News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: A# Minor on July 14, 2023, 12:45:36 PM(Besides my sig, of course!)
I feel honored. You could even say it really made mah day!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Tobbeh99

Just came back from a (smash)trip to the UK. I participated in fête 3, a smash tournament (down the south coast near a town called Rye). And it went really well! I both upsetted my seed and myself xD!

I placed 7th at HDR
and 13th at P+!

At P+ I completely crushed in pools. I was 3rd seed, and got 2nd in pools. With a score of 13-3. Having a clean 2-0 run until I faced the top seed, ¿Punch, to whom I lost to 2-1. I also dropped a game Aiika (the 2:nd seed) but I won the set 2-1. So very impressed myself.

By far my best placings in any smash tournament. So y, pretty astonishing, if I'd say!
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

Ooooo very cool, congratz! :o who do you main, again?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Tobbeh99

In p+ ROB.

Actually it was the first trying HDR. Pretty fun. I messed around with various characters like little mac, but in the end I stuck with my Ultimate mains - Cloud and Dark Pit.

I also did enter melee (in which I mostly play Marth and Falcon), but kind of skipped it. Focused more on P+
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Mr_Chicken

I bought ramen slides.
Finally Totk is out and we can put the koroks behind us. What? 900 more?!? Thanks Nintendo.

A# Minor

Oh... yum? What on earth is a ramen slide

Edit: I just realized that I missed like 6 comments... I guess I went blind yesterday, even with my +0.95 strength prescription glasses...
Also, the power is out, yay for cellular data.

yeyyy for three replies at once
@E. Gadd:

Glad to hear! It always feels great when you can play songs you couldn't play last month when your race times are improving when you can see your own progress. Also there are so many old topics like that one that I wish I could revive XD

@ThatHiddenCharacter (I finally wrote his full username!):

Your caption has also been saving me from changing my avatar and sig like every two days so thanks for keeping me recognizable lol
I will, however, continue to change my personal text until I find the perfect reference to use...

@Tobbeh99:

Wow, nice! I actually played SSBU a few times on my friend's switch and totally failed... then again, I used Rosalina (& Luma?) and I have no idea if she's (they're?) any good.
I beat my friend once by mashing buttons, but it's kinda weird to play a game without knowing what you're doing...
[close]
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Mr_Chicken

Slides with Ramen Noodles on them.
Finally Totk is out and we can put the koroks behind us. What? 900 more?!? Thanks Nintendo.

A# Minor

Quote from: Mr_Chicken on July 25, 2023, 10:19:03 AMSlides with Ramen Noodles on them.
Is it bad that I thought of someone sliding on a slide made of ramen?

Also, I won our video game character impression contest with my Rosalina impression. I got a bottle of water as a prize!
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Tobbeh99

Quote from: A# Minor on July 25, 2023, 03:07:07 PMIs it bad that I thought of someone sliding on a slide made of ramen?

Also, I won our video game character impression contest with my Rosalina impression. I got a bottle of water as a prize!

That's great. Then you could drink it up and then you got an "empty bottle". Which you could fill with all kind of great things like: fairies or healing potions. ^^

(Just had to go with that joke, when i saw "bottle of water" xD)

10/10 tobbeh

A# Minor

XD very true! That's funny

But does that also mean that LIGHTING TORCHES will use the magic I get from the potions?? :O

Edit: I got MuseScore 3 for our super old iMac yesterday! WOOHOO!! (And by super old, I mean Catalina.) I'm working on a 10-part SPM suite for a small band (it's a request) and so far it's turning out pretty well! I've done half of Merlee's Mansion and maybe like a quarter of Final Battle Medley (I can't do things in order, I just do whatever I feel like doing), and I have some ideas for what I want the rest of the suite to sound like. It's... gonna be a while...
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

The SPM suite sounds like a cool project! Best of luck on the rest of it :0

Made mah day: TWG!!!!!

EDIT to continue my thoughts: ugh, it's bringing back so many memories of the days I was actively posting here rather than just fighting bots. This is fantastic :) and also even better now bc I'm thinking about taking a long break from Discord
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

A# Minor

^ Seconded! I've always wanted to try it out!

RIP performance thread, you will be missed by no one

Edit because I'm blind: Thanks! I don't know if they're any good at all but I guess I have to start somewhere XD
Also if someone happens to have about 10 minutes to waste:
https://musescore.com/user/69531496/scores/11642335
https://musescore.com/user/69531496/scores/11653126
https://musescore.com/user/69531496/scores/11640655

Edit 2: So I was playing ALttP on my switch and I accidentally set my save file name to "A"... XD
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

SlowPokemon

Made my day to randomly log in to NSM and see this thread revived. I remember when ETFROXX started it way back in the day.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

E. Gadd Industries

:D I wanted to revive it to get some positivity back on the forums (as opposed to nothing whatsoever)

Made mah day: I bought two lamps for my home and it's so much better than the harsh ceiling lights. I'm using the momentum to also hang up the rest of my posters. Truly, this place is starting to feel more like a home than just an apartment. All that's left:
-Fairy lights
-Plants
-Maybe a rug bc it's all tile throughout
-More posters (at least two frames, one for one of my degrees bc I only have the other in a frame, and another for the Super Mario Galaxy 3D All-Stars poster since it kept breaking frames in my previous apartment)

EDIT: Update, one of the posters (my favorite, actually) just fell for the second time. Not fitting for this thread, but I'm kinda tired of having to use command strips to hang up things in frames when the frames are built such that the command strips are set into the back of the frame bc the whole thing is recessed. Guess I get to buy a different frame for this poster, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

A# Minor

Swim practice just started last night and band will be starting on Monday!! Yaaaaaay!!
By the way, we had to do some 50s of fly yesterday and I died
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]