News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Finale Notepad Questions (Tempo Change?) (Still unanswered as of April 26/11)

Started by JDMEK5, April 06, 2011, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

I've got finale notepad 2008 and I need some (ok, a lot) of help figuring this thing out.

1) Can I make grace notes? And if so, how?
2) How do I align text with the entire page?
3) Can I make multiple voices? How?
4) I'm making 2 text boxes for each metronome marking (One being Maestro, and the other, Times New Roman).
Is there an easier way? How?

5) Can I make pick-up beats? How?
6) Can I add more staves? How?
7) Can I make certain parts go faster and/or slower than others? How?
8*) Can I change the volume level for certain parts? How?
9) Can I change the pan for certain parts? (Left and right speakers) How?

These are the only problems I've come across so far. I will edit this one if I have any more.
Thanks for stopping to look at this!

EDIT: I've decided to edit this one instead of making a new topic but I need a clef change in this song.
I think you'll know where once you see it.

I just put this (*) thing in #8 so it wouldn't make the cool face.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

fingerz

Ah, another Finale Notepad 2008 user, like me! Welcome to the club! :D
There's a lot of things you CAN'T do on FN2008, but you can add in multiple voices. The little buttons in the bottom left corner stand for voices, so depending on what one you click on will place the notes in another voice. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

1) no
2) what do you mean? elaborate please.
3) in lower left corner where it says 1 2 3 4, you can change layers.
4) the only way I can think of is to use the font menu to change the fonts.
5) you can't make actual pickup measures, you'll have to use rests.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

Thanks, Shadow!

For #2, let's say I wanted to...  ::) place a text box right in the middle of the page,
(and only be able to move it up and down along the middle). That would be an example of "Center Alignment".
The same goes for the left and right sides.. Could I do that?
(If you still don't get what I mean, I could record a small video for you)

Now for #4, do you mean I can change the font in one text box?  :o

My Arrangements

fingerz

Yeah, if you highlight some of the text you can change just that text. That's what I do for metronome markings in FN2008.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

JDMEK5

Oh. Okay. Thanks! (Check it off....)  :P

My Arrangements

Bloop

If you mean you add an staff: no, you can't

JDMEK5

So, then I'd ask for a layout in that topic over there?

My Arrangements

Bloop

Well, you can add those at the begin before editing the sheet, it can at choosing a blank staff - maybe using something from Chorus - But when you're editing him with notes etc. you can't

JDMEK5

Oh, I see... You can make more than one "piano" ensemble. I don't know why that didn't cross my mind! :P
Well, thanks!

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

7) Can I make certain parts go faster and/or slower than others? How?
the only thing you can do is to accelerando and ritardando. you're unable to have a metronome change during the piece.

8*) Can I change the volume level for certain parts? How?
9) Can I change the pan for certain parts? (Left and right speakers) How?

windows-> instrument list. you can change the volume in the "vol" column and the pan in the "pan column. otherwise, you can change the dynamics with an expression. in the expression selection menu(the MF at the top) the first 9 expressions are dynamics.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

Thanks! I now can change pan and volume manually, but, I don't see any expression selection menu anywhere.
(This is Notepad 2008, right?)

Now for the speed change, if someone with a better version on finale got a hold of it, would they be able to change it in certain parts?

My Arrangements

Bloop

In FN2008 those expression tools are in the articulation tool, I forgot how it looked because I didn't used Finale the last 4 days :P

JDMEK5

My Arrangements