News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

What Is Your Favorite Video Game Music Composer?

Started by ASH501ST, April 26, 2011, 09:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASH501ST

I have a few, Martin O'Donnall, Kazumi Totaka, Koji Kondo, thats just to name a few

HAY LISTEN!

OVER HERE!

You guys should all post a link to one of your favorite songs from the composers your listing.  There's no better way to talk about your favorite composer then my giving an example to why you love there music so much! ;) 
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

Fleetstar The Flygon

Koji Kondo.. Because hw's the only one I know. :P

Greg

ASH501ST

Quote from: Fleetstar The Flygon on April 27, 2011, 06:48:36 AMKoji Kondo.. Because hw's the only one I know. :P

Well, He's definitely one of the best! but you should check out some more! Martin O'Donnell has some amazing music check out this link for one of his songs http://youtu.be/b_2HdYRzr1M and this is one of my favorite ones http://youtu.be/VtC8ffxly5c and one last one you should check out http://youtu.be/wbkQ99OxQJU
I think its some pretty incredible music so you should check it out ;) 
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

ASH501ST

Quote from: gzgregory on April 27, 2011, 06:51:02 AMKondo and Shimomura.

ya know I don't think I have listened to much music by Shimomura she did the music to Mario RPG right?
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

SlowPokemon

Well, yes, but more importantly KINGDOM HEARTS MAN. That is what she's FAMOUS for! xD

Anyway my favorites are Jun'ichi Masuda, Go Ichinose, Shota Kageyama, Yoko Shimomura, and Mahito Yokota. They're all brilliant. Also the guy who did Professor Layton and Dark Cloud 2...Tomohito Nishiura?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Greg

ASH501ST

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 27, 2011, 05:05:20 PMWell, yes, but more importantly KINGDOM HEARTS MAN. That is what she's FAMOUS for! xD

Anyway my favorites are Jun'ichi Masuda, Go Ichinose, Shota Kageyama, Yoko Shimomura, and Mahito Yokota. They're all brilliant. Also the guy who did Professor Layton and Dark Cloud 2...Tomohito Nishiura?

haha yeah, I don't really play kingdom hearts but I know thats a popular game ;)

Of coarse the only thing I would know would be from a mario game haha
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

Greg

Same here. I love the Partners in Time soundtrack, and I intend to arrange some of it.  :D

ASH501ST

Quote from: gzgregory on April 27, 2011, 09:31:45 PMSame here. I love the Partners in Time soundtrack, and I intend to arrange some of it.  :D

Let me know when you get some arranged haha ;) It is indeed a good soundtrack
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

Brassman388

Nobuo Uematsu,
Kenji Yamamoto,
Koichi Sugiyama,
Akemi Kimura,
Dave Wise,
Hajime Hirasawa,
Hirakazu Ando,
Robin Beanland,
Setuo Yamamoto

annnnnnnnnnd

Yoshie Arakawa.

If I had to choose two it would be, without a doubt, Nobuo and Koichi.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: ASH501ST on April 27, 2011, 10:25:02 PMLet me know when you get some arranged haha ;) It is indeed a good soundtrack

Bowser's Inside Story is sooo much better though. :)

In Kingdom Hearts, Shimomura used all her creative juices at once. Mario and Luigi is a very silly game, but also a very dark one. She has music that reflects that.

For example.

The Boss Battle is just a very fast-paced song, very light and quick. Clash of the Titans, which plays when Bowser gets huge, and the DS turns sideways and stuff, is very dark and evil sounding. "Friends" is a silly little piano waltz that plays when you're talking to someone who mainly serves as comic relief (the examples I can think of are Broque Monsieur, the three minions who rescue the cannon, and the three moles who call everyone "bro"). Then you have evil pieces like Fawful's Castle, Dark Area and Bowser's Castle, and more of the lighthearted stuff with Blubble Lake, the Underwater theme, and Toad Town.

Some stuff is obviously intended to be a mixture of light and dark, and there you have Dimble Wood, Cavi Cape Cave and Plack Beach.

Fawful's Theme does a good job of being uneasily weird, although it is one of my less favorite ones.

The two normal battle themes. Mario and Luigi's battle theme, "Lets-a Go!", does a fantastic job of sounding playful and light; while Bowser's battle theme, "It's Showtime", sounds manic and dark.

The title song is a great song because it shows the overpowering message of the game: that good will always trump over evil. However, I especially love it because it sounds a little weird occasionally with diminished chords, showing the slightly off-kilter nature of the game.

Finally, the Final Battle theme. It's without a doubt the best song in the game. The dramatic beginning opens to a dangerous and almost sad chorus that perfectly illustrates the Dark Star Bowser fight. It's a great soundtrack.

Oddly enough, when it comes down to it my three favorite tracks are all battle themes, which is very strange for me:
1. Boss Battle
2. Clash of the Titans
3. Final Battle
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

GaryOak

Uematsu, Yuzo Koshiro, Junichi Masuda. First one is genius, second makes so touching music and the last one is nostalgicawesome.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

DrP

Koji Kondo FTW... he started everything

Junichi Masuda, Go Ichinose, Shota Kageyama, Mahito Yokota, Stewart Copeland, and some others.

fabbemannen

Koji Kondo (Mario, Zelda)
Nobuo Uematsu (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy)
David Wise (Donkey Kong Country)
Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Cross)
Robert A Allen (Jazz Jackrabbit)
Terry Scott Taylor (The Neverhood)

and some more...
I seriously love the Chrono Cross soundtrack <3
Who's the composer of the Wild Arms soundtrack btw?