News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Official E3 2011 Topic

Started by SlowPokemon, May 15, 2011, 11:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

I have a feeling we'll have a release date for Skyward Sword tomorrow, there is apparently going to be a massive announcement for it. I have a friend at Cal State Fullerton who's telling me that their choir is going to be singing SS songs at E3... its going to be huge.

Oh, and apparently they're showing off Project Café, but that's no biggie -- you all knew that!  ;D

Cobraroll

So... Café is Wii U? At least, for now?

With... SUPER SMASH BROS.!!! And Battlefield and some other fun stuff. Nice!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Sekter77

I'm pretty excited. However, there's a ton of questions left unanswered and we'll probably have to wait a WHOLE year for the next E3 until we get the rest of the details.

My biggest concerns are really just the price tag and how much the console will take advantage of its backwards compatibility. I want to play most games on the Wii remote cause that tablet just doesn't seem too comfortable to play for a while. Online also needs some fixing, but I don't use that anyway.

My theory on the price is that the console will be really cheap, like only a hundred dollars or something, but the controllers will also cost about 100 dollars. So getting the system and 2 controllers would be 300 dollars and that seems pretty fair. The 3DS should hopefully get a price cut by the time Wii U launches too.

Games wise, Luigi's Mansion 2 was a huge surprise and I know that I have to get a 3DS now for that. The rest of the 3DS lineup seemed great too. But why was there no word on any Wii games except for Zelda? No Pikmin 3 news makes me sad...
Guitar and video games.

KefkaticFanatic

Well that was awful.

3DS games: Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart look moderate

Wii-U (Wu):
Horrible name
Controller is a tablet except it's horribly thick, looks between 2-2.5 DVD cases
They claim it has PS3 quality graphics (based on prerendered demo trailer)
3rd party games: Assassin's Creed, Batman Arkham City
No Bethesda, Epic, Valve, any other srs hardcore studios
All 3rd party demos show maybe 360 level graphics
All of the concepts for Wu gameplay show that there will be only one giant controller and other plays use wiimotes (5 player possible)
Wu controller is horribly ugly btw
There are only 8 tech demos for Wu at E3, no games and Nintendo had no actual games to confirm besides New Super Mario Bros Mii (replaces toads with Miis)
EA guy mentioned a solid online experience, however no talk of online from Nintendo AT ALL

No Pikmin 3, Kirby, new Star Fox
Cross platform Smash bros announced, but nothing of it

So yea, Nintendo I am freaking disappoint. At least you have some 3rd party support but all the devs listed were gimmick devs (EA sports, Ubi), though you did get confirmed Batman and Assassin's.

me irl
[close]

Sekter77

They probably didn't show a whole lot of games or features because the thing won't even be released until late next year. They'll probably get more stuff to show at next year's E3.
The games they did push were all for the 3DS. Though nothing was really amazing, it was more than enough to get me to want to buy one.
I won't pass judgement on the controller until I actually get my own hands on it. And maybe look around at other websites to see if their hands-on experience was really uncomfortable, cause I would bet that Nintendo spent a lot of time testing out the ergonomics of this thing and wouldn't just rush out the first prototype.
All of the concepts are just concepts and there's probably a huge variety of play styles that can be utilized besides the ones demonstrated.
And on graphics, again, there's over a year to wait and that time could give these games even more polish, and people will keep pushing the graphics all through the life cycle of the system, so we'll get graphics better than the 360 and PS3 in time. And the fact that there is finally a 1080p HD console, regardless of whether or not it's late is pretty interesting news.

Basically all the complaints I've read around the internet are based off of a lack of knowledge about the system or footage that is being released over a year before we'll get to play any of the games. There's plenty of time for questions and concerns to be adressed. Actually, there's still the developers roundtables that haven't happened yet. I bet we'll get more information then too.
Guitar and video games.

SlowPokemon

Wtf you guys. Paper Mario, animal crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart, and a Super Mario game. All looking completely epic in my opinion. my complaint: Wii-U looks meh and the excitement was too centered on 3DS.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SuperFireKirby

no kirby? well this was a disappointment

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

There were some good title offerings. I still wanna hear about SS, maybe ill ask on Thursday. I am finally glad to see solid third party titles, hopefully there will be more awesome titles in the future.

Wii U is a horrible name, but I guess Nintendo wants to stick with their shitty nomenclature of their systems.
I do like the controller idea, but that thing is fat and will probably be heavy. It totally needs to be refined further, but I do like the fact I can play console games on it sans TV.

I will end up buying the 3DS, when the 2nd version comes out with better features (or there's a price discount)... and after I get a car. Thank God I have a job for the summer!

Shadoninja

lego city stories looks like grand theft auto: lego.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Sekter77

There's a few games on the Nintendo E3 homepage that weren't talked about at the conference including the two Kirby games we know about right now. Right here.
Guitar and video games.

HugoMeister

Yeah the website is where all the goods are. Trailers and screenshots for everything, like Skyward Sword and Kirby Wii.

Edit: The Japanese site is so much better.

Here's zelda, you can navigate your way around from here

Edit 2:

Quote from: Dude on May 17, 2011, 01:35:20 PMIf LoZ:SS has those skulltula things, I'm giving up on that series. Seriously. I can't even beat the first dungeon in TP because of those.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Dude

Fuck it. Nintendo isn't getting any more money from me for games. From now on, I'm pirating all the games I want.

Fuck you Nintendo.

And about the name:

SuperFireKirby

My disappointment is mostly gone. Kirby Wii looks AMAZING. 4-player co-op, new powers I've never seens before along with new enemies and bosses. And looking at some of the more over the top powers in the trailer, it looks like they're bringing power combining back from Kirby 64 which would be awesome. HAL, you never disappoint me. :)

Also, SS trailer is giving me more excitement for the game than I had before.

I pretty much got everything I wanted out of nintendo since I really couldn't care less about the Wii U or the 3DS. Except for Pikimin 3. :-\

But they're bringing Rhythm Heaven to Wii which is pretty awesome, because the DS one was really neat.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Luigi's Mansion is being developed by the studio that did Punch Out for the Wii.  Now I'm unsure about it :\
At least Mario Kart 3DS is being partially done by Retro.  They do a good job.

me irl
[close]