News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

What Pieces Are You Learning Right Now?

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Night on Bald Mountain and Pictures at an Exhibiton by Modest Moussorgsky.

Both of which I am taking great liberties with, along with nearly everything else I learn.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SuperFireKirby

Is it just coincedence that his name is insanely close to Modest Mouse, or was someone along the lines just very clever one day and decide to put an O in his name so it almost spelled Mouse? Because his last name is actually Mussorgsky.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MaestroUGC

The name I learned was with the O, plus Russian names usually have multiple transliterations anyway.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

zezhyrule

More than I ever have before... 10 total actually. Of course I have until like next year to get them all polished but still it's a little overwhelming D:

Bach: P&F Dm WTC I
Beethoven: Piano Sonata in E 14/1 - omg I love this one so much~ and then I realized it was an 'easy' one ;__;
Chopin: Nocturne in Fm 55/1, Waltz in Am 34/2, Prelude in Ab 28/17 - The prelude is so amazing
Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 3  :o
Reinhold: Impromptu in C#m - bleh, not my choice
Scriabin: Prelude in F#m 11/8
Debussy: Prelude Book II No. 10 "Canope" - Love me some debussy~
Bartok: Piano Suite Op. 14 - was sprung upon me recently, hated it at first but now it's grown on me

My favorites from the above would probably be the Chopin Prelude (along with Nos. 11, 18, and 24, 17 is one of my favorites), the Liszt HR, and the Beethoven Sonata. I've never played so many amazing works all at once  :'(
"Music is the space between the notes" – Claude Debussy

fabbemannen

Quote from: zezhyrule on July 01, 2012, 11:28:26 AMMore than I ever have before... 10 total actually. Of course I have until like next year to get them all polished but still it's a little overwhelming D:
I sorted out some sheets I hadn't finished learning this month. The sheets got about a dm high :>
I don't feel like checking out all the unfinished songs I have laying around :X (I normally switch between songs)

ASH501ST

The most recent song I started playing would be Passacaglia by Bear McCreary. 
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

Jub3r7

Oh, nice to see you again after 6 months and negative 2 days. XD
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

FSM-Reapr

On free-time I'm currently learning Champion Cynthia Battle(D/P/Pl) theme on acoustic.

Pit0010

well well welllll right now I wanna learn the Mii channel for piano and violin desu!

also some professor layton arrangements from slowpokemon ;)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

JDMEK5

I'm currently working on Mozart's "Fantasia in D Minor".

(Mediocre performance..)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Yugi

I currantly Learning "Super Trooper" by abba on piano.

MasterProX

Currently learning the second movement, Waltz, from Tchaikovsky's Serenade for String Orchestra.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: zezhyrule on July 01, 2012, 11:28:26 AMMore than I ever have before... 10 total actually. Of course I have until like next year to get them all polished but still it's a little overwhelming D:

Bach: P&F Dm WTC I
Beethoven: Piano Sonata in E 14/1 - omg I love this one so much~ and then I realized it was an 'easy' one ;__;
Chopin: Nocturne in Fm 55/1, Waltz in Am 34/2, Prelude in Ab 28/17 - The prelude is so amazing
Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 3  :o
Reinhold: Impromptu in C#m - bleh, not my choice
Scriabin: Prelude in F#m 11/8
Debussy: Prelude Book II No. 10 "Canope" - Love me some debussy~
Bartok: Piano Suite Op. 14 - was sprung upon me recently, hated it at first but now it's grown on me

My favorites from the above would probably be the Chopin Prelude (along with Nos. 11, 18, and 24, 17 is one of my favorites), the Liszt HR, and the Beethoven Sonata. I've never played so many amazing works all at once  :'(

Wow... that's intense.

fabbemannen

I finished learning Clannad's ending team (Dango Daikazoku) 2 days ago and I'm still working on this
Anime-streak for me.
And now that Dusk finished the Eternal Sonata battle theme, I'll probably (try to) learn that too

electron2003

Learning two pieces below for a simple short recital:

Greg Maroney's Mountain Snow
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGzCRLJj4ak

and

And Lorie Line's arrangement of Con te partiró (Time to say goodbye)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKTEbu2pq4Y

Learning these two by ear.  Some of the sheet music copies out on the net were a bit off so I figured  I'd write out sheet music myself as I learn these two songs using Sibelius notation software.