Submissions for Mar. 20 Update - 3 New + ∞ Replacements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 09, 2011, 12:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

The usual. Don't forget to read the formatting guidelines.

Post up to 3 new submissions and as many replacements as you want.

Try not to muck this up with unnecessary posts.

List of accepted arrangements (Updated constantly):

[PC] Cave Story - "Access" - Olimar12345
[PC] Cave Story - "Break Down.." - Olimar12345
[PC] Cave Story - "Gestation" - Olimar12345
[N64] Diddy Kong Racing - "Haunted Woods" - JDMEK5
[GBA] Golden Sun: The Lost Age - "Aqua Rock" - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun: The Lost Age - "Dehkan Plateau" - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun: The Lost Age - "Epilogue" - Thomas Wilson
[GCN] Kirby Air Ride - "Opening" - The Deku Trombonist
[GCN] Kirby Air Ride - "Station Fire" - The Deku Trombonist
[GCN] Mario Party 7 - "Windmillville" - JDMEK5
[SNES] Mother 3 - "Title Theme" - Shadowkirby_64
[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. - "World 1 (The Plains) (Two Pianos)" - Gzgregory
[N64] Paper Mario - "Crystal Palace" - Tangy
[NDS] Pokemon Black/White - "Castelia City" - Dr. Pamplemousse
[NDS] Pokemon Black/White - "Elite Four Battle" - Clanker37
[NDS] Pokemon Black/White - "Musical Hall" - Jordan Knapp
[NDS] Pokemon Black/White - "Plasma Grunt Battle" - Dr. Pamplemousse
[NDS] Pokemon Black/White - "Rival Battle" - Dr. Pamplemousse
[NDS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - "Route 47/48" - The Deku Trombonist
[NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Dusk Forest" - Joel Hands-Otte
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Mt. Pyre" - Joel Hands-Otte
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Route 111 (Desert) (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Sootopolis City" (Replacement) - Joel Hands-Otte
[N64] Pokemon Snap - "Pokemon Album" - JDMEK5
[XBOX360] Portal - "Still Alive" (Replacement) - Tangy
[SNES] Star Fox - "Corneria" - mantis985
[SNES] Super Mario World - "Bonus" (Replacement) - G-Han
[SNES] Super Mario World - "Course Clear Fanfare" (Replacement) - G-Han
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Faron Woods" (Replacement) - Thomas O'Day

pumpy_heart

[GBA] Golden Sun: The Lost Age - "Aqua Rock" - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun: The Lost Age - "Dehkan Plateau" - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun: The Lost Age - "Epilogue" - Thomas Wilson

You know the story..
On a more positive note, 3 submissions away from 100 songs on the site.  ;D

Deku:

Accepted.

Do you mean no. 100 is in these 3, or the next 3?

pumpy_heart:
I believe I have 91 on the site. So continuing with the 3 songs per update, 3 updates until I have 100.

fingerz

Here's my submissions! I might have another one to put up, but it mightn't be ready in time.

Dusk Forest - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky MUS
Took me a month and a half to finish this! My Finale Notepad 2011 demo lapsed yesterday before I finished so I had write it all out using Finale Notepad 2008... In bars 53 and 54 I need the notes with the semiquavers changed to crushed notes or leading notes. Could you fix that for me Deku? Thanks!

Route 111 (Desert) (Duet) - Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Versions MUS
If you didn't like the one above Deku, here's it designed for a two-piano duet. Hopefully this is a little more playable. :P

Sootopolis City (replacement) - Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Versions MUS
Now this was a lot of fun to make! There are a couple of things that need to be done though. The firs bar should technically be an anacrusis, so if you could change that I'd be grateful. Also, bars 36 to 40 should have an 8va over them, but I can't do that with Finale Notepad 2008. Thanks Deku!

Mt. Pyre - Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Versions MUS
Nice, simple easy sheet... except for one quintuplet. :P If you could change the first bar to an anacrusis, that'd be great. Thanks!

Deku:

Dusk Forest: Okay.

Desert: There's not too much wrong with this (aside from the odd ridiculous stretch), but at the same time, I'm reluctant to remove the one that's already on the site. I'll get back to you after I've had a chat to the others.

Deku:
I'll accept the duet, but I've moved things around to make it a duet for 2 people on 1 piano. We tend to prefer that when possible.

Deku:
There's a limit of 3, unless these are replacements in disguise.

Fingerz:
Well, Sootopolis City is a replacement, so that makes three. There we go, now you can just upload these. :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

JDMEK5

[N64] Diddy Kong Racing

Haunted Woods:
Midi | Mus | Xml | Pdf

[GCN] Mario Party 7

Windmillville:
Midi | Mus | Xml | Pdf

[N64] Pokémon Snap

Album Theme:
Midi | Mus | Xml | Pdf

I took off the requests for now. I'll try to fix them up before the next submittion period. I left these so that I won't be so discouraged that none of my submittions have been on the site for 3(+) submittion periods.
Just to give you a heads up, I might change the Album from Pokémon Snap if it sounds too wrong.
Let me know soon if it's good enough.  :P

Winter:

Someone is going to need to edit the MUS's to fit the formatting guidelines, they'll need Finale 2011.

