ETF's self-help book for the love-challenged: CHAPTER THREE RELEASED

Started by ETFROXX, May 22, 2011, 01:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Words such as "Color" should be spelled as "Colour", I feel, because it's pronounced as "COL-err" (the "ou" makes the "e" sound in the "err") and not "COL-arr", which should be how "Color" without the "u" should be pronounced because phonetic consistency.  It can be argued that there's some sort of phonetic exception involving that second "o", but English is already complicated enough with pronunciations, so why make it more difficult?

Also, frivolous has an "ou" following "o", just saying!

SlowPokemon

Yah US English kept the "ous" thing. But I'm only saying that since it's proper US English there's no reason to use the other versions... I'm just sort of a language enthusiast and kind of turn into a spelling/grammar Nazi sometimes because of it. Therefore since it's the rule here, that's what I believe. Pronunciation shouldn't have much effect on spelling either.

Not that any of it really matters of course.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

It would be rather frivolous to have a spelling system if the phonetics were inconsistent though. :P

And simply because leaving out the "u", replacing the "s" with the "z", removing the "e" from "ae", etc. is indigenous to America doesn't mean that we can't be rebels (especially if we do so to be proper and correct)!

ETFROXX

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SuperFireKirby

There are many fellows on here that need help with the ladies. And some that prolly need help with the men.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ETFROXX

Wry is going to be my editor as previously planned! I'll figure out when it'll be up later. Right now I'm watching a show about conjoined twins and it's taking up my thoughts.

Mashi

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ETFROXX

Just hold up until I get rid of my lice AGAIN and feel less terrible about life.

But let's plan for next weekend.

ETFROXX

GUYS I'M SO SORRY. I COMPLETELY FORGOT. I SWEAR. I have finals this week and then I PROMISE. NEXT CHAPTER.

SuperFireKirby

THIS CHAPTER WILL PROBABLY COME OUT AROUND THE SAME TIME I RELEASE THE NEXT PART OF THE ADVENTURES OF JESUS AND FRIENDS.

ETFROXX

I'm thinking the next chapter will be an interactive PDF. Because I have a new found passion for making those.

y/y