News:

Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

Nintendo Medley?

Started by Nana1Popo2, June 08, 2011, 08:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

Brassman: I just think it would be difficult to play a jazz piece for symphonic band. I mean, i could probably put a song in there, but jazz always seems to be difficult for some reason with my band (aside from the actual jazz band)

Slow: thanks! I was also thinking of Route 209 (Midday) from DP. not just the night version :p
I probably won't put any B/W songs in though, just because of how new it is, and no one would probably recognize them compared to like.. G/S.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Brassman388

Quite a bit of Donkey Kong Country music isn't jazz. Just the main theme, really.

Nana1Popo2

^ true.. well, perhaps I shall include something! I do LOVE Dave Wise's compositions

-what kind of arrangements do you have already? are they just for piano, or more?

Brassman388

A mixture of both. I've been meaning to actually convert all my piano arrangements into Wind band arrangements.

There's this really nice version of the Aquatic Ambience that Orchestral Game Concert did that I was working on since forever. I could finish that and send it your way, if you want.

Also, I did a transcription of Stickerbrush Symphony for Vgv that I could easily convert to a Wind band arrangement if you're interested.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; I could suggest all these great pieces from that series easily. But, if you want a good understanding of what Dave Wise is about, you would have to look him up youtube or download a soundtrack of some sort.

Nana1Popo2

oh, haha, don't worry-- I know Dave Wise! Like i said, I love his music!! Haha, you have no idea. I have a few soundtracks, too.

I'm more interested in the Stickerbrush Symphony more than Aquatic Ambience, though..

Any others besides Donkey Kong?

Brassman388

Legend of Zelda; Link to the past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of time, Majora's Mask, Adventure of Link. Top Gear, Super Metroid, Those old Kirby Airride arrangements I did wayyy back. Starfox, Starfox 64. I've also been working on a few Killer Instinct pieces. Oh oh oh and lets not forget Megaman X! A few Dragon Quest pieces that I also want to work on. Needless to say that Dragon Quest is da bomb.

I was also thinking that since Final Fantasy 3/6 was released on the SNES, we could probably get away with putting it in the medley? Up to you, I love the music from there also.

And, as much as I don't like Mario, I'm pretty sure I would be a good to include some Mario RPG. JUST for the music.

Nana1Popo2

Cool!! I loved those Airride arrangements, btw..
hmm, I don't know where to start. How about, as far as OOT and Kirby songs, are any of them in a "wind" arrangement (as you called it)?

I'm not too sure about Final Fantasy, I have actually never played it. But I know the music is supposed to be phenomenal! So, I might leave that aside for now..

And there was one song from Mario RPG, that I really liked, and plan on putting it in, but i dont remember. I think it was "Beware of the Forest's Mushrooms" ? or something like that.
EDIT: NOPE. That is from the Legend of the Seven Stars... haha. well there IS a piece from RPG i want to include.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on July 15, 2011, 01:43:40 PMAnd there was one song from Mario RPG, that I really liked, and plan on putting it in, but i dont remember. I think it was "Beware of the Forest's Mushrooms" ? or something like that.
EDIT: NOPE. That is from the Legend of the Seven Stars... haha. well there IS a piece from RPG i want to include.

well that's the most OBVIOUS choice from super mario rpg and the one that would get the most "ZOMG THAT SONG!!" reactions but might I recommend the battle theme, bandit's way, tadpole pond,Mallow finds out he's not a tadpole mushroom kingdom or if you're insane mole mountain railroad

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Brassman388

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on July 15, 2011, 01:43:40 PMAnd there was one song from Mario RPG, that I really liked, and plan on putting it in, but i dont remember. I think it was "Beware of the Forest's Mushrooms" ? or something like that.

Aren't RPG and Seven Stars the same thing?

Also, you're in luck. That one is already done. Yeah, really, It's already done for wind band. A colleague of mine arranged that piece for our band. Sooooo, yeah.

Nana1Popo2

Yeahh, I was JUST about to post that, haha. that it was the same thing. I didn't know. I've never played it haha.

Shado: hmm, considering I've only really heard the Forest Maze Theme (because of the SSBB soundtracks with the rejected songs), I might just stick with that one for now.

Brassman: what song are you referring to, the Stickerbrush Symphony one or the Mario RPG?

Brassman388

Both. The RPG one was the one that my friend did.

I really like the Mushroom Kingdom one, also.

Nana1Popo2

oh cool!

Do you think I could take a gander at them? :o

Brassman388

Sure!

Err, question. What's your instrumentation?

Nana1Popo2

Ok, noob question, but what do you mean?

Brassman388

What intruments did you include? Like, did you include anything weird like a bassoon or an E-flat Clarinet?