News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS

Started by ASH501ST, June 21, 2011, 11:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Totally unrelated, but still a little on-topic: What about these soundtracks?

http://www.zreomusic.com/

Quite awesome, I say.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

starrgrl24

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 26, 2011, 08:42:57 AMTotally unrelated, but still a little on-topic: What about these soundtracks?

Quite awesome, I say.

Hey! A friend of mine showed me that! I thought it was amazing when I first heard it! I do not like the reverb though. I prefer a much dryer sound, but concert halls are like that though. I'm figuring out what was used to sequence the orchestra, because that is an amazingly realistic orchestra sound!

I honestly wished they orchestrated OoT soundtrack...because Mahito Yokota is that awesome. :) I think he did a wonderful job with the orchestration of the OoT credits! Then again, I am a fan of orchestral music. :3 I am already thrilled that he's orchestrating the score for Skyward Sword!

I like chocolate. :3

SlowPokemon

^I KNOW RIGHT! I am a very big orchestral music person...I especially like the music Yokota composed for the SMG games. In my opinion, Koji Kondo is more "classic", but Yokota has the better mind as far as orchestral arrangements go.

I would really like to get the chance to meet with either of them though. :P

Speaking of which, I need to listen to that credits song... I think I'll just look it up rather than go to the trouble to beat the game...freaking shadow temple
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

It's not very good.  Sounds not much better than a midi put through orchestra instruments.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Aww, that's disappointing. :P hopefully skyward sword will bring something better.

fabbemannen

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 26, 2011, 08:42:57 AMTotally unrelated, but still a little on-topic: What about these soundtracks?

Quite awesome, I say.
I downloaded the OoT-arrangements a long time ago and I remember that one of the songs is called "Enter Zelda"

starrgrl24

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 27, 2011, 12:26:11 AMIt's not very good.  Sounds not much better than a midi put through orchestra instruments.

I personally thought the orchestral arrangement was excellent! It was pretty lively compared to the out-dated N64 sound samples, unless you enjoyed the melancholic mood and nostalgia Kondo's arrangement had. (I do still admire Kondo's arrangement though :)) Still, I just LOVE the orchestral arrangement. xD I'ma sucker for orchestral music...oh well. :P

You're so awesome Yokota <3

I like chocolate. :3

KefkaticFanatic

I'm just comparing to stuff from say OCRemix, which has some great quality orchestrated stuffs.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

? I listened to the credits, I didn't think it sounded like a midi at all. Well done, just nothing new or special.

Olimar12345

Has anyone else herd the Hyrule Symphony CD? Its easily one of my favorites.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

Lildigipoke2

I thought the orchestration was a bit of a surprise. No one expected it to show up at the end of the game. It was a nice touch. I liked it. Plus, no one hears the Main Theme in the entire game, until the very end. I thought it just made it a little more exciting.

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

triforced1

On the Skyward Sword topic, Nintendo just got lazy with the trailer music. It's Zelda's Lullaby orchestrated and played backwards.

Dudeman

Who cares? It's still unique and awesome! (I mean, would you ever orchestrate a well-known melody backwards?)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

triforced1

I'm not saying it's a bad song, I just wish they could have made a different composition.