd like to make a request for one, let me know.

fabbemannen

Well, there's a big difference between the arrangers.
Myself I make them as simple as possible (cause I'm not good at arranging), and then taking one of Dahans for example. Sounds incredible, but you can't play them with only 2 hands xd

Clanker37

I agree, but sometimes a simpiler version misses an important part of a piece because it's to hard. Take Choco Mountain from MK64 for example. It had a really good banjo part at some point, but it's all semi-quavers. Semi-quavers can be really difficult for begining pianists to play, so Deku put in the other part which is simpiler, but it misses the rapidness that Choco Mountain has. So it's an ever-lasting battle between what sounds good and what people can play.

Cobraroll

I've always been for having a simpler arrangement of our more demanding sheets, but I've never been able to come up with a way to implement them. We have two versions of some songs (duet/single player), but having a section look like this, for example, doesn't look that good:

Super Mario Brothers
 - Overworld
 - Owerworld (two pianos)
 - Overworld (duet)
 - Overworld (virtouso)
 - Overworld (simple)
 - Overworld (string quartet)

Now imagine this for every other song down the line. People would start requesting other versions of every random bit of soundtrack, just because it sounds cool. We've limited it to duets so far, but I'm unsure on how wise it would be to go past that.

I've tried to talk Dahans into making an easier version of his R/B/Y Trainer Battle theme, and what he's got so far sounds good, but as he said; "what's the point if it won't make it to the site?"

I think that if we want to make some songs simpler, dublet arrangements is the way to go, but how? Anybody got any ideas?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Winter

You know, it wouldn't be particularly hard to make sections specifically for these types of arrangements. Of course, it's all up to our administrator.

Shadoninja

^good idea. t'was about to suggest that.

Winter

"It was"?

lol, I think it could wait though, we have more important things, and we don't want to spread ourselves thin, if you know what I mean.

Oritendo

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 03, 2011, 06:13:19 AMSuper Mario Brothers
 - Overworld
 - Owerworld (two pianos)
 - Overworld (duet)
 - Overworld (virtouso)
 - Overworld (simple)
 - Overworld (string quartet)

Now imagine this for every other song down the line. People would start requesting other versions of every random bit of soundtrack, just because it sounds cool. We've limited it to duets so far, but I'm unsure on how wise it would be to go past that.

I think that if we want to make some songs simpler, dublet arrangements is the way to go, but how? Anybody got any ideas?

Hm, I can see the point here, it would be very cumbersome. but is string quartet about piano? just a question

Sekter77

Well, another idea would be to keep the lists of songs, but do away with the current download links. Instead you could just mouse over the name of the song and that would pull down a list of the different types of arrangements.

I don't think having multiple arrangements of a song is a bad idea as long as there's some way to organize the arrangements. Maybe we could have a feature that allows people to rate arrangements (1-5 stars or a 1-10 point system) or leave comments on it.
Guitar and video games.

Oritendo

@Sketer77: that's a good idea to me  :)

Shadoninja

having to mouse over the song would get way too tedious after awhile. the current download links are fine as is. I can imagine a rating system having both pros and cons. on one hand it could encourage an arranger who is consistently getting high ratings. on the other hand, it could discourage an arranger who is consistently getting low ratings. the ratings could most likely be abused and may encourage "favouritism" that is to say that someone could rate high for someone they like most likely without actually seeing and evaluating the sheet and/or rate low for someone they dislike also without seeing and evaluating the sheet.

comments on individual sheets I can see working well but it may clutter the page unnecessarily.

fabbemannen

Perhaps we should have a learning section
It should include how to read notes and some easier songs.
When they've gotten better they won't need more easy songs, and they can just choose from the normal songs

Oritendo

I was also thinking of putting hand notations on the easy songs, so it would be more easier for beginners.