News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Nintendo Medley?

Started by Nana1Popo2, June 08, 2011, 08:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: Brassman388 on July 15, 2011, 07:59:34 PMWhat intruments did you include? Like, did you include anything weird like a bassoon or an E-flat Clarinet?
HEY I TAKE GREAT OFFENSE TO THAT

but yeah I guess it is a bit odd.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nana1Popo2

oh hahaha no. Nothing weird at all. I'm just curious at looking at it, is all. are they Finale files?

Whether I want to use it or not is a different story. :p
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Shadoninja

you should use bassoon. COPIUS AMOUNTS OF BASSOON!!! :P

Nana1Popo2

I wish I could, Shado.. but our band doesn't have one anymore :(

Brassman388

You're a Bassoon player, Shado?

Yeah, I could send em' to ya. I'll put them here, like, soonish. Which'll probably be tomorrow.

Nana1Popo2

Shadoninja

Quote from: Brassman388 on July 15, 2011, 08:24:35 PMYou're a Bassoon player, Shado?

Yeah, I could send em' to ya. I'll put them here, like, soonish. Which'll probably be tomorrow.
I played bassoon the second half of my last year in senior band and a good amount in the orchestra I was in.

Brassman388

That's pretty cool. I had the opportunity to play Bassoon once my junior year of high school. My fellow Euphonium mate took it first, leaving me the Oboe. Which, god forbid, any of you have to learn how to play or even listen to. Keep in mind that I'm originally a Tuba player, so, let your imagination do the work...

Long story short, my ears bled everyday for a whole semester.

DrP

I can see it.

I'm an Oboe player, but I am coming from single reeds, so it's not super hard/annoying for me (cause im already used to woodwind epicness). people wanted me to play Euphonium or Fr Horn, and I tried and epic failed, so im sticking to what I know best.

Also, COPIUS AMOUNTS OF CLARINET!

That is all!

Brassman388

See, I can deal with clarinets, they have a range the size of and elephant!

But I digress.

Nana1Popo2

So I can't help but update this.. ONE more time..

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vcdbxg5ya5s5x9h

How's the new addition? (Ocean Theme) (I actually also changed the tambourine's playback to what it should be during Outset Island)

also, the reason it fades out at the end is to prepare for an incoming island's theme..

Brassman388

You know what would be awesome? If you sent me a mus file. That would be genuinely great.

Nana1Popo2

Nana1Popo2

Ok, I need help...

I was planning on arranging Windfall Island next, but it sounds cruddy without an actual guitar.. so I'm chucking it. instead, I'm moving on to an idea I was hoping to use later; which is go into the Second Maritime Battle.

Soo, I'm doing that. but I'm still a little unsure of the beginning. Mainly just finding the right pitches of the timpani (I'm assuming it is one, if not, I'm making it one.. ). I have right now the pitches being Eb-Eb-Bb (played four times). Care to help me out?

Here's a link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpI0cihSeHw

Brassman388

Sounds right to me.

Also, I could try my hand at helping you with Windfall.