News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The Epics of Nintendo

Started by Ragster2448, April 28, 2011, 06:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

SlowPokemon

I laughed out loud at several parts, particularly Fingerz' introduction and my perspective.

My personality--I'm not stupid, just unreliable. Also my Spinda isn't good...I just insist that he is. Nobody else agrees xD

I really like this. You have really got the art of storytelling down...I just hope you manage to finish this. Don't rush through it like I did with The Will To Go On though...I was really anxious to write the last few chapters so I kinda sped through some important stuff.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Quote from: Jub3r7 on April 28, 2011, 10:11:22 PMName: Jerry.
Side: Peach. Usually.
Personality: Tries to work alone but enjoys helping others, no matter which side they are on.
Species: Human
Profession: Fire Emblem related?
Also, my character usually fights with a wooden staff although doesn't mind fighting with other items that resemble staves, such as pvc pipes.
Even though he can sometimes zone off a bit, it's difficult to sneak up on him.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Jub3r7

And this story is already enjoyable for the first chapter.

Quote from: Jub3r7 on April 28, 2011, 10:11:22 PMName: Jerry.
Side: Peach. Usually.
Personality: Tries to work alone but enjoys helping others, no matter which side they are on.
Species: Human
Profession: Fire Emblem related?
I forgot to mention that "helping others" includes sparring with them (to help them train.) :3
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ragster2448

It's been quite a long time, hasn't it? Sorry, just got out of the whole writing stories thing. Well, I'm back! The story was almost finished when I stopped, so I thought, why not just finish it up? This chapter is mostly giving background on the characters. In the next chapters, I'll go into detail about the Bowser sided people. So, here it is! Chapter 2 of the Epics of Nintendo. Hope you like it.

---Chapter 2---

I stood there. That's all I did. Just stood there. Bored. Tired. Well, I really don't have anything else better to do. I mean, someone has to do the boring stuff, am I right? It has been almost four hours of endless patrol, walking from one side of the castle to another... Well, at least my break is in two min- Wait, what?! Aw crud, this paper says two hours! Well, there goes my luck. Hmm... I wonder how Slow is doing? I haven't seen him for a while now... He better not be sleeping again! JFK will have his head if he's caught snoozing on the job. Oh wait, there he is. Aw man. He's got his Spinda, too.
   "Hey, what's happenin' Ray! Finally, I got JFK's permission to bring Spinda with me to work! No more havin' to carry around that spear anymore," he tells me. I look down next to him to see his Spinda looking like he just chugged down ten gallons of rum.
   "How is he doing? I haven't seen him in quite a while."
   "Well, training wise, he has really improved! I think he could take on any intruder to step foot in the castle!"
   "Spin, Spinda!" Spinda shouts in unison, while falling over to take a nap.
   "Like trainer like Pokemon, I suppose. I'll see you later, Slow." I reply back, walking away and back down the hallway.
   "Ya, see you lat- Wait, what's that supposed to mean?"
   "Bye!" I shout, walking out into the distance.
   "Hmm... Come on Spinda, I don't think JFK will mind us taking a quick break!" I heard Slow say dimly down the hallway. Oh, man... He will never change.

We were all sitting in the waiting room; waiting, of course. Fingerz had fell asleep in his chair, Jerry was just sitting there staring off into space, and... Hmm... That's strange, where's-
   "Guys! Guys! Where's the general?" Ragster runs in and asks.
   "He's in the meeting room. Why do you think we're sitting here waiting?" I respond.
   "Ugh... Well, i-it's not that serious, I guess." He says, sitting down, fidgeting his thumbs. Hmm... What's the rush for? We're waiting for the same thing as him; to finally be placed in the toad army, and to finally fight.
   "So, how'd you guys end up being here?" Jerry asks, breaking the silence.
   "Well, if you must now," I reply, "my adventure started back when only the Kanto region was known of. I remember when I found my first Pokemon: Abra. Man, was he a tough one. Kept teleporting everywhere, and I never even thought that I would catch him."
   "So how'd you catch him?" Fingerz asks, awaking from his sleep.
   "I figured out the patterns of his teleporting, and anticipated his every movement. I threw the Pokeball at a spot that he should of teleported to if the pattern was right, and I was right. The Pokeball hit him right on his head, and he was finally mine. Ever since that day, we started traveling everywhere. Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, all of them. Through time, he evolved into Kadabra, then finally into Alakazam. We were just looking for a great challenge, so we decided to join the army. Hopefully I won't regret that decision."
   "That's pretty cool!" Jerry adds.
   "Well, if you want to know where I came from," Fingerz says, "It all started on that dark, stormy, April night. I was traveling the daily route to send out mail to villagers, when I stumbled across a strange, robed man. I accidentally bumped into him, making him drop the box that was held in his hand. I picked it up for him and apologized, but then he just runs off without a word spoken! The day after that, another shady man happened to run across me. He was acting like the world was going to end, I'll tell ya! He told me to follow him, but it wasn't really a choice, considering he grabbed my arm and started dragging me across the road. I asked for his name, and he yelled out to the top of his lungs, "I am Gagolia Hursanchopomarniack!"
   "Hursanwhoflomaniac?" Ragster says, trying to understand if he had heard him right.
   "No, Hur-san-chop-o-marn-i-ack! When he took me back to his palace, he told me about what was going on. That strange robed man that I saw the other day wasn't carrying any ordinary box, it was a key. A key to a door that held the most feared beast in the nation; Galvisorous Tectorion, who was a giant underwater sea dragon. He told me that my father was a great ninja fighter, so began training me for the terrors soon to come. I learned how to weild any weapon and use them properly, but I also was trained in hand to hand combat. He put me through some rough trials, and some of the most dangerous. I remember once, I battled and defeated the great Fistakion Horasi with only a staff in my hand! But anyway, I was sent on the treacherous journey across the Rivers of Dark Magic, in-between the Valleys of the Great Spider King, and through the Marshes of Death to finally reach Tectorion. I saw the strange robed man in front of the giant door which held the beast. I tried to stop him, but it was already to late. He opened the door than disappeared, no trace what-so-ever. Behind the door and out of the the giant ocean of blue which held him intact, came Galvisorous Tectorion. I grabbed my sword and shield and prepared for the most ultimate of ultimate battles! The duel took over two hours before I became victor, slicing his head right off his neck. Man, was he ever a fierce challenge..." Everyone was silent for about five seconds before he continued yet again to wrap it up.
   "Today, we still are unaware of where the strange robed man went to, but I know that we will catch him. Two years after Tectorion's defeat, I decided to join the toad army to feel the thrill of fighting yet again. And so, here I am!" We all stared at Fingerz, not saying a word. I looked over at Jerry, and he looked at me. I saw on his a face a smirk arising, and so was one on mine. Me, Jerry and Ragster burst into laughter. Ha ha ha! What fool is he trying to trick?!
   "Uh... Why are we laughing?" Fingerz asks.
   "That was a real nice story you made up for us Fingerz! But seriously, how did you end up here?" Jerry replies back to his comment.
   "What? You don't believe me?"
   "Oh come on! That story is impossible to believe!" I respond.
   "It's true! All that's true! Aw, come on guys!"
   The laughter dims down a little bit after a while. Once Jerry cools down, he starts to answer his own question.
   "Where I come from is a small island not too far away from Hyrule. I grew up learning how to be a great fighter, training every day and night. I never knew that it would save my life." Ooh, I think, this sounds good.
   "It was midnight. I was out in our backyard training with my staff, when I heard what sounded like running in the bushes out in the front yard. When I went to check, there were two robbers stealing all of our food. I ran over there as fast as I could, trying to stop the robbers. When they saw me coming, they pulled out their staffs as well. But they weren't like mine, they were more like stakes, which kinda' scared me. But I didn't back down. We fought and fought until I knocked the stakes right out of their hands. I called for the night guards near the castle to take them away, and when they did, I felt a strong force inside my heart, a feeling that I should become a protector, a defender, a guardian. Once I heard about Bowser's uprising, I just had to join the toad army. I swear to defeat Bowser and save the Mushroom Kingdom from any harm."
   "It's nice to know that you fight for a good reason!" Ragster says.
   "Well? What about you?" I ask Ragster.
   "Me? My story isn't as interesting as all of yours..." Ragster says, pausing for about five seconds.
   "I'm waiting," I reply back, not caring of the comment made before.
   "Alright, fine. When I was living in Cianwood Town, I saw a live broadcast of Professor Birch on TV talking about the new discovery of Hoenn. Right then and there, I wanted to go there as soon as possible. Once I arrived at Hoenn on the S.S. Anne, I was seeing all different types of new Pokemon everywhere. It was like a totally new world. The only Pokemon I had with me at the time was Charizard, but unbeknownst to me, I'd leave that island with two Pokeballs strapped on my belt. When I reached Littleroot Town, I found Professor Birch himself. I ran up to him wanting to ask for an autograph, but then I realized that he was in a Pokemon battle. It was him and his Zigzagoon versus a wild Treecko. I heard him yelling all types of different commands, like 'Tackle!' and 'Dodge it!'. Of course, I didn't get in his way. I don't think he even realized that I was there he was so caught up in the fight. The battle went on and on for about five minutes, until it finished with the wild Treecko the victor. Once it had won, it jumped off into the woods. The look in his eyes told me that he meant business with that Treecko. Professor Birch introduced himself to me, and asked me to come back to his lab. Once I got there, he told me about how he's always been trying to catch that Treecko. Then, he actually asked me to help him catch it! I agreed obviously, who wouldn't? He gave me five Pokeballs to use, and so began my journey to find that wild Treecko. I started in the first route north of Littleroot Town, searching every single nook and cranny. Once I had reached Oldale Town, I was starting to think that Trecko could be 10 miles up the road already. I sat down outside the Pokecenter to take a rest, but then something caught my eye. There was something shuffling in the bush, so I got up and checked it out. When I peeked inside of the bush, the wild Treecko jumped out in front of me! I quickly drew my Pokeball, and threw out Charizard. I was thinking to myself, Alright, this is an overkill... But, when I ordered my Charizard to shoot out his Flamethrower, the Treecko just jumped out of the way! If I told Charizard to use wing attack, Treecko would just simply dodge it. I guess type advantage doesn't matter if you can't hit the target. Soon the Treecko turned from defense to offense. It was throwing pounds and tackles everywhere. My Charizard had the strength to handle the attacks, but if I didn't stop the Treecko soon, even Charizard could faint. once Treecko had tackled Charizard yet again, I had an idea. 'Grab it!' I yelled. Charizard took no hesitation in following my command. He quickly grabs the Treecko by the arm, and holds it up in front of his head. As the Treecko was trying to break free from the grapple, I quickly made my next move. 'Dragon Claw, go!' I shout. Charizard uses one Dragon Claw and it's all over. Treecko lands, and I quickly draw an empty Pokeball from my bag. I threw the ball at Treecko, and he was finally mine. I picked the ball up, feeling the most excited I have ever been, and ran back to give it to Professor Birch. Once I got there, he told me that I could keep it, and so I did. We have had so many adventures together since then, and we decided that joining the toad army would also be a great one."
   "Hmm, not bad, I suppose," I reply to the long, dragged out story. Soon later, we heard the door to the meeting room open, and the general walks out.
   "Hey! So, what's the news, general?" Jerry asks.
   "You guys are coming with me. Someone wants to see you."
   "Alright, who is it?" I soon ask later.
   "Mario."

TO BE CONTINUED

Greg

Yay, Mario.

Also yay, my perspective.

Also yay, pro story.

Continue.  :D

DrP

yes, moar!!!!

Needs moar bowser peoples in next chapters, cause that's the awesome side of the story! (I have a feeling there's a rift growing entre the peach and the bowser sides maintenant)

Ragster2448

I might of over-exaggerated Mario's voice just a little bit, but here it goes, Chapter 3:

---Chapter 3---

I steadily place my hand on the door, slowly opening it to reveal Bowser's throne room.
   "Sir? May I speak to you?" I say slowly.
   "Yes, what is it JFK?" I hear him say back in a low, cackling voice.
   "I am requesting a promotion."
   "A promotion, hmm?" He replies, pausing for a few seconds.
   "What makes you think that you earned it?"
   "Well," I respond, "First off, you give me an unreliable slacker as one of my troops, and second of all, my paycheck is as small as a Pikmin!" I don't know what I was getting into. No one ever speaks to Bowser this way. How will he react? Is he the quite and tense type? Or the yell-everything-bad-about-me-in-front-of-my-face type?
   "Mmm... I see..." He replies to my non-sense. Ah, the quite type. There was about 5 seconds of silence in the room.
   "Very well. I will double your paycheck." Wh-what? He agreed?!
   "Uh-h, thank you, s-sir!?"
   "You seem surprised. Now leave before I change my mind."
   "Ah-ahem. Yes sir." I walk out of the room, feeling good about myself. When I step back into the hallway, I find Slow and Ray standing next to the wall, whistling.
   "You guys weren't-"
   "No, uh-uh," Slow says, Ray knocking him in the shoulder afterwards.
   "Right. Get back to work, now! We got a shift to run, you know?"
   "Yes sir!" they both shout, walking back to their guard post. I walk back down the hallway, and try to hold back the smile raising on my face.

We all walk in with the general to see Mario and the rest of the counselors. The people that I recognized around the meeting table were Mario, Luigi, the Princess and Toadsworth. The others were just mostly toads.
   "Greetings, t'anks a'for a'coming!" Mario says to all of us.
   "Allow me to introduce all of us. Dis a'here is my lil' bro Wee'gee..."
   "Hi'ya!" Luigi replies.
   "...dis is a'Toadsworth..."
   "Hello! Hello!" Toadsworth responds.
   "...and last a'but a not a'least, Princess a'Peach!"
   "Nice to meet all of you," the princess replies.
   "Now then, allow a'me to explain what's a'goin' on a'here. You see, it all a'started..." I lose focus on what Mario is talking about and see DrP walking quickly down the hallway. He looked like he had just won a relay race. I did notice a Bob-omb strapped on to his belt, which was a little strange. All of a sudden, he stops, heads back the opposite way, then went straight into a different room. What's he doing? I think to myself.
   "...to the toad army. And you are?" Toadsworth asks while stepping in front of me.
   "Uh, uh... Fingerz! Yeah, Fingerz. Uh, could I be excused?"
   "Well what for? Don't you want to be part of the toad army?"
   "Yes sir, but it's just that... I... I have to use the bathroom!"
   "Oh, well, alright. You're excused." Toadsworth says, moving on to Jerry. I take off down the hallway and turn into the room where DrP entered. I saw a few chairs and bookshelves, but no DrP. Where'd he go? I then notice an air vent was open near the bottom of the back wall. What in the world is he thinking? Something strange is going on, and I'm about to find out what it is. I fall to the floor and crawl into the air vent.

