Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

This just did

edit: And this

I guess I am amused to easily.

FierceDeity

Kefka, I'm interested to know what your specific field of study is. Also that's hella cool

KefkaticFanatic

So,  I'd you want to know about this stuff you should ask Jamaha, as he's far  beyond me in the realm of radio engineering.

I'm getting my BSEE and concentrating in digital signal processing (not what you saw), as an elective I'm taking the antenna design course in which we're designing some base station antenna to communicate in the Ku band with satellites.  Mostly I am doing it because I saw somebody at work doing antenna design and was like "DAMN I wanna do that" :P

We started off designing just one of those elements, and putting them together in an array allows us to get a more desirable gain (while adding a lot of complexity to other parts).  The specific geometry of the patch element with the two notches cut into it results in circular polarization due to a bunch of weird physics stuff that I'm still trying to understand.  I'm currently running a simulation for a larger, 19 element array (hex with 3 patches on each side), but it's about 8 hours away from being done ._.

me irl
[close]

Dude

BABY'S FIRST PERFECT

FierceDeity

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 20, 2015, 07:54:51 PMI'm getting my BSEE and concentrating in digital signal processing (not what you saw), as an elective I'm taking the antenna design course in which we're designing some base station antenna to communicate in the Ku band with satellites.  Mostly I am doing it because I saw somebody at work doing antenna design and was like "DAMN I wanna do that" :P

Oh, sick. That sounds like a shitload of work for something not in your major though haha, do you think it'll end up applying to your job?

Winter

Okay everybody I am more close to getting a decent job now than ever. 3 months ago I went in for an interview with Microsoft for manufacturing position that's less than 5 mins drive from my apartment. Currently I work at Taco Bell

My start date would be on the 26th

Realized I got a call back today when I checked my voice-mail, but I have all of tomorrow free so I should be able to get a hold of them. Everybody wish me luck cause Taco Bell sucks!

Olimar12345

Wow, that's amazing!  Good luck, winter!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 21, 2015, 03:00:41 PMOh, sick. That sounds like a shitload of work for something not in your major though haha, do you think it'll end up applying to your job?

It still is in my major, not my specific concentration :D

I'm being hired as a RF Engineer though (somehow), so at least some concepts will maybe (and hopefully) apply..!

me irl
[close]

Winter

Oh it appears I got the job

(internally screaming)

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Hero of Trains

Hooray! Great job! ;D
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Maelstrom

Quote from: Winter on May 22, 2015, 02:24:56 PMOh it appears I got the job

(internally screaming)
Doing what?

ZeldaFan

Yay congrats! That's always a great feeling, especially when it's something you want  :D

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

mikey

unmotivated

JDMEK5

Congrats Winter!  ;)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26