News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

How long does it take for you to arrange a piece?

Started by Master_Z, June 14, 2011, 08:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master_Z

Just wondering this because I seem to get sidetracked and lose my motivation to continue a lot of times.

Greg

Depends on how much time I have to arrange, and how complex the piece is. I do focus on one piece at a time though.

In terms of working time, about 3 hours for a two-piano piece typically.

In terms of actual time, it varies from a week to a month. >_>

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

depends on the length and complexity.
a short, simple piece could be done in around 30-40 minutes.
a long, complicated may take me probably 8 hours total.

also, if i'm doing it by ear there's a lot of time used to repeat sections, so it'd be like double if I was arranging by midi.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Olimar12345

Yeah, an hour or two if I'm actually trying. I believe the fastest I've ever completed a piece(from start to finish) was 4 minutes, but that piece doesnt really count...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I used to at least produce them in about 4-5 hours, not in one sitting. Now, since I started to get more artistic with them, anywhere from about 3hrs to a few days, total time actually working on them.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Tangy

A 40 bar piece for solo piano done by ear usually takes me three hours, unless it's really repetitive or something.

starrgrl24

Normally it would take me about 1-2 days to arrange a music, but that's because I spend most of the time trying to figure out the meter and inserting the notes onto finale. Also I tend to distract myself from time to time...

Now that I have a tablet, I can actually put the notes in much more efficiently. :D

I like chocolate. :3

fingerz

I have a tablet, though I prefer to use a mouse.
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

The one I ever did took like 3-4 hours, and that was through painful manual click input and not knowing any shortcuts.

Arranged by listening to the song by a piano, figuring out individual notes and marking them on paper, and then putting that into Finale.

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 22, 2011, 01:49:32 PMArranged by listening to the song by a piano, figuring out individual notes and marking them on paper, and then putting that into Finale.

Oh the days of good ol' pen and paper.

fingerz

Yes. I remember doing that until I got a computer. :P