News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Schoolwork Help Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, April 08, 2011, 07:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

At 920 words, I'm almost a third there. Though, I am prepared to pull an all-nighter if I have to. Anything it takes to get this piece of shit done by 11 AM lmao

Edit: Update: slowing down... I'm at 1224 words now...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Altissimo on December 14, 2015, 01:15:35 PMwould u like a trophy
No, I'm just making a statement. Don't give me a smart remark every time I say something.
Thank you.

Btw, good luck with your paper, Olimar!

Olimar12345

Thanks, but her "smart remark" was just about as useful as your comment was. It kind of came out of nowhere and did not lend itself to the conversation whatsoever. Work on that, lol.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

braix

GOGOGO
TAKE OUT EVERY CONTRACTION
GG
BULLSHIT WINS
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

Lol I got a B on it xD procrastination wins!

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bubbles

Can someone please help me with this -_-" I feel like it's really easy but my brain refuses to work

If y=f(x) is a solution to dy/dx = 1/(xy) with f(1)=2, find (d^2y)/(dx^2) at the point (1,2)

All I have to do is take the derivative of 1/(xy) right? So would that be -(x+y)/(xy)^2? Or do I still evaluate with dy/dx and get something like [x(dy/dx) + y]/-(xy)^2? Or is there a whole other way I'm not doing it

Latios212

I'll be back in a bit to either do it or check whoever did it
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bubbles

Zeila

You do implicit differentiation (there's another way to do it with partial derivatives, but this is simple enough) to get -[x(dy/dx) + y]/(xy)^2 (which is what you had previously), then plug in dy/dx = 1/(xy) to get -[1/y + y]/(xy)^2, and finally plug (1, 2) into the equation. You were pretty close, but you just needed to plug in what was already given to you

I might be wrong though, so if this is a question in a book that has answers in the back, then just say if you ended up getting the right answer or not and then Latios (or someone else) can help you with it

Bubbles

That looks vaguely familiar I think it's right ahh

Thank you so muchh we normally get the answers for these things so I could work backwards if I don't get it but not for this one :/

Latios212

Quote from: Bubbles on March 19, 2016, 02:40:42 PM[x(dy/dx) + y]/-(xy)^2?
Quote from: Zeila on March 19, 2016, 04:05:44 PM-[x(dy/dx) + y]/(xy)^2
-[1/y + y]/(xy)^2, and finally plug (1, 2) into the equation
Mhmm looks right to me. You're taking the derivative of 1/xy with respect to x and end up with that. But since x=1, y=2 at this point and you have a form of dy/dx in terms of x and y, you can evaluate and get a number. Like -5/8, I think.

please tell me if I'm wrong when you get the answers because I haven't done calculus in quite a while
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

unmotivated

Bubbles

Yup I got -5/8 as a final answer ^^ thanks you guys

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 19, 2016, 04:19:01 PMI miss math class
Math class was decent until this year :/ my teacher believes in the student figuring out the majority of the work so you learn it better, but that's turned into her not explaining things thoroughly. It's not a good sign when in the beginning of the year you're told "don't expect to get near an A in this class, you're not supposed to"