News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 29, 2015, 09:00:56 PMOh also shit DrP that's awesome. As someone who potentially wants to work in Japan myself, I've definitely thought of what a difficult decision that would be (even if the possibility isn't as near-to-present for me).
I know. It's completely crazy because this just happened yesterday!! I have always wanted to work abroad in a long term assignment, but they don't want to go that route, so it's much harder to make a decision.

But I am putting tons of effort to make sure I come to a solid decision!

Hero of Trains

That's great Dr.P!

Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions was a lot of fun! A bunch of my friends were there, and I got a shirt! Also, I got over 100 StreetPasses. Wow.
People's etiquette wasn't too bad. There was always one person who yelled "Woohoo" or something when a new character or Pokemon appeared, but it was quiet enough when it counted, like during N's Farewell.

If you couldn't tell, I'm using more interjections to compensate for the current problems in the forum's layout.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Ruto

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 28, 2015, 07:05:34 PMRe pokemon concert:

The music isn't bad, it's mostly the crowd that's the problem.  All the bad stereotypes you can think of, and they don't understand classical music ettiquette.  An orchestra best projects its sound to a quiet audience. (of course dependent on the physical properties of the specific concert hall, but that's a separate matter) Big bands bring in their special recording equipment and walls of precisely oriented & calibrated speakers, thus allowing for the tomfoolery...

I felt bad for the guy that came in wearing a suit to enjoy the concert. People were screaming and even cosplaying. Huh. I thought the music was good, but not awesome. Junichi Masuda was awesome though. But I wish he conducted more than once!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Ruto on May 30, 2015, 09:56:30 AMPeople were screaming and even cosplaying.

Wait I'm confused
I understand the frustration with people screaming/otherwise being obnoxious during the performance, but like, how is cosplaying disrespectful or inappropriate in this scenario? This isn't the NY Phil, it's aimed toward video game lovers of all backgrounds, and I would hardly think of dress code as something important enough to transfer over

Jub3r7

She probably felt awkward for the guy in the suit because it wasn't that formal, as evidenced by the screaming and cosplaying.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

FierceDeity

Ah that makes more sense. I was interpreting it more in the "people are being so disrespectful" sense with which most people have been regarding the concert

FierceDeity

double post because relevant:

Just got drunk with a room full of RAs. 2 of which were on duty at the time. Life is funny.

DrP

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 30, 2015, 11:35:48 PMdouble post because relevant:

Just got drunk with a room full of RAs. 2 of which were on duty at the time. Life is funny.

Wow. That like NEVER happened with any of the RAs I knew. I only gave alcohol to my residents the week I turned 21 (which was pretty much the last week of school). What would they do? Fire me? With 2 weeks left?

FierceDeity

To be fair, I didn't actually live in their building :P I was friends with one of them, and just came over to chill, not realizing it'd be the entire residential staff of the building lol

ZeldaFan

So my sister got her mission call today
She's going to Pittsburgh, leaving for the MTC on Sep 23

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

mikey

you don't seem excited
unmotivated

ZeldaFan

Of course I'm excited for her!
I'm just not excited that my lil sis is leaving for 18 months...  :(

BTW Noc, I posted that the exact way that you post everything. I'm never able to read your emotion in your posts, just saying ::)

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

mikey

dang, you're right
The only difference is I try to type the way I say stuff
unmotivated

Dudeman

Monotonously and without punctuation?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated