News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Schoolwork Help Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, April 08, 2011, 07:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

I need help. What themes do you see in baroque artworks? I've tried google, but all I got were complicated long, rambling, confusing answers.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Ruto

Quote from: Mashi on April 14, 2016, 04:56:25 PM2-Acetyl, 4-Methyl, Cyclohexene-1-ol???  idk, taking a guess lol

That's a pretty good guess lol but the professor told me the parent chain was cyclohexene. She wrote the problem, so I would have to use that.

I thought of the O=CCH3 as a ketone at first, but I heard her mumble acetyl when she was trying to work out the problem so I stuck to that too. The The three substituents are then hydroxy (OH), acetyl (Ac) and methoxy (MeO) (a freakin' ether).

Quote from: BrainyLucario on April 14, 2016, 05:02:21 PMI need help. What themes do you see in baroque artworks? I've tried google, but all I got were complicated long, rambling, confisong answers.

There's a sign in my library "Google will get you many answers, but a librarian will get you the right one." Try a library.

I don't have any books on baroque art at home, but there are plenty in my office space at school. I've also taken some photos of baroque churches in Austria but there must be plenty of them online too...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Mashi on April 14, 2016, 04:56:25 PMYour answer is correct.  This is the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus joined with Chain Rule is that helps you understand it better.  An easy way to check would be to evaluate yourself by taking the integral and then differentiating.  However, as a word of fair warning, you might see in the future examples where you have to differentiate a function that doesn't have an elementary integral (e^x^2, as a common example), so it'll be useful for you to understand the general process for finding the solution than doing straight evaluations.
Thank you, Mashi! I did use both the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus and the Chain Rule to solve it, but I wanted to make sure I was doing it the right way because none of the sample problems used trigonometric functions (and I was a little tired while doing it :P).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Find the value for the missing coordinate that satisfies the following condition:
P1 = (r,120degrees); P2 = (4,160degrees); P1P2 = 3.297

When I plugged it into the polar distance formula and tried to solve for r I got this far before getting stuck:
r^2 - 8rcos40 = -5.129791

Please tell me I'm just missing something really stupid here.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bubbles

InsigTurtle

A bit confused here.
I was analyzing something in D minor, but the last 4 chords of the piece are A7b9-Dm7-Db7-CM7
So what would the functional chord symbols here be? V9-i7-bI7-VII natural 7 or something? Or should I analyze the last two chords in C major as bII7-I7?
It's a lot different than the other stuff I've had to analyze for class...

Olimar12345

Think about the seventh chords: only two chords in a minor scale can have a major seventh: III and VI. Dominant chords are always V of something, so that Db7 might as well be a V7/? to begin with.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

InsigTurtle

Hmm, it'd be V7/bIV of D minor then? I was thinking the Db7 was a tritone substitution thing, replacing G7. Maybe the thing switched to C major before and I didn't notice since they didn't change the key signature, and it's actually V9/ii-ii7-V7/bIV-I7...?

mikey

can anyone explain IPv6 to me?  I grasped the concept of IPv4 fairly well, but the explanations of v6 are going over my head, mostly the parts about interface and uni/multi/anycast addresses

also bonus points if you can explain what the / means in a Teredo prefix (2001::/32)
unmotivated

Zunawe

I'm looking for a few responses to a survey if you guys wouldn't mind. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes on average.

https://goo.gl/forms/bUvjWEvyXys1Ch7R2

Thanks.

EDIT: Closed. Thanks for the halps.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dudeman

I guess you could say you're

collecting data
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Shadpwkirby this needs to go on your meme page
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Who is shadpwkirby? Any relation to shadowkirby?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

EFitTrainr

I like food.