News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Quote from: FluteNinja on May 18, 2012, 08:57:15 PMOk so we are in the band room at school and my teacher is talking and the loudspeaker comes on. "Alexander Coxx, please report to the front office."  Everyone bursts into laughter and another one of my band teacher (I have 4) gets mad and says,"Honestly guys, that's immature.  What was so funny about that?" My friend replies, "Because she said cocks!" (more laughter)
Where do you live? I don't know many bands that are working as late as it is here. At least, my first impression was that that was current.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FluteNinja

Quote from: Zunawe on May 18, 2012, 10:21:41 PMWhere do you live? I don't know many bands that are working as late as it is here. At least, my first impression was that that was current.

Fresno and that was earlier that day I had just barely got home from school :P
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

SlowPokemon

Had an awesome movie date with Margaret today :) the movie was pretty wtf (dark shadows) but it was fun and we did other stuff afterward
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

I wondered how long it would take someone to make a comment about that phrase. Turns out it didn't even take a full minute.

SuperFireKirby

sexsexsex, is that all you kiddies think about? But how was the movie Slow? Disappointing? Or surprisingly good?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Hmmm... It was neither exceedingly good, nor terribly bad. It was entertaining. I felt like they could have done much more with the material. While the plot had a nice (and looong) build up, I felt like it didn't keep itself together the whole way, bringing some totally pointless and random plot twists in the last half hour or so. The violence was all very well done, I found it amusing as well as kind of horrifying. And in the final scene, there are some really cool special effects. Though after viewing both this and Sweeney Todd, I'm pretty sure Tim Burton has a blood fetish. Just saying. Oh and there's a sex scene where two characters ricochet off the walls and ceiling and destroy everything, which was pretty amusing.

Another problem was that while characters were developed fairly well, many of them never really did anything. There were too many characters to give all of them adequate screen time. Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter (my personal favorite actor and actress, respectively btw) played particularly fun characters, the former as the protagonist vampire who is bewildered by literally everything in the current day (upon seeing Alice Cooper: "Ugliest woman I've ever seen") and the latter as a live-in psychiatrist who's perpetually drunk or stoned. It's worth noting though that the running gag of modern things confusing Barnabas grows a bit tedious, though it isn't as overplayed as I expected. There are a few genuine laughs in there, but interestingly enough a lot of them stem from the violence/horror it displays (I guess that's what the MPAA means by "comic horror violence").

The very end of the movie, the very last scene, an epilogue of sorts, while a very very odd thing to include and something that I'm sure didn't sit well with some people, leaves it open for a sequel. I think a sequel would be fairly interesting, especially given the way this was ended.

Here's the general summary: If you're a Tim Burton/Johnny Depp fan, you'll probably enjoy this movie. If you're looking for a legitimately amazing film, you won't be impressed. I liked the film. It was better than their previous collaboration, Alice in Wonderland (though that's not that hard to beat to be fair).

SlowPokemon

Omg I just realized if you search "spirited away the return" in Google, my video of me playing that song is the first result! :o wow! The first page of Google for such a general search term...

DrP

Our accounting spring banquet is over.

I got a pretty fancy scholarship from one of the firms that came to the event. I got lots of face time with the recruiters and lots of them "want to see me apply for internships in the fall". One of them even said, "Here's my card. I really want to see you in our office next year."

And so many of them want to take me out to lunch or out to a client when over the summer.

I can only go up from here!!!!!!

I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY!

Raymondbl

Quote from: DrP on May 19, 2012, 10:33:00 PMOur accounting spring banquet is over.

I got a pretty fancy scholarship from one of the firms that came to the event. I got lots of face time with the recruiters and lots of them "want to see me apply for internships in the fall". One of them even said, "Here's my card. I really want to see you in our office next year."

And so many of them want to take me out to lunch or out to a client when over the summer.

I can only go up from here!!!!!!

I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY!
:D :D :D  That's great, keep it up.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Jub3r7

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 19, 2012, 08:37:14 PMOmg I just realized if you search "spirited away the return" in Google, my video of me playing that song is the first result! :o wow! The first page of Google for such a general search term...
You only have over a thousand views for some of your videos.

Also, congratulations, drp!
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

I know, most of mine don't get viewed very much. I have 12,000 some for Alice's Theme, 7,000 some for Belle, and I don't think many of the others have broken a thousand. Not too great. Still.

SuperFireKirby

No longer unemployed! Just got hired by Moe's and am gonna start next week.

Time to rake in teh monah and buy some useless junk!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Zunawe

Found a $20 bill on the ground. 'Nuff said.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby