News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

It will die halfway down
Try playing mafia with the entire bus-people
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 05, 2017, 02:17:28 PMWaiting for the buses to get here to take us to Algona for the Iowa All-Sate Large Group contest. Planning on playing Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World along the way. Should be a fun time. :)

I loooove that game tbh
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

LeviR.star

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 05, 2017, 04:08:36 PMIt will die halfway down

Played it to Algona, played it there, played it back. I've played hundreds of hours on my 3DS since 2013, and plug it in every night, even though I don't play it every day. By the time I made it home, it still had a blue light. It takes 50 minutes to get to Algona from my hometown. I've never gotten a new battery.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

cashwarrior1

I'm getting a new laptop today with my own hard-earned money (not really, my mom gave me 100$ when I first got a bank account and my grandma just gave me 1000$) so now I can have nice things! My old laptop has progressively gotten worse, I'm not able to update the browser which takes away some privileges (it also makes websites unusable), and recently it was crashing the instant I opened it. Anyways, now that I have my own laptop, I'm using it to make music and be able to download more up-to-date softwares, but I'm wondering if I should get minecraft, because I put a little bit of money into that game and I'd like to make use of that. My parents think minecraft broke the family computer, but the computer dude at the store said that the graphics card was bad anyways. The computer broke will I was online, too, my parents just think it was because I play the computer a lot and I play minecraft a lot. I don't think it was minecraft because we had that for two years before it "broke" the computer. My question is: should I get minecraft? It is my computer that I bought with my money, after all.

WaluigiTime64

It doesn't make too much sense that it would be Minecraft's fault. Any old graphics card eventually becomes too old. If you want Minecraft then go for it.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mikey

you could always get minecraft on a mobile device and save the space on your computer for real games *sick burn*
but whatever floats your boat
unmotivated

Zunawe

Minecraft definitely didn't break your computer. Trust me.

If you already had Minecraft, you can just download it again. It's tied to your account, not the computer you put it on.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

cashwarrior1

Okay, I'm just worried my dad's going to flip out when he sees me playing it.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 06, 2017, 01:25:23 PMOkay, I'm just worried my dad's going to flip out when he sees me playing it.
Well, that's his fault for being an unreasonable person, not yours.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

Today consisted of watching anime, playing 7 hours of Twilight Imperium, 2.5 more hours of board games, 3.5 hours of sm4sh, and then a 1 AM smash run.

Today was a good day.

edit: forgot to mention that Twilight Imperium is a board game, and we're not even 2/3 done yet.

Zunawe

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 06, 2017, 01:25:23 PMOkay, I'm just worried my dad's going to flip out when he sees me playing it.
If Minecraft is breaking your computer, so is anything that runs Java. You've probably found that Minecraft runs on Java (it runs as a .jar executable rather than a .exe executable). Java runs things on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). The JVM is basically a layer between your program and the computer. Your operating system tells the JVM when to run, and the JVM asks your operating system for resources. From there, your program (Minecraft) asks Java for resources and time to run. But because the only thing that runs on the JVM is compiled Java code, the JVM is really strict about making sure things work. If Minecraft accidentally tries to do dangerous stuff, the JVM slaps it and kills its execution. If the JVM does dangerous stuff, Oracle has a problem. If the JVM allows Minecraft to do dangerous stuff, it's because Minecraft specifically requested the ability to do dangerous stuff from the JVM, and the JVM did the same from your OS. And if that's the case, people would have yelled at the devs for doing dangerous stuff.

tl;dr The JVM is basically another OS running on top of your OS, which means a Java program (like Minecraft) has to do some tricksy stuff to be the sole reason for breaking your computer. If running Minecraft is dangerous, so is turning on any Android phone.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

cashwarrior1

Okay, that makes sense. I'm just gonna take the risk and put my money to use, thanks!

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 07, 2017, 03:57:40 AMput my money to use
I think we've been over this. If you had already purchased Minecraft, you don't need to pay again. You purchase the login, not the game. The game has a free download if you already bought a login.
Quote from: Zunawe on May 06, 2017, 10:33:45 AMIf you already had Minecraft, you can just download it again. It's tied to your account, not the computer you put it on.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Zunawe

He means he's going to risk running Minecraft and put to use the money he spent on his laptop.

I program things

LeviR.star

Alongside some medium awards, I got two major awards last night at my school's Speech and Drama Banquet: Most Dedicated Sophomore Thespian and Best Supporting Actor! I'm so happy! ;D
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements