News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Favorite VG Song of ALL TIME!

Started by JDMEK5, May 20, 2011, 08:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

That was good, but I think the use of piano in that game got a bit tiresome after a while.

Ah, yes. I rather enjoy the main theme of Super Mario Galaxy 2 (first appears in Sky Station, then is remixed in Freely Flake, Wild Glide, and others)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sekter77

Sorry, but the piano never got old. Every song sounded different and memorable despite being played on the same instrument. Each piano tune perfectly matched its environment and the varied atmospheres of the locales provided some great variety in the songs. I LOVE that soundtrack and still listen to it today. I can't imagine it ever getting tiresome.
Also, so few soundtracks are arranged for particular instruments so hearing a simple piano based soundtrack was quie a refresher from a lot of the electronic or bombastic orchestral soundtracks out there.
Guitar and video games.

SWMadness

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 01, 2011, 07:59:31 PMThat was good, but I think the use of piano in that game got a bit tiresome after a while.

Oh you did NOT just go there.

Some game soundtracks reserve the simpler, acoustic instruments only for emotional impact, generally sad or mournful tunes in order to constrat the larger, more energetic themes used in battle or whatever. Kirby's Epic Yarn (and Wario Land: Shake It! which featured the same composer) is notable in that it uses the piano not just for these particular moments but instead utilizes a less-frequently applied emotion: simple whimsical joy.

That is what appeals to me the most about the soundtrack. Every layer, every texture contributes to that sense of childlike glee, but the piano is the instrument that carries that feeling the strongest.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Lol. Maybe my feelings for the game are coming through and influencing my statements about the soundtrack. I was not a fan of that game, I found it to be quite honestly a huge disappointment. Hopefully the new Kirby Wii will be better.

Sekter77

That's probably true. Honestly, I probably did the same thing, only I have the opposite opinion of the game. I really love Kirby's Epic Yarn. It was my first Kirby game and a great introduction to the series. But I am looking forward to the new Kirby Wii game too.
Guitar and video games.

SuperFireKirby

Tho I'm not a big kirby fan at all ::) I greatly enjoyed Epic Yarn. Like Canvas Curse, something totally new was tried in the Kirby series unlike any other in any other game in the series. Also it was madly fun and just a great feel good game. Also, I personally loved the simplicity Epic Yarn's soundtrack. Just and onslaught of piano awesomeness which just adds to the cheeriness of the game. But personally my favortie song was Flower Fields

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

starrgrl24

I feel so ashamed. I listen to Kirby's Epic Yarn music and I am a huge kirby...but I never played Kirby's Epic Yarn. *gasp* D: I'm waiting for my next paycheck to get that game and I know it'll be worth it. :) Kirby games are just so unique...so cute and badass at the same time. I LOVE IT. Kirby not badass? Get 100% on Kirby's Dreamland 3 and/or 100% on Kirby 64. and fight the true final boss. :P

Anyways, I recently began to love this music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU2h5NyF68M&feature=related

Kirby 64 ftw :D Been on my head all day long.

The music from Kirby's Epic Yarn is very wonderful and I especially loved how the piano is constantly used. The piano really did help out bring that "feel good" feeling of the game. Even though many of the music from the game is diverse, the piano did in a way help keep the flow...like it didn't really made every music stand out on it's own too much. It basically helps keep the mood throughout the game. xD Then again...I am a piano major, so why wouldn't I wuv the piano? :3

I like chocolate. :3

Oritendo

Quote from: gzgregory on May 20, 2011, 09:12:02 PMNew Super Mario Bros. Overworld
you read my mind. for mario theme, I would say this one and athletic virtuso of SMW on SNES. Kirby I would say all of them, and sonic I really don't pay attention, and DK I find interesting, but no comment.

SWMadness

Quote from: starrgrl24 on July 03, 2011, 06:45:09 PMAnyways, I recently began to love this music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU2h5NyF68M&feature=related

I absolutely LOVE the boss battle music from that game. The Miracle Matter is probably one of my favorite boss themes of all time. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRy4sqdZ7VA

starrgrl24

Quote from: SWMadness on July 04, 2011, 04:31:21 PMI absolutely LOVE the boss battle music from that game. The Miracle Matter is probably one of my favorite boss themes of all time. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRy4sqdZ7VA

*gasp* I almost forgot about that music! That music is awesome indeed!!

I like chocolate. :3

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Oh yes. I retract my previous statement, I love the Green Greens arrangement for Epic Yarn. It's ridiculously catchy xD

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!