News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

EVs, IVs, and all that other crap, how does it work?

Started by Dude, March 26, 2011, 02:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taser9090

Quote from: Dude on March 27, 2011, 12:05:21 PMOff topic: Taser, I found a better way of expressing how you feel about Animal Crossing in Japanese.

私がどうぶつの森ã,'大好きです
Or you don't even need the "Watashi" in the sentence, as "I" is already assumed.  Also, "Desu"  makes it more formal (I think), so if you want to get rid of it, that's fine.

どうぶつの森ã,'大好き
On topic: I think I'm starting to get it now. I just need to learn about natures and stuff and then just keep some paper nearby so I can write what EVs I want.

Thanks everyone!
I'm learning more Japanese as I go :p
Wouldn't it also work if you said:
私はどうぶつの森e+が大好きですã,ˆï¼
Which means "I LOVE Doubutsu no Mori e+!"
I didn't learn the way you described it yet, so...

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Dude

Well the phrase particle "ã,'" is an object marker and would probably make more sense to use it since animal crossing is the object.

So, 私がどうぶつの森e+ã,'大好きですã,ˆï¼ Works as well.
I honestly don't care for the phrase particle wa, dunno why, but I don't. Although it might be ok to use it after watashi instead of ga

You must be learning business style Japanese, right?

Taser9090

Quote from: Dude on March 29, 2011, 09:13:36 AMWell the phrase particle "ã,'" is an object marker and would probably make more sense to use it since animal crossing is the object.

So, 私がどうぶつの森e+ã,'大好きですã,ˆï¼ Works as well.
I honestly don't care for the phrase particle wa, dunno why, but I don't. Although it might be ok to use it after watashi instead of ga

You must be learning business style Japanese, right?
I'm learning basic Japanese, and the formal way of speaking it.  Next year, I'll be learning the informal ways also.
So, the way you wrote it is informal?
(Too lazy to type in Japanese)
"Watashiwa Doubutsu no Mori e+o suki desuyo"?

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

DonValentino

OK, so I´m training an Aerodactyl on White. He´s at lvl 44 at the moment, with this stats:
         Attack 137
         Defense 75
         Sp. Atk. 66 (Not important, though, since it has attacks like Dragon Claw)
         Sp. Dfs. 82
         Speed 119
I already trained him with Herdiers and Watchogs (give attack EVs) and Frillish (Sp. Defense), what should I do now?

Roz~

His IVs.
You should also be sure of how many EVs your Aerodactyl has, in case you mess them up.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on April 29, 2011, 08:24:06 AMSp. Def on an Aerodactyl? wut?

Just in case!  ;D
I know that Aerodactyl is very good at attack and speed, but if he doesn´t defeat the opponent on the first turn (for some reason), giving him a little extra EVs on Sp. Def. could save him another turn!

DonValentino

Quote from: Roz~ on April 29, 2011, 07:49:01 AMHis IVs.
You should also be sure of how many EVs your Aerodactyl has, in case you mess them up.

Wait... Where can I see his IVs? I´ve already read the first page of this thread, but it isn´t included "how to see the IVs".

Jub3r7

How do you see how many push-ups I did yesterday? Pretty much the same situation.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DonValentino

Quote from: Jub3r7 on April 29, 2011, 09:33:31 AMHow do you see how many push-ups I did yesterday? Pretty much the same situation.

Not even one, I´m absolutely sure... ¬_¬

JOKES! Calm down.  :D
Well, doesn´t mind. Now I´ll defeat more Watchogs and Basculin on Route 1. Thanks, anyways!

Cobraroll

^The best place to beat Basculin is at Route 3, because they are at generally lower levels, and there is no grass between the lake shore and the nearest Pokémon Center.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DonValentino

Quote from: Cobraroll on April 29, 2011, 10:14:57 AM^The best place to beat Basculin is at Route 3, because they are at generally lower levels, and there is no grass between the lake shore and the nearest Pokémon Center.

Thanks for the advice!

spitllama

Quote from: WarioMan98 on April 29, 2011, 09:10:08 AMWait... Where can I see his IVs? I´ve already read the first page of this thread, but it isn´t included "how to see the IVs".

If you have been keeping track of how many EVs your Aerodactyl has, you can google IV calculator and use the one on serebii.net. It's really helpful to decide if a poke is worth training.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Roz~

Quote from: spitllama on May 12, 2011, 08:14:47 AMIf you have been keeping track of how many EVs your Aerodactyl has, you can google IV calculator and use the one on serebii.net. It's really helpful to decide if a poke is worth training.

No it's not. Serebii's calculator is known for being a crappy calculator i.e it usually gives wrong results. If you want a good calculator, google metalkid's calculator.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Olimar12345

sorry if this  is in the wrong topic, but can u breed shiny pkmn?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!