JDMEK5:

Does it need to be Finale or Allegro? Or would any 2011 Finale product work?

Deku:

Album Theme: Something needs to be done about the overlapping hands from 8 onwards. If you just want it dropped down a couple of octaves, I can do that.

Windmillville: Accepted with minor changes.

Haunted Woods: I'll get there tomorrow.

Winter:

@JDMEK5: I believe they'll need Finale 2011 if they're going to edit the Mus file I made. If they make a new mus with your xml, then they can use their own version of Finale. I don't know about Allegro

JDMEK5:

@Deku: Ok. Please go ahead. I can't do it because as you know, I don't have finale (anything), and I don't know how to put a link in without the address.
One more thing, (sorry, it's a little off topic) "Angel Valley" in the Kirby Air Ride section, what exactly is that really supposed to sound like? I've played the game for ages and I've never heard that before.

JDMEK5:

@Winter: So, only Finale 2011 can edit already made .mus'?

Winter:

Yep. (At least the MUS I provided.)

Deku:

Haunted Woods & Album fixed and accepted.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Winter

I'll see if I can convert those 3 files to MUS tomorrow, unless someone else wants to do that.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

moar cave story (b'-')b

[pc]-Cave Story-Access- MUS Midi
[pc]-Cave Story-Break Down..- MUS Midi
[pc]-Cave Story-Gestation- MUS Midi

and its actually spelled "Break Down.." with 2 peroiods.

Olimar1:
looks good! great job!

Olimar2:
Thanks! i try my best :J

Olimar3:
Being a big fan of Cave Story, i cant thank you enough for taking on the task of arranging the entire sound track for piano!

Olimar4:
i agree.

Olimar5:
too bad my folder of new cave story songs is just sitting around waiting to be submitted...

Deku:
Sorry about the wait...been busy...too many rehearsals. 3 orchestras and a wind ensemble + uni takes up a lot of time.

Yeah, accepted, whatever. Nice monologue.

Olimar12345:
All: hahaha thanks.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Greg

My first submission  ;D

[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. Walking the Plains (2 pianos)

MUS

[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. World 1-The Plains (2 pianos)

MUS

Unfortunately, they all require two pianos :-\

Shadoninja

[GBA]Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Amber Valley(For Four Hands)MUS MID

Deku:

Hmmm.... The way you've set this out reminded me of something, namely the need for zip files for duets. I suppose it's a little tough to expect both players to play off the same page, but at the same time it would be nice to hear what it sounds like as a whole. On second thoughts, maybe instead of zip files, we could have the way you've set it out, but with the score first, followed by the individual parts. I'll accept it the way it is currently, but I'll try to get something properly organised for duets.

Actually, what do you think of having the mus file as just the score and then having the score + individual parts in the pdf?
Also, on a side note, did you know you can extract individual parts from a score?

Shado:
I was considering doing the score then separate parts in the same file.

Actually, what do you think of having the mus file as just the score and then having the score + individual parts in the pdf?
it might be a bit confusing.
"Also, on a side note, did you know you can extract individual parts from a score?"
yes, that's how I made the MUS. I extracted the primo and secondo parts and then merged the file into one and made necessary edits.

overall I think the score and parts in one MUS is the best idea. it's all in one spot so you don't have to open two different files and the player(s) are able to use either one.

Deku:
Having thought about it, we need the score and parts in PDF anyway, seeing as the whole point of adding PDFs was accessibility. But I'm not sure whether it's better to have them in separate documents and zipped up, or in one PDF one after the other.

As for score and parts in the MUS file, won't that just end up looking the same as the all-in-one-PDF idea just above?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Sekter77

Here's some Super Mario World Replacements. I only changed the formatting and made some small corrections so I left the original arranger's name there.

{SNES} - Super Mario World
Bonus (Replacement) - MUS - MIDI
Course Clear (Replacement) - MUS - MIDI
Guitar and video games.

SlowPokemon

Pokemon Black and White
Musical Hall--MUS, MID

Please tell me how this one was done, DT! I learned it by ear first...then made sheet music, and I am very proud of this arrangement.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

First come first serve... xD At least you hadn't started it yet... is it a good arrangement?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

I'm unable to look at it at the moment, but I'll check it out on Saturday.
I'm sure you've done and excellent job with that song. Can't wait 'til tomorrow!

EDIT: Love it Slow! Well done. Couldn't have done it better. :)

Clanker37

I literaly just ended this and just in time!
Sorry it's only one, I've been busy playing Black/White
Hope you like it!

Pokemon Black and White Elite Four Battle Mid.Mus.

P.S Who composed it? I didn't know so I googled and found all the B/W composers