News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Nintendo Medley?

Started by Nana1Popo2, June 08, 2011, 08:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 08, 2011, 07:50:33 AMNINSHEETMEDLEY

hahaha i like it. I'll keep it in mind.

right now, the temporary title has been "The Big and Epic Medley of 2012" (my graduation year, also considering that I'll be featuring all of the seniors)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Nana1Popo2

just a little sneak peek of what I've been working on: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vcdbxg5ya5s5x9h

I'm obviously not done yet, but any comments?

-EDIT: updated the sneak peek. That's all you'll be getting for now!

Nana1Popo2

Sorry for the triple post, but as for the Pokemon section, what songs should I include? I will probably include a couple routes from various games; but what specific themes would make you the most nostalgic? There's so many to choose from!

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nana1Popo2

Haha ok. Here's a list of some of the songs I was thinking to include: Pallet Town, Route 1, Kanto Trainer Battle, Route 42, Route 3 or 4..

any.. others? :p like, towns? or from.. Pokemon R/S/E? I was thinking [from that series specifically] the Wild Pokemon Battle, for one.

Shadoninja

out of the town themes nothing really pops to mind as nostalgic for me. how about S.S Anne?

Nana1Popo2

Which version of the S.S. Anne? which game?

Shadoninja

the firered/leafgreen version would probably work best because there's something about that's filled with tons of emotion.

Nana1Popo2

hmm, you're right. I especially love the fog horn imitation around halfway through, by the bari sax. I'll keep it in mind!!

SlowPokemon

For Ruby and Sapphire, Route 119, if you can manage it. Or Littleroot Town, Sootopolis City, Fortree City...

G/S, Route 39 or 42 is good. Azalea Town is nice.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nana1Popo2

ahh, yes! Route 119 is good! I'll see what I can do haha. it does seem difficult.. to play (rather than arrange).

thank you! :)

Brassman388

What other series were you thinking of including in your medley? I have pleny of themes that were on the SNES console. Like, Legend of Zelda, a few Mario themes and lets not forget Super Metroid.

Nana1Popo2

I was thinking of starting the Medley with the Super Mario Bros. Theme. the, classic way to start, haha. but as for series, Super Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Kirby, and some various others, if room. (like Donkey Kong, only because it's mainly jazz)

Brassman388

Donkey Kong Country is amazing in terms of music. Dave Wise is definitely one of my favorite composers.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on July 13, 2011, 10:28:17 PMI was thinking of starting the Medley with the Super Mario Bros. Theme. the, classic way to start, haha. but as for series, Super Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Kirby, and some various others, if room. (like Donkey Kong, only because it's mainly jazz)

Super Mario - I would try Dimble Woods or Clash of the Titans from Bowser's Inside Story, if you're looking for something different.

Zelda - probably Lon Lon Ranch, Kakariko Village from OOT would be good.

Pokemon DP - As far as relaxing pieces go, Floaroma Town (Night) and Route 209 (Night) are both awesome. If you like peppy songs, try Great Marsh or Route 210 (Day)

Pokemon BW - Lostlorn Forest is an interesting, different piece. Juniper Research Lab is a good song, I don't know how well it would work in the medley. And of course there's my favorite, Anville Town.

For the rest I can't really suggest much. :)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.