News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Iowa is a pretty big potato export
unmotivated

braix

I just realized that Arkansas is pronounced Arkensaw
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

I haven't had a "made mah day" in a looooong while....
This is awesome though.
Take a listen!

There is this famous person that I emailed on January 10th and didnt think he was gonna respond again. But today he replied...........GRANT KIRKHOPE!!!

Here is what I wrote:

"Just wanted to say how much I appreciate and love your music! Especially Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie! I've actually transcribed a lot of those songs onto piano for me to play. It's fun to play music I love on the piano :)
Hope you're doing well! I hope you continue to produce great music!

Good Day!"

And here is his response:

"Hey <My Name>!

Thanks for the kind words .... I really appreciate it!

I had tons of fun writing the music for those games back then and I really miss those days.

Thanks for taking the time to mail me.

Cheers,
Grant."

MADE MAH DAY!

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 27, 2015, 03:21:45 PMwow nice
Ikr? I was pretty happy! :)
Luckily, his email was on his site. I almost didn't email him 'cause I thought he wouldn't respond :P
Good thing I did!

K-NiGhT

Grant Kirkhope is an awesome dude. I wonder if we could get him to do an AMA here like we did with Chad York a while back.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 27, 2015, 02:52:33 PMIowa is a pretty big potato export
...no.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

KefkaticFanatic

Grant is super nice, he always seems to try replying back to messages and is very genuine.  He is really fun to follow on social media too :D

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

New Muse album. Apparently they're stripping away all the silly electronics and symphonics they've grown rather fond of. Which is good since Absolution is my fav Muse album. Yay <3

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 27, 2015, 03:16:06 PMPost

MADE MAH DAY!

Wow, that's actually really cool! What a chill guy he is for getting back to you!

Today I picked up two wave 3 amiibos early, so that kind of mmd :J
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 27, 2015, 06:27:34 PMNew Muse album. Apparently they're stripping away all the silly electronics and symphonics they've grown rather fond of. Which is good since Absolution is my fav Muse album. Yay <3

Oh good. I'm excited to hear it!

mikey

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 27, 2015, 06:40:26 PMWow, that's actually really cool! What a chill guy he is for getting back to you!

Today I picked up two wave 3 amiibos early, so that kind of mmd :J
speaking of them, which ones should I watch out for?
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 27, 2015, 06:40:26 PMWow, that's actually really cool! What a chill guy he is for getting back to you!
Ikr??
If I ever get famous (which btw is very very very very very slim), I"LL RESPOND TO EVERY ONE OF MY FANS :)

Nebbles

That is amazing he responded, damn! Now I wanna shoot him an email too lmao
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 27, 2015, 08:36:54 PMIkr??
If I ever get famous (which btw is very very very very very slim), I"LL RESPOND TO EVERY ONE OF MY FANS :)
Granted. You receive millions of letters every day.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Kirkhope is the man, and he does retweets all the time. Every now and then he'll spend a few hours just retweeting people who ask him, though I notice he tends to favor marathon streams, especially charity ones.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.