News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Forum problems

Started by Raymondbl, May 22, 2011, 02:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymondbl

I don't know if this is in the right section, but has anyone been getting some wierd glitches lately?

1. When I click the "Show unread posts since last visit" it says there are no unread topics, and to try all unread topics.  When I try all unread topics, there aren't any topics neither.  Only "Show new replies to your posts" works.

2. When I enter the forum through the main site, it takes forever to load, maybe one or two minutes, compared to the usual one second.  After the initial loading, however, it's fine.

I don't know if this is just my computer or what, and it's not overly annoying, but help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Winter

Sometimes when you log off, the "Show unread posts since last visit.", and "Show new replies to your posts." links have their data cleared.

Why?

Well the first link says "since last visit."

So duh.

and the second link RARELY does that, but I've had it happen.

Raymondbl

Quote from: winterkid09 on May 22, 2011, 04:24:32 PMSometimes when you log off, the "Show unread posts since last visit.", and "Show new replies to your posts." links have their data cleared.

Why?

Well the first link says "since last visit."

So duh.

and the second link RARELY does that, but I've had it happen.
Yeah I know, but there actually were unread topics since my last visit  :)

It's ok though, no big problem.

Winter

Well that's odd then. But it also happens, I assume thee's an explanation. But not something that bothers me.

Raymondbl

the second problem is still there and has been there for all this time.  It's kind of getting annoying.  Now that I think of it, it could be a server overload from bots and stuff.

Winter

I have never experienced this. Has anybody else?

I'd say it's a problem with SMF not us. It's not bots either XD

Sir Dino

Don't have that problem (referring two second problem), but it's because I never log out. I don't know why, but even if I manually log out, and close the window, when I come back i'm already logged in. Anyhow I don't think it has to do with bots either. :)

Winter

Yeah. I don't log out either. Unless I log in at a different location, it won't erase anything from the list.

K-NiGhT

Since this is here, I might as well post.

For the past two days, my iPod hasn't been loading the main site (i'm doing this on tapatalk) for a long time, then it'll load for about a half an hour of looking through threads, and it'll stop loading again. Why? D:
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Sir Dino

could either be the tapatalk app (wish I had the money to buy that app... lucky) or it's the site, and to be honest, I'm starting to think it's the site, since it's been a little jumpy since last night. or both. :) but yeah, I tried to open NSM today on my ipod, but it wouldn't let me..

Winter

Its doing fine through various methods on my phone.

DrP

Sir Dino

It's working for me again too; that's a relief.

spitllama

Each page is taking ~45 seconds to load. It took me forever just to get from the Forum Index to here :P Is the server busy? I'm not having this problem with other sites.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Jub3r7

^Had the same problem with the site not loading a few hours back, was worried that my dad finally set up a proxy. D:
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]