News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Is the Nintendo 3DS Worth it?

Started by Ragster2448, April 30, 2011, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is the Nintendo 3DS Worth Trading in a DSi XL for?

Yes
10 (62.5%)
No
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Winter

Quote from: Raymondbl on May 01, 2011, 09:18:56 AMWhat?  3 - 8 hours and you call that horrendous?  My laptop's battery life is 10 minutes!  and my old DS's battery life was 1 hour!

Yep. Not everything is perfect, like I'd assume is the case in Kefka's world of electronics.

My DSi's battery life is about 15 mins. ON THE CHARGER

Olimar12345

Quote from: Roz~ on May 01, 2011, 08:31:51 AMHe was talking about the 3DS.
yes, so was i.
Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 01, 2011, 09:12:07 AM3-8 hours of battery life is horrendous, perhaps you don't realise it because that's all you're used to.  I could play DS games on an emulator on my phone for longer.  Even the freaking PSP has a better battery, and it was bashed for having low battery life when it came out.

Plus, that count is incredibly generous.  Once 3DS games actually start coming out, you'll only be getting around 3-4 hours of life playing them.
well who tha hell would have the time to play for 8 hours straight anyway? if u say "Well, i do!" then u need:
-sleep
-a job
-friends
-a life, usually generated by the first 3.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

fabbemannen

If you can't afford it without trading in another console, you shouldn't get it.
Save money for one of the newer versions instead

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Raymondbl

Quote from: Jub3r7 on May 01, 2011, 01:11:56 PMwat
1. lithium ion 6 cell.

2. computer really slow. 

3. lasts about 2 minutes on high performance, which is not that high at all.

4. lasts 10 minutes on power-saver, which makes it lag like black ops on a netbook.

5. it originally cost $1000. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

KefkaticFanatic

You don't understand the point of a long battery life.  Perhaps you are away from a charger for a long period of time, or would like to not be rushing to the charger after using it for a day.  It's simply poor design to be unable to accommodate a better battery, or not properly balancing the hardware with the power cost.

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

just charge it at night and close it when ur not using it and you'll be fine.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

^exactly. I don't know why Kefka is so set on believing that the 3DS is so horrible.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

I never said that.  I'm just pointing out it's a rather large downside.  There's a reason literally every review by a legitimate source cites that as a negative aspect.  If you would just stop being fanboys for 20 seconds you would realise that not everything about the thing is godly.

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 01, 2011, 09:13:29 PMI never said that.  I'm just pointing out it's a rather large downside.  There's a reason literally every review by a legitimate source cites that as a negative aspect.  If you would just stop being fanboys for 20 seconds you would realise that not everything about the thing is godly.
ok, but theres a problem: U DONT OWN A 3DS=therefore U DONT KNOW THE BATTERY LIFE 1st HAND. so stop being an anti-fanboy and give it a chance.

DrP

Here are some examples of reviewers who say of poor battery life

CNET
Engadget
IGN
Slashgear

They all say 3-5 hours... maybe you guys find ways to prolong battery life. Hell, my old cellphone has better battery life at 8 hours on average -- fucking "4G" and massive screen size make it shitty -- wp7 fixed that for me!

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: olimar12345 on May 01, 2011, 10:39:30 PMok, but theres a problem: U DONT OWN A 3DS=therefore U DONT KNOW THE BATTERY LIFE 1st HAND. so stop being an anti-fanboy and give it a chance.

My brother has one.

Really, you sound like a child whenever you post.

me irl
[close]

Raymondbl

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 02, 2011, 12:45:10 AMMy brother has one.

Really, you sound like a child whenever you post.

What, the bad grammar?  Some people just don't type fast. 

You play a portable device for 3-5 hours straight in one day?  I mean, DS's aren't meant for hardcore gaming. But yeah, a 5 - 8 hour battery life would be great,  but what do you expect out of such a resource-intensive portable system?  I'm sure the future upgrades will be better. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Olimar12345

Ragster2448

OK, so I see that this is mostly about it's battery life. Is that the only thing bad on it? I mean, having no games on it can easily change, because they are probably going to make a whole lot more soon to come. So let's just say it has an average battery life (hypothetically), is all the other stuff worth buying? It's not like I'm on it every day all day.