What is your favourite Mario & Luigi RPG game?

Started by fingerz, May 04, 2011, 04:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which game do you like the most?

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
10 (62.5%)
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
6 (37.5%)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

fingerz

Hi everyone! Thought I'd make this as my first poll, so here it is!
Which game from the Mario & Luigi RPG series did you like the best? What are your reasons? The most memorable part for you?
Everyone has 2 votes, so if you like more than one game you can vote for that too. Let your heart out here!

My favourite would have to be Superstar Saga. It was the first game I played and I loved everything about it: tough bosses, switching between Mario and Luigi and everything about it was funny. The music was excellent too! :D

Also, does anyone have any discussion about a 4th one? Any ideas? Any hints AlphDream has left behind in the other games?
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

I put this poll in my Mario Polls topic a while ago... I guess I can answer anyway.

My favorite is probably Bowser's Inside Story, very close second with Partners in Time.

The best thing from the game: playing as Bowser. I loved his egotistical nature and it was an interesting change, Mario and Luigi were almost secondary characters. Also Fawful rocks. :3 "Such excitement, like a pie full of wow!"
It also had the best music from the three games, Bowser's Theme being very cool (in a different way than the Partners in Time Bowser's Theme was awesome) and the Boss Battle, Final Battle, and Giant Bowser Battle being fantastic.

Partners in Time, I LOVED the Shroobs. It was my first game of the three and it was just ridiculously bizarre to have these purple mushroom aliens stalking the Toads and destroying the kingdom. I also loved the darkness of that game...it was quite unnerving.

Superstar Saga was my last game of the three, having been played only about ten months to a year ago, and while I love that game to death, it was my least favorite of them. It had a great story and all, but after playing the clean games from the DS, the GBA was a step backward, music wise and gameplay wise.

Best thing about the series overall: The unapologetic ridiculousness and silliness of the plots. These games all had memorable scenes which had me quite literally shaking with laughter. Most notable scenes for this:
Superstar Saga--Luigi in the dress. It was just so ridiculously funny... after Cackletta asks Fawful, "did you see that?" he's like, "YES. MUSTACHE." Plus Fawful's classic line "mustard of doom" and all that nonsense.

Partners in Time--In the Koopaseum after Princess Shroob gives her speech and Luigi goes flying into the air, and enters on the Shrooboid Brat's lollipop... xD SOO HILARIOUS. Also, Luigi's audio line, "BABIES!!!!" got me every time.

Bowser's Inside Story--Fawful, Midbus, and Bowser's scenes were all great (Bowser's "I live here too, your Royal Genius!", for instance), but when it came down to it, the funnies guys were the three minions who avoided Fawful's control: Private Goomp, Corporal Paraplonk, and Sergeant Guy. They had me in hysterics every time they came into the story.

I also love how the story goes on and on, yet still always manages to tie up any loose ends.

Worst thing by far: ALL THE FREAKING BATTLES YOU NEED TO DO

Great games.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sekter77

I've played all three but only beaten the DS games, so I voted for them. I remember not liking Superstar Saga that much anyway. I honestly cannot decide which one I liked better. They both were truly hysterical, had some really memorable gameplay. The areas you visited and characters you interacted with were really fantastic to experience. They're some of the funnest games I've played in a while and both have equal pros and cons thus tying them in my mind.
Guitar and video games.

Roz~

Superstar Saga/ Partners in time. Didn't like Bowser's Inside Story that much tbh.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

fabbemannen

To be honest I've only played a little bit in the beginning of SS ::)
But I really like the music in ss, so I voted for that one

Greg

I just really like the PIT music, and it's the only one I have, so I voted for it.  :P

SlowPokemon

Also, replaying Partners in Time right now, I am pretty far into the Shroobs' Castle. Game is very fun. I will have to replay BIS or SS after this.

fingerz

I loved how easy it is to train up in PiT. I made it to Lv. 100 with all babies/bros very quickly.
I'm now training up in SS and both bros are Lv. 49.
BIS is impossible to train up in. You need an extra 2,000,000 points to make it to Lv. 100 compared to PiT. XD
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

In BIS I got to Lv40 with the Bros and am Lv30-something with Bowser... I don't know that I want to train anymore. xD

And PIT was amazing on my replay...the credits are so dark, I love the art and the music.

Taser9090

I didn't like PiT very much, but it was still fun nonetheless.

My favorite is SuperStar Saga. I remember trying to collect as much coins everyday, even though I beat the game already. I wish I learned about Animal Crossing before doing this. Collecting money once you beat the game is completely a waste of time.

Bowser's Inside Story was really fun, but it felt strange being inside a bunch of organs most of the time. I also thought it was weird how you use pipes to get out of Bowser :\

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

fingerz

Yes, suspense of disbelief is needed at that point. I came up with another use for those pipes which I'm not willing to share... :P

SlowPokemon

fingerz

Imagine using pipes for sex. You get the idea.

Winter