News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: Dude on November 29, 2013, 04:16:26 PMomgomgomg

don't google this if you're under 18 or don't like hardcore yaoi
Priapus III is coming out soon... I think!!!!!!!
I. Am. So. Stoked.
[close]

Seriously, don't google it, I ended getting my browser hijacked. >_>
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Roz~

Quote from: DrP on November 30, 2013, 03:47:48 AMBlack Friday is one of my favorite days of the year (because of all the things I want that are REALLY REALLY on sale).

I have to say that having no money really helped curb what I bought (Game of Thrones Season 1 on DVD). Turns out I actually MADE money today.

I made an investment in Bitcoin at the end of October, investing $250 (knowing it would go up) -- and I sold the coin I bought for $1150. I know it's gonna go up further, but I need money now for bills and this new computer I'm gonna build (I am borrowing money so I can build the computer and then sell my Retina Macbook Pro)

I AM SO EXCITED I GET TO BUILD A COMPUTER... I've always wanted to do this!

I really should invest money in something so I can try and make money.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Ruto

Only if it's not too risky...

Saving money from work is one of the best ways, but I suppose that it's harder to do that these days because of crazy rent.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SuperFireKirby

I do wish I had cashed in on bitcoins a few months back, but I didn't even realize they were going to end up having any real worth.

DRP, tell me when the next money scheme comes around, I WANT IN.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on November 30, 2013, 10:04:33 PMI really should invest money in something so I can try and make money.
I would suggest Bitcoin (SFK wouldnt).

It's still on the up and up and you can invest small amounts (even $100) for a fraction of a coin and there are low transaction fees (lower than acquiring stock and other securities) and you don't pay taxes on any gains (though you can't deduct losses).

Plus there are other ways to acquire bitcoin like Mining (You have to have a newer computer (less than 2 yrs old) -- I can help with setting everything up) -- you don't have anything to lose, and if you have cheap/don't pay for power, its even better!

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 30, 2013, 11:27:32 PMI do wish I had cashed in on bitcoins a few months back, but I didn't even realize they were going to end up having any real worth.

DRP, tell me when the next money scheme comes around, I WANT IN.
Will do!

Roz~

Oh, so I could still invest in Bitcoins uh? Hmm I might just do that.
And I want in on the money making schemes too! :D
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on December 01, 2013, 01:25:45 PMOh, so I could still invest in Bitcoins uh? Hmm I might just do that.
And I want in on the money making schemes too! :D
Yep. Check out the Bitcoin thread I made... you can even make your own!

AND!!! I have a money making scheme in the works that involves bitcoin, but it probably wont come to fruition for another few weeks! So stay tuned!

EDIT: Bitcoin prices are dropping, so prepare for a decline over the next few days... then BUY BUY BUY!

Dude

Quote from: FireArrow on November 30, 2013, 08:37:33 PMSeriously, don't google it, I ended getting my browser hijacked. >_>
gj

Winter

Quote from: DrP on November 30, 2013, 03:47:48 AMI AM SO EXCITED I GET TO BUILD A COMPUTER... I've always wanted to do this!

If you need any help or suggestions, I do this all day long!

Ruto

I built one with Kefka on the phone. Lol it was pretty funny.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Quote from: Winter on December 01, 2013, 08:46:03 PMIf you need any help or suggestions, I do this all day long!
I wish I could do it all day long. It just costs alot.

But here's what I'm building.
Intel i5-4670K
ASUS Z7-EXPERT
16GB DDR3 1866 MHz (CAS Latency:9)
120 GB SSD
3 TB Segate Barracuda 6.0 Gb/s SATA
2 GB ATI 7870 (HIS IceQ -- I need a Mini DP)
750W PSU

Winter

I think it would be worth considering a 240GB SSD, you'll burn through a lot of the initial space pretty fast...

Also the 16GB of memory is not necessary  unless you know you're going to need it for something. I have 16 though and I use half of it as a RAM Disk that caches most of the activity on any drives in the system for extra speed.

Graphics card should be fine for most everything.

I imagine the processor is amazing, I run the 4770k, and it's awesome. What kind of cooling are you looking at?

DrP

Right, I forgot about that. I am using Liquid cooling (Corsair H55 I believe)

I'm only going to use the 120 GB as a Boot drive and system files and all that jazz (maybe even a few programs) All my documents, music, movies, programs, etc will be on the 3TB HDD. And in the future, if I need to upgrade, I can always get another SSD. My laptop has a 256 GB SSD and it doesnt have much to it. I will be running Windows 8.1, so it has better support for large drives and working in this environment (because I am not operating a RAID environment)

The 4770K is a bit out of my price range and there isn't much difference besides the extra threads, 2 MB more cache and a bit faster, but I've seen around that Haswell is easy to overclock and keep it stable (I've seen a 4670K at 4.3 GHz and stable).

Oh, and I'm using a Corsair 500R Case.

Winter

Haswell is a pain in the ass to overclock. It's going to hit a heat barrier much sooner due to Intel putting crappy thermal paste under the integrated heat spreader, so have fun. I got mine to about 4.3Ghz on air before I crashed the first time, but I wasn't really that serious about the overclock, I was just fiddling around with some settings since I just bought it.

You should be fine with that cooling. I personally prefer air cooling with a few huge 140mm's on it..

Sounds like your fine with that much drive space. and it really is fine as long as you know how to manage it. I basically moved my entire Users directory onto my 2TB drive to save system space.

Also at least for me, when emulating games/streaming games I do manage to actually use all 8 logical threads effectively. But I understand why you would pick the i5 for cost purposes.

Clanker37

I have no idea what you guys are on about.

My C in Computing has finally been justified.