News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Doctor Who

Started by EFitTrainr, April 13, 2011, 10:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 24, 2013, 10:59:10 AM
Spoiler
Time Lords have 13 uses of regeneration, meaning Capaldi might be the last one.

They froze Gallifrey in a one moment, in a pocket universe. Consider it as a bubble.
[close]

Spoiler
I knew about the regeneration thing (though I thought it was 12 regenerations, 13 Doctors), but I'm pretty sure like SFK said they're going to work around that. My guess is with Amy remembering the Doctor and bringing him back that he started with a clean slate there (making Capaldi the first regeneration, second Doctor)

And yeah pocket universes, I know those too (from Hide). I just assumed that the pocket universe was the painting.
[close]

Bubbles

Ok another thing

My friend insisted that the War Doctor regenerated into Eccleston, but he's the Ninth doctor. I thought he would have regenerated into Hartnell?

I should probably watch the classic episodes so I actually know who these people are

Mashi

By War Doctor, do you mean the Eight Doctor who starred in a movie, who is also known as the most Fabulous Doctor (he even beats the 17th!!!).

And by Hartnell, do you mean the First Doctor???

SuperFireKirby

^Yes, William Hartnell is the first Doctor.

And I believe she is referring to the John Hurt, who is known as the Warrior Doctor. But no, he regenerates into Eccleston. Otherwise, it would be put into an endless loop of regeneration going from Hartnell all the way through Hurt and back to Hartnell.

But more importantly, Tom Baker's presence was extremely welcome, but does anyone have any theories on why the heck he's an art curator?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Yugi

How many doctors does it take to open a door?

Waddle Bro

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 26, 2013, 12:45:31 AMBut more importantly, Tom Baker's presence was extremely welcome, but does anyone have any theories on why the heck he's an art curator?
The Doctor goes to visit his other personalities, but as we got the explanation, due to mixed timestreams, they won't remember their visits.

Bubbles

Woah woah wait a second. When does the Time War happen in the Doctors lifetime? I thought it was placed before the story started, with the story beginning with Hartnell right after he "destroyed" Gallifrey

And if the War doctor regenerates into Eccleston, doesnt that bump every Doctor up a number? (Tennant is 11, Smith is 12, etc)

SuperFireKirby

The Time War took place between McGann and Eccleston, before the start of the reboot. Not before the start of the original series.

And actually Smith is technically the 13th regeneration.

First you have Hartnell thru McGann(1-8), then John Hurt or the Warrior Doctor(9), Eccleston(10), then Tennant uses two regenerations, one when he regenerates from Eccleston and one in Journey's End(11 & 12), and then there's Matt Smith(13).

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

Ohhhh that makes a lot more sense. I didn't know about the Eighth's regeneration, I guessed I missed that.

Waddle Bro

SFK, I don't think the Journey's End Doctor used up that much of regeneration energy. Plus they referenced in the 50th "all thirteen", meaning Capaldi was the thirteenth.

Also, I'm hoping to see the return of the Valeyard.

SuperFireKirby

Capaldi is the 13th Doctor, but he's going to technically be the 14th regeneration.

blueflower999

I'm just going to call Hurt the 8.5th Doctor so it totally doesn't mess me up.

Besides, TENnant has to be the 10th Doctor, and the Eleventh Hour doesn't make sense without Matt Smith being the 11th Doctor.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Waddle Bro

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 26, 2013, 06:08:39 PMCapaldi is the 13th Doctor, but he's going to technically be the 14th regeneration.
I just don't think that's the case.

SuperFireKirby

Moffat has already confirmed it. Word of God bitches, deal with it.

Waddle Bro

Oh, he has? :O

Sorry for doubting you then!!!