News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

JDMEK5's Banana Hoard

Started by JDMEK5, February 27, 2011, 09:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nothing atm

Cool
10 (83.3%)
Whatevs
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

JDMEK5

Quote from: Taser9090 on March 17, 2011, 01:57:24 PMSome of the URLs are wrong, like Toy Time's MUS.

Your arrangements are awesome, but I'd like to see them visually with .mus files...
Sorry, I don't have any finale products so I can't make .mus files. (The Toy Time was made with a trial [yes, long expired])
Any PDFs listed above have been formatted according with the guidelines (I know, they aren't all done yet).

Thanks for letting me know about the broken link.
Any more you found that I should know about?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

JDMEK5

Well.........(..........)

How's the Elite Four Battle? Good enough to make it on the site?
Too hard?

Sure'd like some feedback here.  :-\
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

fingerz

I thought it was really good! Maybe change the really fast right hand part just near the start. If you want (unless somebody else is) I'll turn it into a MUS for you.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

JDMEK5

Thanks! I could really use that! I'm thinking of trying to submit this one next period.
As for the right hand, I don't really have many other ideas that will really change the difficulty much...
Unless you have some ideas.?  :P

This may seem like a uselessly random question, but, do you think this is accurate enough to get on the site?
(I'm only really asking this because I tend to have a real hard time getting my arrangements on)

My Arrangements

Korados

Wonderful arrangements, they are perfect imo! Thank you very much for them!

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 17, 2011, 02:26:50 PMSorry, I don't have any finale products so I can't make .mus files. (The Toy Time was made with a trial [yes, long expired])

One unmoral thought: How about consulting a software pirate friend?

fingerz

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 23, 2011, 04:50:16 PMThis may seem like a uselessly random question, but, do you think this is accurate enough to get on the site?
(I'm only really asking this because I tend to have a real hard time getting my arrangements on)
It seems pretty accurate to me but, if you want me to check, I'd be happy to. :)
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

JDMEK5

Quote from: Korados on March 24, 2011, 01:07:04 PMWonderful arrangements, they are perfect imo! Thank you very much for them!

One unmoral thought: How about consulting a software pirate friend?

Thanks!  :D

EDIT:
Sure, thanks Fingerz!  :)

My Arrangements

SlowPokemon

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 23, 2011, 03:13:04 PMWell.........(..........)

How's the Elite Four Battle? Good enough to make it on the site?
Too hard?

Sure'd like some feedback here.  :-\

Well...it's pretty hard. I don't know any pianist who would take the time to learn a song of this sort if it's going to be this hard. I would love to learn this song...but the left hand is a little ridiculous at times. Hell, so is the right hand. Maybe it can't be arranged any differently...still I was admittedly a bit disappointed.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Well, you know... If a part like those ridiculous right hand parts are simply waaayyy too hard,
I just skip those parts (Assuming those are background sounds {which they are in this case}).
As for the left hand, I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you mean measure 42...
In which case, I would lower super-jumped notes down a few octaves until it's comfortable.

Hope this helps!  8)

My Arrangements

The Deku Trombonist

Errr...what? The whole point of arranging something is to make it playable. That's not to say it can't be difficult, but if you're expecting people to simplify it, then right it simplified. There's no point writing something that will inevitably end up being played a different way nearly all the time.

JDMEK5

*sigh*  You're right. :( Should I simplify it down some to make it easier? (I'm going to assume that's a yes)

My Arrangements

SlowPokemon

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on March 26, 2011, 03:53:10 PMErrr...what? The whole point of arranging something is to make it playable.

^This. People don't come looking for sheet music to have it sound nice...they come to be able to play the song. Most people just browsing the site are amateur or intermediate-level pianists.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Hahaha, I must be an exception. I arrange music to listen to it and I simplify it for people who don't have hands that can stretch 2 octaves plus. :P

JDMEK5

Sooooo..... I SHOULD simplify it down??  ???
(I'll try not to post something this hard again... unless I pm something to you, fingerz  :P)

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Elite four

in the ostinato(repeating phrase) in the bass, the bottom note is actually an F# and the notes on the off-beats go up chromatically so the last note is not an D# but an E natural. make sure to fix this throughout the piece where it appears.

bars 13-20- I would remove the octaves, the top notes for the first four and then the bottom notes for the next four.

bar 21- is there any reason for the C to be that low? if that note is necessary, I would recommend moving it up an octave so the player doesn't have to move their hand awkwardly. if it's not necessary, perhaps octave the F, or leave it as one note played at a time. towards the end of that bar I would use Ab instead of G#

25-32 -again, probably should make it one note played instead of the octave.

33, 35- that low E is oddly tied to the next bar, I would remove the tie and the note it's tied to

43-44 - the first four 16ths could be moved up an octave to avoid an unnecessary jump from F# to E.

45- any reason why the first beat is 8-16-16 instead of four 16th like the previous 2 bars?

46- I would avoid playing more than 1 note in a 16th note run like this.

47-48- odd application of a tremolo especially since you use 8th notes afterwards.

51-52- I would either make the E octaves last for the whole bar, leave the 16th note run in the next bar, and then make an eighth rest out of the two 16th notes at the end of bar 52. repeat for 53-54.

55- why not lower the first two notes an octave and start the 8va at the beginning of the bar?

70- everything past here is a repeat of bar 13 so make put a repeat at the beginning of 13 and the end of 70 and then remove everything past 71.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman