Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Sebastian

K-NiGhT

When did I say that? I love Bill Nye!
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Olimar12345

Just found out that I moved up a band this semester!  8) but even better news is that I am now the sole bass trombone in this ensemble-no more sharing parts! (lol, well this could be a mistake, seeing as how they put three in another ensemble, haha)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

GOIN TO PRAGUE, BITCHES

mikey

I just got this thing called a patriarchal blessing from my church, it's really cool and it made me feel great :D
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 23, 2015, 08:34:45 AMI just got this thing called a patriarchal blessing from my church, it's really cool and it made me feel great :D
huh?

ZeldaFan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 23, 2015, 08:34:45 AMI just got this thing called a patriarchal blessing from my church, it's really cool and it made me feel great :D
NO WAI :o I got mine when I was 17. What an amazing thing, huh?

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Sebastian

So you guys are Mormans/Lds?
How do you get that?

mikey

Quote from: ZeldaFan on January 23, 2015, 09:47:47 AMNO WAI :o I got mine when I was 17. What an amazing thing, huh?
Yeah!  My younger sister got hers as well and just sitting there listening to the patriarch...  It's an indescribable feeling.
unmotivated

Bespinben

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 23, 2015, 09:51:58 AMSo you guys are Mormans/Lds?
How do you get that?
Yup yup!

I'll see how best I can answer that question in a purely informative way. The idea of the practice of patriarchal blessings stems back to the scriptural account of Jacob/Israel giving each of his sons a blessing before he passed on (Genesis 48 & 49). When one joins the church (via baptism), he or she is considered to be "adopted" into the house of Israel, thus figuratively belonging to one of the twelve tribes of Israel (Romans 8:15-17). So, it follows that this pattern of giving blessings to the "children of Israel" (e.g. members of the church) would continue in the church today, because it was prophesied by Peter that all things would be restored in the last days (Acts 3:21).

That's what makes sense in my head anyway.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

ZeldaFan

It's definitely amazing. I gotta read mine again ha

That explains the history. This explains the process:
First of all you gotta be a member (if that wasn't obvious ::)), learn what the blessing is all about, get yourself worthy to receive it, then make an appointment with the patriarch. He does a short interview to be sure that you're worthy, then you get the blessing. The patriarch records himself giving you the blessing, then he transcribes it and sends it to you a couple weeks later.
We believe the blessing is direct revelation from God, given on a very personal and individual basis.

You are also LDS, Bespinben??

mikey

He came back from his mission a few months ago :D
which is why he gave the scripture references lol cause he's been doing it for years

My sister said she was a little bit jealous because mine had a little section involving music :P
unmotivated

ZeldaFan

Haha very cool :) I'm just glad there are other LDS members here

Xaoz

Yesterday I had my first cheatmeal of the year. It was a pizza. With Tuna. And I also payed 1€ less. Best day of the year so far.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b