News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

VG Music for Chamber Group?

Started by MaestroUGC, June 05, 2011, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

I'm part of a chamber ensemble (piano and string quartet) and I'm trying to convice my peers to add some VG Music to our repertoire. For the most part they have no objections, as long as the music isn't "poppy". What I'd like to ask you is:

What VG Music would you suggest for a chamber group?

Keep in mind, all I have to work with is a piano, two violins, viola, and a cello. I'm open to anything you've got, even the basics.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Shadoninja

pretty much anything from chrono trigger except for Rhythm of the Wind, Sky and Earth unless you're brave.

MaestroUGC

Keep in mind, while these a great suggestions, my friends aren't gamers or appreciate the musical culture like we do. They're only going to want to play music that is easily playable(something we can just pull out if we need to fill time, not neccessarily easy); or something that they know people would want to hear, when compared to other pieces.

But there are a couple a tracks in Chrono Trigger that can mask very well in a classical environment.

Brassman388

master_gamer38

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 05, 2011, 03:54:25 PMKeep in mind, while these a great suggestions, my friends aren't gamers or appreciate the musical culture like we do. They're only going to want to play music that is easily playable(something we can just pull out if we need to fill time, not neccessarily easy); or something that they know people would want to hear, when compared to other pieces.

But there are a couple a tracks in Chrono Trigger that can mask very well in a classical environment.

There goes my main suggestion. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_EctHjsR4
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Brassman388 on June 05, 2011, 04:16:41 PMDragon Quest is where it's at.

^This. Dragon Quest has loads of music, and pretty much most of it is "classically themed."

Also, the Mana series, just because I'm biased. :P

Shadoninja

Offkey

Hyrule Castle or Outset Island might be suitable? I can also imagine Windfall being played in an ensemble, but then, that one may be too "poppy".
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

MaestroUGC

Yes, those will work nicely. I'll just need to find a way to work them down. Any suggestions from something less grandiose? It's easier to take music from smaller forces and work it up, not the other way around, for me anyway. I need to be able to do these is a quick-ish manner.

Brassman388

If you do a bit of searching, there's recordings of quintets and quartets playing the same music. It may sound complex, but it's not.

MaestroUGC

Well, rest assured we will do the usual stuff (for advertising reasons, plus people are going to expect it if we are doing these more "minor" tunes). I'm going to remove the restriction of "poppy" music, mainly because the person who said it has no idea what he's talking about (he's only along for the ride, and feels VG Music isn't, or can't be serious). Either way, I'll see what I can do with what you guys have given me, thanks.

SlowPokemon

N's Farewell? If you have a fairly decent pianist.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.