News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Is the Nintendo 3DS Worth it?

Started by Ragster2448, April 30, 2011, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is the Nintendo 3DS Worth Trading in a DSi XL for?

Yes
10 (62.5%)
No
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

fabbemannen

I play a lot on my phone and it only got 3 hours of battery, what's the problem? 3-4 hours is enough in my opinion

Olimar12345

Nope nothing else really, but still wait for the update coming late may-theres gonna be a shitload a new stuff. Right now, for example, there's a button for the internet browser that doesnt even exsist yet. Clicking it only brings up a message that says "this feature will come with an update".
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

Quote from: Ragster2448 on May 02, 2011, 12:04:33 PMOK, so I see that this is mostly about it's battery life. Is that the only thing bad on it? I mean, having no games on it can easily change, because they are probably going to make a whole lot more soon to come. So let's just say it has an average battery life (hypothetically), is all the other stuff worth buying? It's not like I'm on it every day all day.
The games currently are REALLY shitty. The only epic game coming out is OoT 3D on June 19th.

I am, however, going to wait for the 2nd gen one... if that. It all depends if I depart video games for a while. who knows?

DrP

KefkaticFanatic

Yea that's basically exactly everything I've said.  Any goddamn reasonable person would see that there are flaws, half of you just have to be fool fanboys :|

me irl
[close]

DrP

Unless the specs are semi appealing for the price, there's no way I'd buy it.

If the 3DS was $150, it might pop into the maybe radar.

I usually buy things to upgrade, like my next phone will have a dual-core processor, more than 8 GB of HD space, maybe 1 GB of RAM (if that exists)... the technology sucks... and really, gyroscope AND an analog stick (PICK ONE NINTENDO!)

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

KefkaticFanatic

The problem is that motion controls don't work at all with the narrow viewing angle.  Just tilting the screen a little can totally throw off the 3D, and it really is just a shame to have to turn it off because it doesn't work properly.  Plus if you try to play while in a moving vehicle, or at least in a subway or bus, the shaking makes it incredibly straining to get the 3D effect right.

The tech just doesn't feel ready.

me irl
[close]

Raymondbl

yeah, that's why it's better as a home system rather than portable device.  But I was just pointing out the battery life isn't bad  :)
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Olimar12345

Quote from: destructoidOriginally scheduled for launch some time this month, Nintendo has pushed back the already late release (because it should've been ready when the damn system was out) of the 3DS eShop until June. According to the company, North America will get it June 6, and Japan will get it June 7.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jub3r7

North America before Japan? well that's new.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

North America (meaning the US) has a much larger consumer base than Japan, not to mention they can capitalize here, while Japan is still picking up the pieces

SuperFireKirby

What game is that talking aboot?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Olimar12345

fingerz

Give the 3DS some time. It'll improve. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn