News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

What Is Your Favorite Video Game Music Composer?

Started by ASH501ST, April 26, 2011, 09:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mmella

-All pokemon composers who were involved with music from Gen I to III
-Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill 2 OST)
and
-Junko Tamiya (Sweet Home and other Capcom games)
I'm not a drummer.
I'm a Percussionist.

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=3241.0
I'm updating my Pokemon RSE orchestration here.

Sekter77

I only have a few I can come up with off the top of my head:
Koji Kondo
Kazumi Totaka (I love the Super Mario Land 2 soundtrack as you could probably tell)
Grant Kirkhope
Tomoya Tomita (In case anyone didn't know that I love the Kirby's Epic Yarn and Wario Land: Shake It! soundtracks)
Dave Wise (Just for Donkey Kong Country 2)

And those are all the composers that really come to mind. I probably missed some people or just don't realize how awesome they are yet.
Guitar and video games.

ASH501ST

Quote from: Mmella on April 28, 2011, 01:17:28 PM-All pokemon composers who were involved with music from Gen I to III

I think Junichi Masuda is the composer for the original red and blue (or red and green version if your from japan) and that is some really good music! ;)
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

ASH501ST

Quote from: fabbemannen on April 28, 2011, 12:18:13 PMWho's the composer of the Wild Arms soundtrack btw?

I think its Michiko Naruke except for the last game because she fell ill
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

ASH501ST

Per Audacia Ad Astra...

ASH501ST

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 28, 2011, 04:35:44 AMBowser's Inside Story is sooo much better though. :)

I can tell you like that game! haha

Ya know I was really excited for that game but I never got around to getting it but after reading your comment you made me wanna go right over to my gamestop and buy it! thats a good thing! haha ;)
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

SlowPokemon

Partners in Time was my first, then Bowser's Inside Story, then I had to pick up Superstar Saga. Bowser's Inside Story and Partners in Time were my favorites, but all three had moments when I literally laughed out loud. Especially Partners in Time with Luigi xD

Also don't double post, let alone quadruple post. Use the edit button.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ASH501ST

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 29, 2011, 01:36:43 PMAlso don't double post, let alone quadruple post. Use the edit button.

Yeah I know its bad to do that, I just wanted to reply to other peoples posts ;)
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

Cobraroll

^There's nothing wrong in replying to several other posts with just one of your own, you know  ;D No need to make a new post for each reply.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

ASH501ST

Quote from: Cobraroll on April 29, 2011, 02:01:25 PM^There's nothing wrong in replying to several other posts with just one of your own, you know  ;D No need to make a new post for each reply.

Thats true, I will keep that in mind ;)

I'm glad you keep me in check with all my posts, seriously ;)
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

SlowPokemon

It's cool, everyone does that when they're new. I didn't want to be all mean like Kefka was to me xD I didn't even know there WAS an edit button back then.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ASH501ST

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 29, 2011, 05:55:13 PMIt's cool, everyone does that when they're new. I didn't want to be all mean like Kefka was to me xD I didn't even know there WAS an edit button back then.

Hahahaha, thats really good to know man!  It makes me feel better ;)

I learn something new all the time ;)

I love this website by the way!
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

Greg

ASH501ST

Per Audacia Ad Astra...

Cobraroll

Quote from: ASH501ST on April 29, 2011, 04:48:02 PMI'm glad you keep me in check with all my posts, seriously ;)

Good to hear. I have plenty more!  ;D

For example, when replying to the post just above yours, no need to quote it. The "^" sign at the start of your reply works well enough. Likewise, "^^" for the post above the one above yours, and it can be stretched to "^^^" as well, but from there on, a quote works better.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.