It's a beautiful Thursday morning, and where am I at? Stuck in this small, cooped up jail known as Bowser's castle. It's not like I want to fight or anything, it's just that I could be doing something more calming and peaceful then this. For now, I'll just sit here and meditate...
   "Hey Ray!" Slow yells next to my ear.
   "Oh, hello Slow."
   "What'cha doin' just sitting here?"
   "Meditating," I respond, taking a deep breath in, then out.
   "Meditating? I thought that was for the psychic people?"
   "No, not really. Meditating is really just concentrating deeply while ignoring outside disturbances."
   "Uh, am I a disturbance?" Slow asks in unison. I just sit there for a few seconds, quiet.
   "Ray? Hey! You awake?" He says, then shrugs his shoulders and walk of. But before he could make it all the way down the hallway, JFK steps right in front of him.
   "You two. Over here. Now." I stand up, stretch out my arms, and start walking over to JFK.
   "Bowser wants a word with you two," he tells us.
   "B-Bowser?" Slow says, shaking to the knees.
   "What does he want with us?"
   "He did not inform me of the reason. Now then, off you go," he replies, then walks off. I look at Slow, who's still shaking like were standing next to the South Pole.
   "Did he seem... different, to you?" I ask Slow.
   "Different? Different..." he says, pauses, then looks down to the floor.
   "Not really! Well, let's go. Maybe it won't be too bad! Maybe he wants to give us a promotion!" He says, then starts dashing down the hallway. I start to walk behind Slow, hoping what he said was true.

When we arrive at Bowser's throne room, we both stop, our mouths gaping to the size of the door. I put my hand on the door and slowly begin opening it. I could feel my hand loosely falling off the door, as it swings open with more force than I originally applied. I then saw a koopa, standing in front of me holding a phone.
   "I'm sorry, but Bowser is currently running errands at the time," he says to us.
   "Wait, what? Errands? What kind of errands?" Slow asks.
   "I'm sorry, you'll have to come back later. He left for business, that is all he said."
   "Business?" I say, wondering what kind of business Bowser would have that he would not inform us of.
   "But he sent us down here to talk with us. He wouldn't just leave right after he made a conference," I reply.
   "He's not here at the moment. Nothing I can do can fix that. Now, have a nice day," he says, then closes the door.
   "What the hell? Is this some kind of prank?!" Slow yells.
   "Calm down, there's got to be a reason why he left in such a hurry," I respond, hoping to cool him down a bit. We both walk down the hallway, both wondering what the problem could be.
   "Well, he said it was business related, so maybe it had to do with the military supplies."
   "Whatever it is, it had better be more important than my promotion!"
   "We don't even know that we're getting a promotion, Slow." We both sit down at our guard posts, watching the goombas and the koopas rally up in the stronghold. Slow slowly falls asleep, while I just sit there. While concentrate, I think about how this all started. Mario. That jerk. He was the one who caused this. Opening fire on us like we were doing harm to them. We had never fought Mario in a few decades, and we thought that we'd have peace! But no, Mario and his army just had to attack. We will get them, I know it. We've been pushed around like a 6th grader walking in a stampede of 8th graders. Well that's no more. We will have our revenge.
   "You guys!" JFK yells, Slow jumping and falling to his face.
   "You were supposed to go see Bowser, didn't I tell you that?"
   "But he wasn't there!" Slow responds.
   "Wasn't there?"
   "Yes, his servant told us that he had ‘errands' to run," I reply back.
   "Errands? I was not informed of such. He always informs me of the going ons. He wouldn't just leave."
   "Well, he did." We all stand there, thinking what the heck was going on.
   "Sir! Sir!" A goomba yells, while running up to JFK.
   "What is it?" Slow responds.
   "I'm the sir here, you idiot!" JFK shouts.
   "Oh, sorry."
   "We have figured out what the issue is with Bowser!"
   "Ugh, finally. Well, what is it?"
   "It's something terrible. This could cost us the war."

TO BE CONTINUED

SlowPokemon

Shadoninja

any chance my character could be neutral to either side?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Ragster2448

Umm... Yeah, I could figure something out, as long as you tell me all the stuff I asked for in the first post.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 12, 2011, 12:26:16 PMany chance my character could be neutral to either side?

Lol Shado is always different xD

Greg

MaestroUGC

I normally don't read the stories here in the forums...but this is pretty good. Keep it up.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.