News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Is the Nintendo 3DS Worth it?

Started by Ragster2448, April 30, 2011, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is the Nintendo 3DS Worth Trading in a DSi XL for?

Yes
10 (62.5%)
No
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Ragster2448

Hey, so I was wondering... Would you recommend me trading in my Nintendo DSi XL for a 3DS? I've looked up some about it and I've heard that it has some positives and negatives. I know that I don't have to pay as much for it if I turn in my XL, so... Would you advise it?

Raymondbl

Personally I've never ever had a DSi, 3DS, Wii, or any of those gaming systems.  Other people might have different views than me,  but if you're perfectly happy with your DSi, don't trade it in.  Wait until the games on your DSi start getting old, and there are tons of better ones on the 3DS (and possibly an upgrade to the 3DS).  However, if you're feeling your DSi is slipping and is starting not to do its job properly, then get the 3DS.  I think the 3D is a nice addition and very appealing, however not worth it at the moment because of the limited number of good games. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Ragster2448

Quote from: Raymondbl on April 30, 2011, 10:41:57 AMPersonally I've never ever had a DSi, 3DS, Wii, or any of those gaming systems.  Other people might have different views than me,  but if you're perfectly happy with your DSi, don't trade it in.  Wait until the games on your DSi start getting old, and there are tons of better ones on the 3DS (and possibly an upgrade to the 3DS).  However, if you're feeling your DSi is slipping and is starting not to do its job properly, then get the 3DS.  I think the 3D is a nice addition and very appealing, however not worth it at the moment because of the limited number of good games. 

That's probably a good idea, maybe I should wait to see what other surprises it brings.

Olimar12345

wait for the update in may. then u will NEED one.  :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

I have a DSi XL right now... and I really don't want to give up the large screen size and everything for something with smaller screens and shitty battery life, however, I may buy one on my birthday and sell it... it depends and everything and how much money I get from my new job and if I have a job this summer.

But I may ditch my second FatDS instead... Ill figure it out after finals

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Ragster2448 on April 30, 2011, 10:07:34 AMHey, so I was wondering... Would you recommend me trading in my Nintendo DSi XL for a 3DS? I've looked up some about it and I've heard that it has some positives and negatives. I know that I don't have to pay as much for it if I turn in my XL, so... Would you advise it?

I would definitely trade your DSi XL for one, while they still have the deal. Seriously, a hundred dollars off makes it somewhat reasonable. Then you can use the money you saved to buy good games when they come out...I wouldn't really waste money on any of the games they have now, unless you like Nintendogs :D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Quote from: drpamplemousse on April 30, 2011, 11:44:52 AMI have a DSi XL right now... and I really don't want to give up the large screen size and everything for something with smaller screens and shitty battery life,

i dont get it... mine hasnt ever ran out of battery power, and i use it all the time....
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jub3r7

I think I've said this before, but Kid Icarus looks like a decent game.

Well, for those of you who have it, is it a decent game?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Sekter77

Kid Icarus isn't out yet I thought.
Personally, I'd wait until better games are released, but if you're going to get $100 off, that's a pretty good deal. Nintendo won't drop the price for a while so getting it for cheap while you can seems like a good idea. Basically, if you can get it now and then wait a month or two when better games come out, that would probably be your best bet.
Guitar and video games.

Ragster2448

I'll add a poll. Maybe that will be easier, but it looks like more people suggest it.

Roz~

Quote from: olimar12345 on April 30, 2011, 10:54:16 PMi dont get it... mine hasnt ever ran out of battery power, and i use it all the time....

He was talking about the 3DS.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

KefkaticFanatic

No.  And never do any of the bullshit Gamestop "deals".  You can sell it on Amazon for much more: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002I0GU2M/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1304265752&sr=8-2&condition=used

There are no games for it right now, and there won't be until at least holiday season this year.  All you would be doing is playing DS games on it.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on May 01, 2011, 08:31:51 AMHe was talking about the 3DS.

Yes. So is Olimar. Battery life is not that bad. I keep brightness at 3/5 and turn Power Save Mode on. Never even goes to red when I play it for a few hours.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

3-8 hours of battery life is horrendous, perhaps you don't realise it because that's all you're used to.  I could play DS games on an emulator on my phone for longer.  Even the freaking PSP has a better battery, and it was bashed for having low battery life when it came out.

Plus, that count is incredibly generous.  Once 3DS games actually start coming out, you'll only be getting around 3-4 hours of life playing them.

me irl
[close]

Raymondbl

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 01, 2011, 09:12:07 AM3-8 hours of battery life is horrendous, perhaps you don't realise it because that's all you're used to.  I could play DS games on an emulator on my phone for longer.  Even the freaking PSP has a better battery, and it was bashed for having low battery life when it came out.
What?  3 - 8 hours and you call that horrendous?  My laptop's battery life is 10 minutes!  and my old DS's battery life was 1 hour!
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.