Previous topic - Next topic

HOMESTUCK IS GOING TO FINISH ON 4/13

FANTASTIC
10 (83.3%)
FINALLY
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Jub3r7

Sburb is a sandbox-style game that takes place superimposed over the real world, rather than in a virtual space.
The Server player is able to manipulate the Client's environment in real time in a manner reminiscent of The Sims.
The Client of the game has no real need to interact with the computer and can freely roam around completing objectives.
Actions available to the Server player include being able to build rooms, add on to existing rooms, deploy game objects such as the Totem Lathe, and manipulate objects in the Client's environment.
However, the Server cannot operate outside of a certain radius of the Client.
Furthermore, the Server's actions are limited by the Client's supply of Build Grist. Further applications of Grist are revealed over time.

Each new client-server connection generates a unique session of the game that is apparently independent of all other sessions, unless a daisy-chain of connections is formed with existing players.
The exact number of possible players varies depending on the length of the daisy chain in question, though the minimum number of players is two.

The Cruxtruder is a game object that can be deployed by the Server player at the start of game play.
The Cruxtruder is very large and should be placed carefully as not to obstruct any important doorways, as it costs a lot of Build Grist to move.
Activating the device allows the client player to obtain Cruxite Dowels, along with releasing the Kernel Sprite and revealing an ominous count down that seems to coincide with a meteor heading towards your house.
The Cruxtruder does not directly summon a meteor to its location; rather, it only displays the countdown until the time of an impact at that particular location.

The Kernel Sprite can be prototyped with pretty much any object that you have.
After the first prototyping, it usually isn't able to communicate with you yet.
But when you enter the medium, the Kernel Sprite splits and only the Sprite stays with you; any enemies you encounter will be reminiscent of whatever objects were prototyped by each of the players.

Usually, the Punch Designix can't be deployed until after you enter the Medium, but that's not necessarily impossible.
Usually you would insert a card into the slot, and enter the code for an item you want to create.
Holes are inserted into the card, therefore making the item on it useless.
However, the server player can deploy a pre-punched card at the start of the game.

The pre-punched card should be inserted into the Totem Lathe, and the cylindrical Cruxite Dowel produced from the Cruxtruder should be placed into the Totem Lathe's clamp.
The Cruxite Dowel will then be carved into a an odd shape that should then be taken to the Alchemiter.

Upon placing the carved Cruxite Dowel on the Alchemiter's small pedestal, the device will analyze the object and create an object from which another object is created.
This item must be retrieved and broken in some way in order to enter the Medium, before the meteor hits you.
The object is usually something that represents you, such as a cruxite apple that falls from a tree that is created, or a cruxite bottle that falls from a shelf of a wine collection.

Getting to the medium is actually harder than it sounds; usually something will come up distracting you from your goal, such as family strife, obstructed doorways, random narcilepsy attacks, etc.

And suddenly there's about 10 seconds left until the meteor crashes, your cruxite object blindfolds you and expects you to shoot a small pinata.
Or maybe your Cruxite Dowel produces a raven that lays an egg, but the raven steals the egg and flies away with it to a very high tower, protecting it from you and trying to hatch it the normal way.
Which will not be fast enough, whether you like it or not.

Upon entering the medium, you will fight enemies resembling the prototyped sprites of all the players. Your server player will build your house up to the first gate, using Build Grist that you collect from defeating monsters.
Your prototyped sprite may assist you in some fights, and will also explain some game mechanics to you, albeit in a mysterious and hindering way.

After reaching the first gate, you will enter your land, which in someway represents you, i.e, the Land of Wind and Shade (LOWAS), or maybe the Land of Caves and Silence (LOCAS).

After completing various puzzles, challenges, and learning the lore of your land from the various consorts that live there, you might find the gate that allows you to proceed to the house of your server player.

The last person to enter the medium, upon reaching the gate in their respective land, will not proceed to their server player's house (the first player to enter).

Oh yeah, and each session has an extremely powerful Denizen that is responsible for some terrible deed on your planet, i.e, killing all the ocean life that lives there.

You will not be able to kill it for a VERY long time, and it's highly suggested that you don't go there unless you want to die really fast.

Upon defeating a denizen of a SBURB session, you will recieve a ridiculous load of grist that is neccesary to perform the ultimate alchemy, which is most likely related to the creation of a new universe.

Oh yeah, and the meteors.
There is a battle between Derse and Prospit in Skaia, and the good guys were destined to lose.

Derse and Prospit are places that you visit in your dreams when you reach some sort of self-realization about yourself, i.e, subconscious writings on your wall that you never noticed before.

Located in the medium, you basically can fly around on Prospit and Derse. Your Prospit/Derse self can be used as an extra life, in case you happen to die in the medium.
However, if you lose your extra life in this way, it will be almost impossible to become God Tier.

After Derse defeats Prospit, the black king takes the white king's scepter and begins the reckoning upon Skaia, in which meteors are sent to Earth along with baby clones of all the players in your session, which are sent into the past to create the present you.

All the fighters of the Propitian and Dersite armies are also affected by the prototypings of your Kernel Sprite, which will determine to a large extent how tough your boss battle will be with the Derse king.

And even then, when you reach the final destination, when you are reaching for the final objective to complete the game...
A scratch will appear, created by another session in another universe, which will tear your session apart as some terrible creature with omniscient -

Did I mention God Tier?
You will eventually reach the top rungs of your echeladder, and you might still not be powerful enough to defeat the toughest bosses.
If you die on your quest bed, which is located somewhere in your land, your dream self will be taken to the Skaian battlefield and you will have powers reminiscent of your title.

Oh yeah, your title. A title is a name that represents a mythological role, which will determine to a large extent of what you can do.
For example, the "Knight of Time" would get awesome time powers, the "Heir of Breath" could do the windy thing, and the "Seer of Light"  might get awesome seering powers. or something.

You can get some aspect of your powers even before you become God Tier, i.e, time travel or seering powers.
Although if your dream self extra life has already been used, you can't become God Tier. Ever.

But yeah. SBURB is incredibly awesome.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Does this game actually exist?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

Well, in an evasive way to answer your question, here's a song from the game....

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Winter

He basically explained the ENTIRE game there.

Jub3r7

lol. I didn't explain the story at all, though.

Greg

I REALLY don't get it.  ???

You guys are CONFUSING  :-\

Jub3r7

Greg

Wait... you mean it's not an actual game?

If that's the case, NOW I get it.  :P

Winter

xDDDD

inorite.

he did that to me and I was confused for ages

Greg

Ok, after seeing the whole thing I'm confused AGAIN.

He dies? That's kinda.... well, odd.

Jub3r7

Jub3r7

Something tells me that AH has the second disc.