News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Okay, let's bring up another thing: my anxiety is what makes me so terrified. I need to build up confidence.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Olimar12345

sorry, I edited my post:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 08, 2015, 10:02:07 PMTo do it a lot. Play for everyone you can and try not to think too hard about it. Let yourself get lost in the music.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

Oooh, okay. How do you get over that first initial "oh god i am so scared" bump?

Olimar12345

The same way you get over how cold the pool water is: you jump in.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jub3r7

Also, practicing extra to compensate for nervousness is a thing, too.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

For me, being nervous kind of went away after I got used to performing. I hardly feel anything anymore. Idk if that's common though, some people will tell you it never goes away and it definitely never goes away entirely.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

For someone with bad anxiety it doesn't always go away, but in no way is it a career stopper if you can manage it.
The best strategy I've used is to sing the music in your head, imagining the score passing by you on a long scroll. Don't think too much about the technical difficulties.
And +1 to what Olimar said. Tips are great, but the best way to learn how to effectively use them is through performing.
Even something as simple as getting on a Skype call with someone and playing for them counts as performing.
what is shitpost

Nebbles

I was gonna try performing in front of my friends over Skype sooner or later as a start to getting more confident.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Nebbles on July 08, 2015, 11:57:21 PMI was gonna try performing in front of my friends over Skype sooner or later as a start to getting more confident.
You should. It's a good way to gain confidence.
what is shitpost

Nebbles

Of course it's still kinda scary, but it's a start. I can always ask my parents too.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

You definitely should. If you'd like, I'm also welcome to be an audience, just add me on Skype.

In other news, my new project is a composition one! Sort of.
I'm writing variations on this theme of Schubert.
what is shitpost

BlackDragonSlayer

I found out that there is a place called California Ocean Grill nearby, a.k.a. SEAFOOD HEAVEN. <3_<3
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 09, 2015, 01:23:39 AMI found out that there is a place called California Ocean Grill nearby, a.k.a. SEAFOOD HEAVEN. <3_<3
eww seafood
what is shitpost

Nebbles

Seafood is so good tho

InsigTurtle

Seafood is good if you cook it right. It's super easy to overcook it though, so I guess a lot of people have experiences eating salty fishy rubber.

I won a student composer competition in my province, and it's going on to national judging. Although, I don't have too much faith in that piece since the feedback from the provincial adjudicator noted its difficulty ^_^;
I guess I have trouble controlling the difficulty in both my arrangements and compositions? Even though I only made a net profit of $20, I don't really care about the prize since it's a nice accomplishment :P