Meta Knight
---
Banjo/Kazooie
Mumbo
---
Samus
(Some other Metroid character)
---

This is what I want (not really expect) from the new Super Smash Bros. Games.

Shadoninja

new Advance wars and/or Fire Emblem.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Cobraroll

No big wish this time, but on the other hand, more feasible...

After looking at the 3DS Pokédex feature, it struck me how unambitious Game Freak has been when it comes to the Pokémon textures. The models are all top-notch, definitely on par with the ones from PBR on the Wii, yet none of these games have depicted Pokémon with any real detail. All there is is a single colour for each surface. We can see in great detail what the Pokémon look like, but we have no way of telling what they feel like. I wish for more realistic hair and fur, scaly or leathery skin, scarred rock plates for Rock Pokémon, damp skin for Water-types, etc.
The tecnology is definitely there, just look at Major Burrows from Super Mario Galaxy, for instance. Nintendo can depict things with great detail, but why won't they?

Please let us see better textures on the Wii U. Please...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Well they did the "real textures" thing in Twilight Princess; I think that the cartoony motif in their games give the games a more fun feel as opposed to something that should be taken more seriously; therefore, I think the less complex coloring works better.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Clanker37

Isn't the undetailed graphics because Japanese like anime type graphics? Like that Sims game for the Wii, wasn't those graphics aimed at the Japanese audience?

Dudeman

Quote from: Ragster2448 on August 12, 2011, 03:53:01 PMGold (Chikorita, Quilava, Feraligatr)

Gold's canon name is Ethan. The manga just uses Gold because of Red and Blue from Red and Blue versions.
To go along with that, your rival's name actually is Silver. ???
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 20, 2011, 06:26:04 AMNo big wish this time, but on the other hand, more feasible...

After looking at the 3DS Pokédex feature, it struck me how unambitious Game Freak has been when it comes to the Pokémon textures. The models are all top-notch, definitely on par with the ones from PBR on the Wii, yet none of these games have depicted Pokémon with any real detail. All there is is a single colour for each surface. We can see in great detail what the Pokémon look like, but we have no way of telling what they feel like. I wish for more realistic hair and fur, scaly or leathery skin, scarred rock plates for Rock Pokémon, damp skin for Water-types, etc.
The tecnology is definitely there, just look at Major Burrows from Super Mario Galaxy, for instance. Nintendo can depict things with great detail, but why won't they?

Please let us see better textures on the Wii U. Please...

The best we can have are descriptions.... I can at least use my imagination. Like, Torchic is warm and feathery, but Mudkip's skin is kinda dry and it's kinda cold to touch. You gotta have imagination until GameFreak gets nice and detailed.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dudeman on August 21, 2011, 07:07:23 PMGold's canon name is Ethan. The manga just uses Gold because of Red and Blue from Red and Blue versions.
To go along with that, your rival's name actually is Silver. ???

No, Ethan wasnt his name until HeartGold. It was...Cris? I think? ...in the originals.

Nah, Silver's just the in game default, his name is Gold if you're playing Silver. Why would Giovanni name his kid Silver anyway

Nebbles

Eh? He was Gold in the originals. Crys was the girl in Crystal. Then in HG he was Ethan. Your rival never got an official name.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Oh right! XD I always forget Crys is the girl's name....I should remember cause Crys/Crystal...

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: Ragster2448 on August 12, 2011, 03:53:01 PMHere's my want-to-have SSB character list:
---

Wanted to see Phoenix Wright, final smash would be "OBJECTION!"
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

fingerz

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on August 22, 2011, 12:16:10 AMWanted to see Phoenix Wright, final smash would be "OBJECTION!"
That made my day too. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Jub3r7

If anything, he would just be the best assist trophy ever.

Like everyone gets stunned as if they had held the shield on for too long, while he presents evidence.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]