News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Schoolwork Help Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, April 08, 2011, 07:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

Quote from: JaMaHa on November 03, 2011, 10:04:24 AMDid you know that if an untrained level 12 Pikachu has 28 speed, its IV for speed somewhere between 12 and 19?

Thanks to Mathematics S3, I do now.
Would it have to be hasty nature?
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Jamaha

Nature didn't affect said Pikachu's speed.

Mashi

An object is thrown upwards and reaches a maximum distance of H in T seconds.  What distance does the object reach in T/4 seconds?

i spent ~5 minutes on this and is the reason i couldnt review the exam to fix the elevator question that i got wrong and waaaaaaaaah

Cobraroll

^Remember that the object reaches its maximum distance when its velocity is zero (it turns in mid-air, and for a brief moment, it's neither going in one direction nor the other). Acceleration is constant (unless you throw it really, really high). That means that the laws of motion can be put into use. S = V0t + 1/2 at2 and all that.

It's kinda late over here now, so my mind is a bit fuzzy. I can look further into this tomorrow.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Mashi

The answer needed to be in terms of H and only H, which is what really messed me up.  I found the initial velocity through substitution and making T = 4s, so uf=ui+at -> 0 = ui + -10 m/ss x 4s -> -ui = -40 m/s -> ui = 40 m/s

After that, I plugged it into the equation you stated, so d=ui x t + 1/2 a x t^2 and found that d = 320m.  After that, I did the same thing, but with the T/4 value (1s) and found that d = 35m.  But the answer wasn't a fraction of that.

Though, I just realised how inane it was to do all that.
Still have no clue how to do this though. :(

EDIT: Just remembered why I did all of that; I plugged in the value involving T into the H of the multiple choice answers and if they equaled to the T/4 value of the distance.

EDIT 2: http://i41.tinypic.com/34sik9d.png
NEVER MIND, FRIEND HELPED ME SOLVE IT.

Mashi

omg i remember when i needed help with that question baby mashi is so cute
how did i even screw up such an easy question

im bumping this but im going to put a question here from this textbook that i dont know the answer to because fun fun fun

"For free electrons in a solid, at what energy is the probability that a particular state is occupied equal to a) 0.01; b) 0.99?"

ETFROXX

Guys, what should I do for my audio design project.

It needs to be about Thanksgiving. Can involve video and/or pictures. Not strictly audio. Can be funny, serious, whatever.

Ideas?

I don't want to just ask people what they're thankful for, too overdone methinks.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ETFROXX on November 18, 2013, 07:24:46 AMGuys, what should I do for my audio design project.

It needs to be about Thanksgiving. Can involve video and/or pictures. Not strictly audio. Can be funny, serious, whatever.

Ideas?

I don't want to just ask people what they're thankful for, too overdone methinks.
Question the ethics of Black Friday. You could technically consider it Thanksgiving-related...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Haha everybody's just like "I'm so grateful"
12 hours later
"IT'S MINE GIVE IT TO ME I GOT MY HANDS ON IT FIRST"
*Tramples everybody in their way*
Why not make a video about a turkey?  (With complete soundtrack, of course)
unmotivated

Greg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSBq8geuJk0‎

IMPROVE THIS VIDEO. If you think that's possible. I'm not sure, personally.

(yeah yeah I don't know how to embed youtube okay)

Bubbles

Something about food or football? That's all I can think of

And Black Friday keeps getting pushed forward farther and farther. I heard some stores are actually opening during the evening on Thursday this year

Jub3r7

Are Tariffs drawn the same way as Quotas on a Price and Quantity graph below the Domestic Supply line and above the Total Supply line labeled "Domestic Supply with Tariffs?"
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

ETFROXX

Quote from: Bubbles on November 18, 2013, 05:21:25 PMSomething about food or football? That's all I can think of

And Black Friday keeps getting pushed forward farther and farther. I heard some stores are actually opening during the evening on Thursday this year

I want to do something completely different. But idk.

My idea was some funny version of the original version thanksgiving story. Idk. :(

ETFROXX

mikey

"and they're all like 'YAAAAAAY'"
xD it's great!
unmotivated