News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

PDF Converter Needed

Started by Ragster2448, June 03, 2011, 06:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragster2448

Uh, so I need someone to convert these files to PDFs so that I can submit them into the new June 10th update. Think I can get someone to do it for me? It would REALLY be appreciated. Here's the link to my stuff:

Big Blue: MUS | MIDI
Fire Field: MUS | MIDI
Green Plant: MUS | MIDI

I need a PDF format for each of these to submit, I don't know why,  it's just something new I guess.

Shadoninja

the sheets should be cleaned up and formatted correctly before converting it to a pdf.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Ragster2448

There's a problem with that, I don't have Finale anymore. Trial ran out, didn't have enough time to make 4 more arrangements like I promised in my original submission thread... I guess I should of included that in my first post.

If it wouldn't be much of a pain, it would also be appreciated for someone to make it submit-worthy (I feel like I'm asking for a little bit too much here).

Jub3r7

After someone fixes the format, I'll convert it to a PDF.

Have you tried the Finale PrintMusic Demo?
Someone has suggested it to me before, but I haven't tried it yet.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ragster2448

Yeah, I think that was the demo I used. I can't use it again on my computer. And thanks, I'll try to find a way to get its format right so you can make it into a PDF.

Greg

I'm kinda wondering what program you would use to convert MUS to PDF.

Anyone have a good free program?

WiiMan96

I know on Mac OSX it's possible to save a document as a PDF through File > Print, though that's probably a native built-in function.

On Windows I use pdf995, which is a similar thing - letting you 'print' any document as a PDF file. Hope that helps.

Shadoninja

Quote from: gzgregory on June 04, 2011, 02:31:24 PMI'm kinda wondering what program you would use to convert MUS to PDF.

Anyone have a good free program?
PDFcreator

there's also a pretty good one called cutepdf, but from my experience, you need a different file to change the file information(like the author and such) as it doesn't do it when you make the pdf.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Ragster2448

Is there any other program I can use to edit a MUS file? If it has a free trial that doesn't limit what you can do on it, I could use it to clean them up a bit (anything other than Finale PrintMusic, already used that).

Jub3r7

Finale Notepad also has a 30-day free trial. :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ragster2448

Thanks! Now let me try to get these formated correctly...

Ragster2448

Before I do them all, let me get some feedback on this one:

MUS: Green Plant

Does it look better? I followed the guidelines and all of that. If it does look better, then I'll do the same to all of them.

Quote from: WiiMan96 on June 04, 2011, 02:37:48 PMI know on Mac OSX it's possible to save a document as a PDF through File > Print, though that's probably a native built-in function.

No way? Really?! Huh! I should really get to know my MAC more...

fingerz

I'll take a look at these on the weekend and, if they aren't going to be too much work, I'll clean 'em up and turn them into PDFs for you.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Ragster2448